Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] In my life so far I still HAVEN’T done this….

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've never set foot in Africa. And up to about a month ago I'd never owned a dog.

Unfortunately, now I do own a dog, the chances of setting foot in Africa have rapidly decreased. Unless anyone wants a cockapoo for two weeks while I go on Safari?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve never been to me.

And I’ve never met a nice South African.

And to be more serious, I’ve never been ice-skating, never eaten KFC and never been married. The love of my life must be an ice-skating fatty.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Never borrowed any money off my mum and dad, have always made my own way when I started earning money.
If you can't afford it, you can't have it....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never been to a single day of an England cricket match, in any format of the game.

Absolutely clear top of my bucket list, is the Boxing Day Ashes test at the MCG, although bloody glad that came nowhere near to fruition this year :eek:

Close second is an Albion away European match.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I’m not having a pop, but do you not watch American films,listen to American music, or read American books?

I've seen films from the USA, although I'm not a big film watcher.

I've listened to loads of music from there, especially Jazz.

I've read books from there too.

The fact remains, and this is especially so in terms of news, film and TV. We are living in a time of an all pervasive US monoculture, and I'm not a fan of it, or that nation.

Yesterday, I saw the BBC weather just before MotD. They announced, and had it in print, that the next few days are going to be super mild.

Super!?... Fecking Super!? :angry:

What's wrong with words like, very, really, or exceptionally these days? Everything is 'Super' nowadays. How did this happen. Is it Australian even, rather than American? Either way, it makes me 'super' irritated.

Oh, and The US is a terrorist nation and the biggest threat to world peace we've ever seen. I've no intention of going there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Still don’t know a single song by Ed Sheran, One Direction or Little Mix who I believe are the biggest artists of last few years.

Also, never watched or read any Shakespeare (except for the forced consumption at school and pressganged into Sydney Opera House). I positively hate Shakespeare. For England’s greatest playwright and inventor of half our language seemingly, it ain’t ‘Alf boring. So boring…

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Never watched a Harry Potter film or read the books which will most likely stay that way.

Not seen any of the Godfather movies which given how many other films in that genre I have seen and enjoyed is criminal really. Must right that wrong soon.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've seen films from the USA, although I'm not a big film watcher.

I've listened to loads of music from there, especially Jazz.

I've read books from there too.

The fact remains, and this is especially so in terms of news, film and TV. We are living in a time of an all pervasive US monoculture, and I'm not a fan of it, or that nation.

Yesterday, I saw the BBC weather just before MotD. They announced, and had it in print, that the next few days are going to be super mild.

Super!?... Fecking Super!? :angry:

What's wrong with words like, very, really, or exceptionally these days? Everything is 'Super' nowadays. How did this happen. Is it Australian even, rather than American? Either way, it makes me 'super' irritated.

Oh, and The US is a terrorist nation and the biggest threat to world peace we've ever seen. I've no intention of going there.

With you on the Super. Also, what’s with Newscasters now ‘acting’ the news. Don’t even start me on weather presenters winking at the end of the forecast. Disgrace. Overly familiar. Gives us the facts and get off. Stop trying to be our friend. It’s the national news. Not CBBBs.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not seen any of the Godfather movies which given how many other films in that genre I have seen and enjoyed is criminal really. Must right that wrong soon.

I could have written this myself! Except earlier this year I finally made a point of watching TG. And I was….wholly disappointed! Thought it was awful. I couldn’t get past MB’s stuffed cotton wool cheeks dialogue. It was ridiculous. I think I’d already seen too many lampooned comedy impersonations of. Too long and ‘stuffy’, I’ve not bothered with sequels therefore. It may have set the standard for the genre but perhaps the many that have followed have improved on. Because it’s not a patch on eg Goodfellas and several others. IMO of course!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here