If ryan giggs was english

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Ryan%20Wilson%20(Giggs)%20Nabisco%20Cup%20High%20Res.jpg

I believe this shirt has three lions on it.

Did you read my post?

He played for England schoolboys. He wasn't eligible to play for England at senior level even if he had wanted to. The rules have since changed however.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Did you read my post?

He played for England schoolboys. He wasn't eligible to play for England at senior level even if he had wanted to. The rules have since changed however.

That is right, the rules changed in 2009 that players with five years of education in a British country not of their birth may represent that country.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If Giggs had played for England, John Robinson would have played more for Wales and he was one of my early Albion heroes!

But in reference to the opening question, I think we would have had a better chance - particularly at Euro 96 as already mentioned - but would one player really have made enough difference?
:shrug:

green

Jul 7, 2009
Giggs in the 90's was often a headless chicken who was as erratic as any cliche'd winger. Cantona, keane, scholes, beckham etc were far more inflential in manu sucess during this period. As he has gotten older he has improved a hell of a lot as a player moving inside with a level of movement and touch rarely seen when he was in his twenties. He may have been around a long time, and England would probably have improved with his presence but scoring the odd wonder goal against Arsenal in a FA cup semi does not make him a world beater.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
McManaman never quite cut the mustard in an England shirt. Great player for 'pool though.

Real Madrid fans remember him very fondly too, which makes me question whether his lack of mustard-cutting prowess in an England shirt was actually his fault.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's only one of the best left wingers of all time! True legend of the game.

He is a very good club player, has never really shone in Europe for his country, there is zero evidence that he would have made a difference to England.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
We already have a squad full of players with dubious morals. We don't need to add King Weasel to it....

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Giggs in the 90's was often a headless chicken who was as erratic as any cliche'd winger. Cantona, keane, scholes, beckham etc were far more inflential in manu sucess during this period. As he has gotten older he has improved a hell of a lot as a player moving inside with a level of movement and touch rarely seen when he was in his twenties. He may have been around a long time, and England would probably have improved with his presence but scoring the odd wonder goal against Arsenal in a FA cup semi does not make him a world beater.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports