Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Team CMS - and proud of it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shall I warm that pie for you?

Yep, and I am delighted for him, in my own defence I have been raving at his resurgence since the Hull game. Looks a different player to the 2nd half of last season, but remember that Cardiff fans were likening CMS to a Championship Tevez at the same stage of last season...

Gus has also seen the light and accepted that we need to be able to vary our play and CMS has been the biggest beneficiary. I am genuinely delighted for the guy :thumbsup:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Probably the worst signing we've ever made, 2.5m wasted we might have got play-offs if only we bought a striker worth 2.5m

How many easy chances and shit first touches has he had

Hahahahaha

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Best not get too carried away.
They may well reopen by November.
We'll probably have to open in a few weeks after he's gone two games without scoring, but don't worry, we'll be shitfaced by then.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I fully expect there to be some humble pie eating, from people on this board, re CMS.
It's occurred to me I'm spreading myself to thinly when it comes to ramming peoples words back down their throats.
So I'm putting my summer of CMS defence into one thread.

- He'll have more poacher balls across the 6 yard box, from Buckley, KLL, Orlandi.
- He'll have Crofts and Vicente in close company.
- Centre halves will be pulled out of position.
- The team have now had a full season in The Championship.

- Last season he was completely detached from our defensive set up.
- Last season he was having to chase down 60 yard lumps up field from Greer.

CMS will be our top scorer, knocking on the door of 20+ goals, without taking a penalty.

I take it in the time I've taken to write this CMS has been sold to Palace. :facepalm:
I am also acutely aware that writing this means Mystic Stat is hammering the final nail into CMS' football coffin, sorry fella.

But i'll sign up to that.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
If that second goal had been scored in the premiership by a top 4 team, it would be constantly played over and over, coz it was scored by a championship team it will get minimal air time, this is disrespectful to CMS.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gus has also seen the light and accepted that we need to be able to vary our play and CMS has been the biggest beneficiary.
I disagree. Gus hasn't seen the light, we just have better players than we had last year and we're more capable. Ironically CMS's goals yesterday weren't from well placed though balls, they were both wonder-strikes, but he is getting better service in general which means he should get more than one chance per game, which takes the pressure off him.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
God I love him but I'm glad I've just worked out this:-

CMS.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
TeamCMS 4 - 0 Impatient Doubters

:clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I fully expect there to be some humble pie eating, from people on this board, re CMS.
It's occurred to me I'm spreading myself to thinly when it comes to ramming peoples words back down their throats.
So I'm putting my summer of CMS defence into one thread.

- He'll have more poacher balls across the 6 yard box, from Buckley, KLL, Noone.
- He'll have Crofts and Vicente in close company.
- Centre halves will be pulled out of position.
- The team have now had a full season in The Championship.

- Last season he was completely detached from our defensive set up.
- Last season he was having to chase down 60 yard lumps up field from Greer.

CMS will be our top scorer, knocking on the door of 20+ goals, without taking a penalty.

I take it in the time I've taken to write this CMS has been sold to Palace. :facepalm:
I am also acutely aware that writing this means Mystic Stat is hammering the final nail into CMS' football coffin, sorry fella.

Hat's off to you for posting that in the first mate.

I agree with you on all points and I have always thought that he will come good for us, eventually! I love the man and I think he will become a BHA legend!

Wardy who???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hat's off to you for posting that in the first mate.
My problem now is stopping myself from :bounce:ing this thread every time, CMS does something half decent.

We could end up with me and him both being run out of town :hilton:

RAK_Electrical

Jun 21, 2012
Lancing/London
We're team CMS here!

Did anyone see our Mike's notes near the back of the FDM programme v Reading? He backs him in there and had a nervous end to the transfer window after getting CMS 12 on the back of his shirt a few weeks ago haha...

p.s. This was our NSC virginity post :)

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Interesting to see the debate change from is he good enough to can we keep Norwich away in January so quickly. If he keeps scoring it's going to take something very special to allow us to let him go and I'm not sure Norwich will be prepared to do that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am not in Team CMS, but also I'm not a CMS doubter. Is sitting on CMS's fence allowed? He's started this season pretty well, I would be reasonably happy if he stayed, or if we got £2.5m+ for him and got a couple of new strikers, I'd be reasonably happy as well.

This was said before Saturday and remains the post that describe my thoughts. If he is going to pull defenders out of position all game, look dangerous, score outstanding goals and generallly play like a £7m player every game then I hope he's here for as long as possible. Was that his best performance since last season's Leeds home game? That doesn't mean people are wrong to have viewed his place in the team with a degree of scepticism before Saturday though. He really didn't look like a £2.5m player for most of last season, so shipping him out in exchange for another highly rated forward who might have fitted in better didn't seem an unreasonable opinion to me.

But to end on a positive note, I can't wait for Sheffield Wednesday, if as it seems our new look midfield is now capable of getting the best out of him. It should also be good to see how much better Bruno is than Mattock.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I disagree. Gus hasn't seen the light, we just have better players than we had last year and we're more capable. Ironically CMS's goals yesterday weren't from well placed though balls, they were both wonder-strikes, but he is getting better service in general which means he should get more than one chance per game, which takes the pressure off him.

Yes I was going to say about the previous comment. Because we are suddenly winning games or creating more chances, those who doubt Gus / CMS seem to suddenly think we have changed our style of play. Admittedly, I have only seen us against Cardiff so far, but I certainly didn't get any change of tactics / style of play - as you quite rightly point ot Trig, we just have better players, with the full-backs in particular being the key areas....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We'll have to agree to differ. The build up last season was painfully slow and pedestrian working the ball up the pitch and trying to walk it into the net. From the opening game this season we have moved the ball quicker, because we have better players at the back but we have also played long balls to CMS to run onto. Gus was very anti long balls in League 1 and last season. I didn't see the game yesterday but in the three previous games we have definitely played to CMS's strengths which IS a case of Gus allowing the team to vary our approach play, which was my original point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He really didn't look like a £2.5m player for most of last season, so shipping him out in exchange for another highly rated forward who might have fitted in better didn't seem an unreasonable opinion to me.
My original point that started this all off was:-
I don't think last season we were the TEAM to have a £2.5m striker.
I think we would have made a £25m striker look ordinary.

Crofts for Nav is the key.
Bruno and Bridge are just the worlds biggest dollop of icing on the cake.

And now we are potentially adding 100's and 1000's on top of that, with Lopez and Orlandi.

It could end up being a tough season for CMS.

We now have the potential to make a £2.5m striker look like a £25m striker.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'll have to agree to differ.
We can do that :thumbsup:
The build up last season was painfully slow and pedestrian working the ball up the pitch and trying to walk it into the net. From the opening game this season we have moved the ball quicker, because we have better players at the back but we have also played long balls to CMS to run onto. Gus was very anti long balls in League 1 and last season.
I agree the speed is down to better players, obviously Gus never asked the players to build up slowly last season, so it's just a question of whether he's asking for more long balls. Even in L1 we were happy to play it long when the opposition pushed up high, and that rule doesn't seem to have changed. The goals we've scored so far have mostly come from the wings. But we don't have to agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here