Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If you were Graham Potter would you have offered Bruno and Roberts a job to come with you

If you were GP would you have taken Bruno and Roberts with you

• Total voters

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No I would not.

I have integrity and honesty and value what others have done for me.

I'm not a money grabbing, mercenary Judas who stabs his own boss in the back and the tens of thousands of people who supported me by totally destroying the infrastructure of the company who gave me such a lot.

Loyalty is a word total alien to Potter and the money grabbers.

I’ve read some hyperbole on this site but this is well up there.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No I would not.

I have integrity and honesty and value what others have done for me.

I'm not a money grabbing, mercenary Judas who stabs his own boss in the back and the tens of thousands of people who supported me by totally destroying the infrastructure of the company who gave me such a lot.

Loyalty is a word total alien to Potter and the money grabbers.

Except you'd obviously not value what Bruno and Roberts did for you as you wouldn't ask them to go with you?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

There is literally no acknowledgement that clubs sack and get rid of players at a drop of the hat. What we did to Hughton is absolutely not different to what Potter has done to us.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Except you'd obviously not value what Bruno and Roberts did for you as you wouldn't ask them to go with you?

They did it for the club. The team. The fans. Their employer for the last 10 years.

Not for me.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There is literally no acknowledgement that clubs sack and get rid of players at a drop of the hat. What we did to Hughton is absolutely not different to what Potter has done to us.

It's totally different. Hughton got sacked because he wasn't good enough.

Potter left with the entire coaching staff and left us in the shit.

Not even close.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
To Chelsea?

Needs to be done as one poster is suggesting it was a no brainer

Yes I know Potter is not an Albion fan and this is an Albion forum, but even so imagine you weren’t would you be comfortable raping and pillaging the club who gave you your first job in the PL

I know for a fact that I wouldn’t as I would feel a loyalty to the chairman who stuck with me through the bad times and I know I’d have affection for him and the club. I’d have a very guilty conscience if I did and that is a FACT

What do you think?

It’s a ‘no’ from me, particularly where a Ben Roberts is concerned. How does he know what the Chelsea goalkeeping coach is like. He could have gone with Billy & Bjorn, left Bruno and Ben (all the ‘B’s’ !) to steady the Albion ship and considered offering them jobs at a later stage once he has sussed out Chelsea. That would have been my approach.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They did it for the club. The team. The fans. Their employer for the last 10 years.

Not for me.

They probably did it for money and their love for football. It was their job. Now they're going to a new job where they get more money and probably better footballers to work with.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

IDGAF what you think of my integrity. Infact IDGAF what you think at all. If that helps.

I have my own set of standards I live by and stabbing my boss in the back by destroying his whole working structure doesn't include that. If it does yours, enjoy your life. Not for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's totally different. Hughton got sacked because he wasn't good enough.

Potter left with the entire coaching staff and left us in the shit.

Not even close.

Hughton hadn’t banked enough loyalty to be given another shot? If you want to play the loyalty card which you’re doing, then Hughton had to be given another season. Don’t try and play this out that it’s different. Paul Trollope and Nevin both lost their jobs too. You can’t apply loyalty when it suits you.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
IDGAF what you think of my integrity. Infact IDGAF what you think at all. If that helps.

I have my own set of standards I live by and stabbing my boss in the back by destroying his whole working structure doesn't include that. If it does yours, enjoy your life. Not for me.

We know. You're like Icy - never stab the boss in your back, but gladly your colleagues.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
No not out of pure altruism, of course he needs/wants their help. But it would have been pretty bad style not ask them if they wanted to tag along.

Yes, Ben was a part of the Brighton staff, and before that he was part of the Charlton staff, and before that he was in Yeovil, and now he's part of the Chelsea staff.

As for Bruno he was indeed in Brighton for years, and before that he was in Valencia, where he moved from Almeria. He also spent years in Lleida and Espanyol, and now he'll work for Chelsea.

:shrug:

Yes yes yes diversion tactics as always , of course they were at other clubs before us , but this was a long term project that they were a crucial part of and Potter knew that . For your belief to be accurate he would have had to have taken ALL of the coaching staff and their assistants , along with nutritionists and personal trainers , cooks and ancillaries . Wow they must feel so let down by him .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hughton hadn’t banked enough loyalty to be given another shot? If you want to play the loyalty card which you’re doing, then Hughton had to be given another season. Don’t try and play this out that it’s different. Paul Trollope and Nevin both lost their jobs too. You can’t apply loyalty when it suits you.

Indeed.

Some frankly laughable reasoning from this B-right-on individual.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I feel sick

da42626bb85417d5aa73b384030bcc02.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

None of them needed to say ‘yes’ though.

Personally, I hope they flop…….

boik

To be honest, I think that if GP was allowed to ask the players if they wanted to go with him an awful lot of them would have said yes. He's that well thought of by almost everyone. (or was!).

scooter1

How soon is now?
Me too, but does Bruno’s smile look a little forced?
Seeing that just char’s my heart.
Voted yes, simple choice. You want the best you can get, and those that you trust around you and that’s what he’s done.
As has been said, I think Potter will struggle with some of the egos he’ll have to manage, and this maybe where could come unstuck. If those egos don’t buy into his philosophy, then player power will kick in and I’ll pull up a chair…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here