Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Man Utd did to us what we're doing to Grimsby......

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Us and Man U are on a similar level and we've actually beaten Man U the last 2 times we've played them. Yes, Grimsby beat us the last time we played them, but that was 20 years ago and we're now 2 divisions higher and they're a division lower than that day. It think it's reasonable to be confident; it's up to the players to not be complacent and RDZ picking a strong team to make sure we don't arse this chance up.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
1677750739236.png

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Glad someone is concerned about the complacency among many of our supporters.

Regardless of their league position, Grimsby have done fantastically to get this far in the FA Cup, and won away against a Premier League team (albeit a crappy one) last night.

I find our gloating and premature jubilation rather arrogant and unpleasant

Obviously, I really want us to beat Grimsby, and I think we will, but please don't count our chickens too soon; pride comes before a fall.
Bollocks !

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think fans can be forgiven for a little bit of excitement because the draw gave us the lowest remaining team at home. We all watched it expecting ball 3 to come out after Man City were drawn at home straight from the off. Got to love the FA Cup, because either we're off to Wembley, or a team that sits in the lower half of the fourth tier is off to Wembley to possibly play one of the Manchester giants. We not only missed those two, but one of them got our current bogey team. It's hard not to dream. Meanwhile, Blackburn & Sheff Utd playing off for a spot means that there will be definitely be at least one non EPL team in the semis.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
we'd all be going mental. There is a reason that Grimsby are in the quarters, they beat an average EPL side. Lets give them a bit of credit and treat them with respect. None of this beating teams like Grimsby or booking hotels at Wembley or canceling holidays in June. We are playing a team who are 17th in the 4th tier and enjoying the greatest time of their lives traveling 100's of miles to watch their club. Don't wind them up with #teamslikeGrimsby or similar but welcome them with open arms, feed them with the best pies in the land, allow them to sup our local ales, clap when they wave their blow up fish-

And then stuff them 5:0
Agreed

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wembley? I've booked my hotel for next year's Europa League final (Dublin, BTW) to beat the rush.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’m sure there’s a few Albion fans like this, but the majority aren’t taking Grimsby for granted. There’s a reason they’re in the quarter finals.

So anyway I’ve booked my hotels for London already, anyone know any good pubs?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
We'd lose if GPott were manager but as it's RDZ we'll win a bazillion - nil...

...that is the correct narrative, no?
i’ll take your post seriously when you work out how many goals that is per second, and how many players we will need to be on the pitch to score them all in time

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I think fans can be forgiven for a little bit of excitement because the draw gave us the lowest remaining team at home.
My feelings entirely.

There's no need for us to be koi.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I wish people would stop "Carping" on about us beating teams like Grimsby and "Skating" into the next round.
We could quite easily "Flounder" against them and look like right "Prawns"
Yeah, if we are too complacent, they could put us right in our plaice and then we'll be left to dab our tears.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wish people would stop "Carping" on about us beating teams like Grimsby and "Skating" into the next round.
We could quite easily "Flounder" against them and look like right "Prawns"
There we have it. Fish puns for the next 17 days or so.

Bring it on.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
we'd all be going mental. There is a reason that Grimsby are in the quarters, they beat an average EPL side. Lets give them a bit of credit and treat them with respect. None of this beating teams like Grimsby or booking hotels at Wembley or canceling holidays in June. We are playing a team who are 17th in the 4th tier and enjoying the greatest time of their lives traveling 100's of miles to watch their club. Don't wind them up with #teamslikeGrimsby or similar but welcome them with open arms, feed them with the best pies in the land, allow them to sup our local ales, clap when they wave their blow up fish-

And then stuff them 5:0
Let's imagine a similar scenario from Grimsby's perspective. Last season they were in the National League allowing them to play in the FA Trophy. Imagine they were drawn in the semi-final against a team from three tiers below them (not even sure what that league is - Northern Premier?) - how do you think their fans would react? They'd be booking their MegaBus tickets to London in anticipation of the final.

It's the best possible draw for us and I have no problem with people forward planning.

PS - I'm on a language trip to Dublin the weekend of the semi-final and can't make Wembley :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here