Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Team CMS - and proud of it.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
That touch of the ball last night was disgusting. About as much control as sipping a cuppa on the waltzer! [emoji35]

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It would appear not just yet :cheery::banana::banana::cheery::vuvu:

Don't get me wrong, I'll be more than happy to moan, groan and boo CMS' rotting carcass out of MY club, it is the Brighton way, after all.

I just want him to have a fair crack of the whip first.

Here here......I don't know what some people expect from a £2.5m striker.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's beyond that now.
I certainly wouldn't be giving it 'me me me' on the back of a Barnsley (?) glory goal.
He'd need to goal a game it through Oct (assuming he's not injured for the month) for me to even begin thinking about puffing my chest out.

I just feel like finally we are playing in a style where CMS can 'afford' to miss the same amount of chances every other striker gets, in order to still score goals.

Give him the chances to miss, then judge him.
He never had that luxury under Gus or Oscar.

That's about right, I hope you get your day in the sun!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
CMS is a one touch player, just like Kevin Phillips. Remember his goal against Ipswich two seasons ago. He needs the ball to him in the box for a one touch, not receiving it with a man at his back 40 yards from goal. People should give him some slack coming back from a season out. Could we focus on the midfields inability to hit the target or provide him with the opportunities. He's an easy target for the boo boys, but he is one facet in the team and the end of the production line, which currently is not delivering the opportunities.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely this has to be the last :bounce:

A new man at the helm, one rumoured to be keen on CMS and not so keen on a lone striker.
If the uncontrollable Labrador is still with us in a month we could be treated to a CMS master class, showing us what we've been missing for the last 3 and a half years.

Or we might not.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mr Hughton should watch some of CMS's goals for Peterborough in his prolific season. Tex/March can play the role of Boyd and Clunge/Baldock the role of McClean. Or we could sell him this month and try and retrieve some of the huge transfer fee.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Surely this has to be the last :bounce:

A new man at the helm, one rumoured to be keen on CMS and not so keen on a lone striker.
If the uncontrollable Labrador is still with us in a month we could be treated to a CMS master class, showing us what we've been missing for the last 3 and a half years.

Or we might not.

Obviously not a fan of him, don't suppose you heard the tremendous applause he got when his name was announced at the Reading game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Obviously not a fan of him, don't suppose you heard the tremendous applause he got when his name was announced at the Reading game.

Red rag to a bull time coming up :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lol:, I assume your taking the pi$$, as you're not new round these parts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remember that Burnley 9 man defeat? His pace and first touch created two chances out of nothing that nearly salvaged an incedible point. He's gone so far backwards.

I do, the silly bugger missed an absolute sitter right at the end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do, the silly bugger missed an absolute sitter right at the end.
Oh I can't let you get away with 'absolute sitter'.
He missed a decent chance, and as is customary for CMS with us, probably his only chance of the game.

But it certainly was no 6 yard box tap in.

Feb 14, 2010
The Reading game showed the difference between CMS who tries hard and Glen Murray who will effortlessly lose his marker and tuck the ball away in the net. Murray is a goal scorer and skilful footballer. CMS will "put a shift in". But the decision to spend Millions on CMS instead of paying Murray his pay rise and signing on fee cost promotion in my book.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
The Reading game showed the difference between CMS who tries hard and Glen Murray who will effortlessly lose his marker and tuck the ball away in the net. Murray is a goal scorer and skilful footballer. CMS will "put a shift in". But the decision to spend Millions on CMS instead of paying Murray his pay rise and signing on fee cost promotion in my book.
They're both nearly Finnish but one of them still finds the onion bag.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
One good game in isolation. Would still sell at the end of the season. Too unreliable on and off the pitch (injury)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Very surprised to see him start tonight but seems to have had a good game. Always liked him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here