Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Potter had stayed he'd now be England manager

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rumours are that Chelsea and Todd are beginning to look at alternatives and Potter will only be given a few more games to turn it round.
There's a weird narrative going on around Chelski and how long they keep managers. It's as if no one has noticed that the other bloke has gone and the new bloke in charge has a history of keeping managers in his other sports teams for a very very long time indeed. This is a very different Chelsea now.

Is no one paying attention?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
After £20m paid out in compo I doubt that. Although once the fans turn…
The rumour is that Poch has stated that he would be interested if the job came available. So, if true, and it seems plausible, it will increase the pressure on Potter. I doubt Boehly will want to pull the trigger as he has stated that the appointment of Potter was for the long term, but a world class manager becoming available, some further poor results, and fan pressure may just push him to it.

The rumour is that Poch has stated that he would be interested if the job came available. So, if true, and it seems plausible, it will increase the pressure on Potter. I doubt Boehly will want to pull the trigger as he has stated that the appointment of Potter was for the long term, but a world class manager becoming available, some further poor results, and fan pressure may just push him to it.
Said before the break that Chelsea's next 2 Bournemouth and Forest are massive for Potter. Winning neither of them and can see the Chelsea fans turning completely toxic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Said before the break that Chelsea's next 2 Bournemouth and Forest are massive for Potter. Winning neither of them and can see the Chelsea fans turning completely toxic.
Loads are already….losing to Villa midweek spawned another ton of online angst. Twitter is full of #potterout and their forum is grim reading for him

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
From what I’ve seen the big names aren’t take any notice of his tactics they will see him out the door sooner or later.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There's a weird narrative going on around Chelski and how long they keep managers. It's as if no one has noticed that the other bloke has gone and the new bloke in charge has a history of keeping managers in his other sports teams for a very very long time indeed. This is a very different Chelsea now.

Is no one paying attention?
True, true .... and you've just played up to it by referring to them as Chelski! :) (Mind you, some people still think Rupert Murdoch owns Sky). As you say they are a completely different organisation now.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What do we want from an England manager? Elite man manager, English preferably and a decent tactician. Southgate is certainly 1 and 2 but is certainly not 3. Potter you could argue is all 3 but won't be our next manager if Southgate were to go, the FA won't cough 16 mill at this stage and I doubt Potter is interested either. He'd be a better fit and I'd certainly rather have him at club level.

Lets hope it's not Stevie G if Southgate does leave. Given the way the Villa players downed tools, he only fits category number 2. It's the biggest argument there is for keeping Southgate in post.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
True, true .... and you've just played up to it by referring to them as Chelski! :) (Mind you, some people still think Rupert Murdoch owns Sky). As you say they are a completely different organisation now.
Check my second spelling :wink:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Potter will make an awful England coach imo. He wont have anywhere near enough time with the players to coach them into how he wants to play and it will look like chaos on the pitch.
This, I've been saying it for ages. There is no way Potterball can be instilled in players in 10 training sessions every 2-3 months. It just wouldn't work.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Potter will make an awful England coach imo. He wont have anywhere near enough time with the players to coach them into how he wants to play and it will look like chaos on the pitch.
Agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here