Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If Man Utd did to us what we're doing to Grimsby......

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
we'd all be going mental. There is a reason that Grimsby are in the quarters, they beat an average EPL side. Lets give them a bit of credit and treat them with respect. None of this beating teams like Grimsby or booking hotels at Wembley or canceling holidays in June. We are playing a team who are 17th in the 4th tier and enjoying the greatest time of their lives traveling 100's of miles to watch their club. Don't wind them up with #teamslikeGrimsby or similar but welcome them with open arms, feed them with the best pies in the land, allow them to sup our local ales, clap when they wave their blow up fish-

And then stuff them 5:0

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Glad someone is concerned about the complacency among many of our supporters.

Regardless of their league position, Grimsby have done fantastically to get this far in the FA Cup, and won away against a Premier League team (albeit a crappy one) last night.

I find our gloating and premature jubilation rather arrogant and unpleasant

Obviously, I really want us to beat Grimsby, and I think we will, but please don't count our chickens too soon; pride comes before a fall.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The good news is it doesn't matter one jot what any Albion fan thinks, says or does ahead of the Grimsby game - it will have literally no impact on the outcome.

People can try to tempt fate all they like - fate isn't watching, listening and can't be tempted. Ever.

The only thing that matters is the approach of the team and coaching staff to the fixture. There's a lot of young men who will be representing us who have never played at Wembley before and will be willing to bust a gut to get there. Collectively that have the technical ability to give themselves a very high chance of success, but "very high" isn't guaranteed, which is why we al love football.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I think it's a fantastic story. Let's face it we have been at their level and I imagine they are absolutely buzzing today. Personally I am taking nothing for granted, but at the same time I do think we are slight favourites. We are also enjoying the greatest time of our lives as Albion fans and we should enjoy it.

Hope the Grimsby fans that come down have a great time in our wonderful city and that its a great game and Grimsby give a really good account of themselves, but ultimately come up short. But then I would say that.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
In fairness, we are closer in ability to Man United than Grimsby are to us. They have done brilliantly to get this far but we should win comfortably. Of course, Saints will have said the same but they are a bit of a basket case at present and we definitely are not.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In fairness, we are closer in ability to Man United than Grimsby are to us. They have done brilliantly to get this far but we should win comfortably. Of course, Saints will have said the same but they are a bit of a basket case at present and we definitely are not.
Saints didn't want to be there last night, battling for their lives.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
we'd all be going mental. There is a reason that Grimsby are in the quarters, they beat an average EPL side. Lets give them a bit of credit and treat them with respect. None of this beating teams like Grimsby or booking hotels at Wembley or canceling holidays in June. We are playing a team who are 17th in the 4th tier and enjoying the greatest time of their lives traveling 100's of miles to watch their club. Don't wind them up with #teamslikeGrimsby or similar but welcome them with open arms, feed them with the best pies in the land, allow them to sup our local ales, clap when they wave their blow up fish-

And then stuff them 5:0
Just booked my Wembley Hotel

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The good news is it doesn't matter one jot what any Albion fan thinks, says or does ahead of the Grimsby game - it will have literally no impact on the outcome.

People can try to tempt fate all they like - fate isn't watching, listening and can't be tempted. Ever.

The only thing that matters is the approach of the team and coaching staff to the fixture. There's a lot of young men who will be representing us who have never played at Wembley before and will be willing to bust a gut to get there. Collectively that have the technical ability to give themselves a very high chance of success, but "very high" isn't guaranteed, which is why we al love football.
Look, you can try and spin it all you want. We all know you're the reason Charlton beat us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'd lose if GPott were manager but as it's RDZ we'll win a bazillion - nil...

...that is the correct narrative, no?

tronnogull

May 17, 2010

The only thing that matters is the approach of the team and coaching staff to the fixture. There's a lot of young men who will be representing us who have never played at Wembley before and will be willing to bust a gut to get there. Collectively that have the technical ability to give themselves a very high chance of success, but "very high" isn't guaranteed, which is why we al love footbal

You've jinxed us for sure now......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here