Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ideas for Todd Boehly to monetise football a bit more?

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Retired footballers left on an island in the South Pacific to survive till one is left.

Given these programs always need a twist, contestant can choose any items to take with them from the Chelsea soccer store.

Pre production title, And then there was One.

My money is on Souness.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Remove promotion and relegation + remove teams such as Brentford, Brighton, Bournemouth, Southampton etc and put BIG teams such as Portsmouth blah blah etc in the prem

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Retired footballers left on an island in the South Pacific to survive till one is left.

Given these programs always need a twist, contestant can choose any items to take with them from the Chelsea soccer store.

Pre production title, And then there was One.

Think Newcastle are already doing that, aren’t they?

Working title: Hawaii The Lads

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Paddy power suggested some time ago…multiball for periods in the game

No draws

All games if drawing end in penalties

Home teams don’t get a point if they draw at home ( I actually like that idea)

Beer in your seats

Hot dog vendors wandering around the seats during the game.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Giving he’s been in soccer about a month and Todd can smell the money already, how about we make some suggestions for increasing revenues at Chelsea.

Cracking opener by Todd, North v South game; I’m sure a bright fellow like Todd will have already thought of East vs West as a natural progression.

What about a middle mens clothes range designed Potter called Potter by Chelsea.

Sponsored corner flags.

Soccer ball that deflates so you can put it in a bag.

Go Chelsea
Go Chelsea
Go Chelsea Go...
Go Chelsea Go fvck yourselves......... :lolol:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have listened to the whole interview. Whilst Chelsea is his priority at the moment it is clear only a small part of his empire. It is all about money. It is not Chelsea as a football club that attracted him but fact they are a global brand. Previous manager went because did not go along with his vision and sorry to say Potter there as a yes man. Certainly Liverpool or City manager were available would not work for him. His reason for relegation playoff suggestion was because they would be high profile and earn more money.
American sport completely different. Spectators go expecting a spectacular event where in UK 90% go to support team good or bad 0-0 or 5-0 I have watched Am Football and basketball in America. Of course some good about them but no such thing as a poor atmosphere because girls walking round with boards telling you when to cheer.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He even mentioned how few goals there are compared to touch downs so would not be surprised if his next suggestion is bigger goals

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Maybe the North v South can be branded as Soccer-ball Sunday (add Roman numerals increasing year on year), Beyonce or Mariah Carey to screech out a rendition of the American national anthem while a B-52 flies over accompanied by several P-51 Mustangs, split the game of Soccer-ball into quarters and stretch it out to last several hours, using the breaks in play to shoot some t-shirts into the crowd which have Potter on them cunningly disguised as uncle Sam with the slogan "Chelsea needs you"
Let's play some footbaaaaaaalllllll.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Immediately stop calling it football. It must be renamed soccer. Divide each match into !8 x 5 minute plays. With a 15 minute break in-between each play, for adverts and details of match sponsors.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Teams with American owners permitted to transfer a maximum of 5 home games to North America.
£30 away ticket replaced with a minimum ticket price of £100 (home and away seats)
National Anthem sung before each game by a well known celebrity.
If the ball goes into the crowd, whoever catches it, can keep it,
Before each game one lucky ticket holder is selected to seat on the home team bench. (Ticket for this lottery in addition to match ticket).
All PL clubs given tax breaks by either Government or Local Government to build new stadiums (minimum capacity 80,000). No restrictions on new stadiums being close to old ground.
To save on currency changes, all tickets and purchases in and around ground to be in USD.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Force the fans to hold up placards with adverts in the stands during the games

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is how he persuaded Graham Potter to come to Chelsea

Boehly “Whooaa, it’s Todd here, great to meet you Gordon, you’re awesome, I’ve heard so much about what you’ve achieved at Bournemouth, fancy a Bud?

”Potter ”It’s Graham, not Gordon, and the club is Brighton. Just a cup of tea for me please”

TB “ Details shmetails dude. Want some Jack Daniels in that tea? So where is it you come from, tell me your back story Gary?”

GP “Well I was born in Birmingham...”

TB "That's cotton picking superb, super cool Gavin, I didn’t know you were an Alabama good old boy. Great to meet a Confederate. (whispers quietly) You a member of the Klan? Not my scene either buddy, but we found an imperial wizard outfit down at Cobham recently, has the number 26 on the back of it for some reason, no idea why. I’m sure you could borrow it”

GP “Err…it’s Birmingham, England, and I have no time for the Klan”

TB “Fair enough, never knew that England was part of Alabama, but geometry wasn’t my major subject at college. So tell me about your football philosophy Gabriel”

GP “I believe in developing the individual physically and emotionally, encouraging risk taking and decision making, and the concept of the team as a collective allowing the player to maximise their potential within a framework, with a fluid tactical structure that moves from 3-5-2 to 3-1-4-2 to 3-4-2-1 as and when necessary”

TB “Way to go bro, but there’s 11 players in a team, so leave the numbers to me, how about 3-5-3 instead as a start point?”

GP “Well actually the goalkeeper is excluded from the formation, so it is the ten outfield players that count”

TB “Awesome, I’m learning more and more about this soccer franchise game every day. Our goal tender at Chelsea is, like, totally bad, do you have a good one at Brechin? What’s he called?

GP” Sanchez”

TB “ Sanchez! I love Mexicans, let’s sign him as soon as possible. Is there any chance you could release him from training each Wednesday to clean my pool by any chance?”

GP “He’s from Spain”

TB “Is that in North or South Mexico? We can perhaps play a Mexican team in a pre-season game. You been to the US much?”

GP “Not often, I have worked exclusively in Scandinavia and the UK”

TB “Not a problem Graydon, we have 99% of the same language, and I can introduce you to American traditions such as frat parties, clam bakes, baby showers and high school massacres. By the way Potter, can you get my kids, Todd Junior and Todette, free tickets for the Hogwarts Tour?”

GP “I’m nothing to do with Harry Potter, it’s fiction, a bit like Donald Trump’s tax returns”

TB “We’ve just signed a load of players, but if you don’t like them I will just trade them with other franchise owners like I do with the Lakers”

GP “It’s not as easy with football, the players have to agree to the transfer too”

TB “Jesus H Christ, you mean that players have rights, that is just super wrong Grant. So do you want to be the coach of Chelsea football club?”

GP “Well I’m starting to have some doubts, not sure our emotional intelligence is aligned”

TB “How does a £60 million contract sound?"

GP "Where do I sign? God Bless America, let’s go you muthaf..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How about fans across the globe can call a premium phone line to vote on which 20 clubs they want in the Premier League. All calls cost £2.50, you can vote as many times as you like and once the lines are closed the top 20 are IN for eternity, while relegation and promotion are abolished.

No other sides outside England and Wales will be eligible apart from Rangers, Celtic and Chelsea's sister club the Dublin Shamrocks.

The billions of cash raised will be evenly split between the 20 survivors and they will be able to spend it only on summer transfer deadline day (thus fuxking over as many non-Prem leagues as possible). This day of activity will be accessible only by pay per view.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
This is how he persuaded Graham Potter to come to Chelsea

Boehly “Whooaa, it’s Todd here, great to meet you Gordon, you’re awesome, I’ve heard so much about what you’ve achieved at Bournemouth, fancy a Bud?

”Potter ”It’s Graham, not Gordon, and the club is Brighton. Just a cup of tea for me please”

TB “ Details shmetails dude. Want some Jack Daniels in that tea? So where is it you come from, tell me your back story Gary?”

GP “Well I was born in Birmingham...”

TB "That's cotton picking superb, super cool Gavin, I didn’t know you were an Alabama good old boy. Great to meet a Confederate. (whispers quietly) You a member of the Klan? Not my scene either buddy, but we found an imperial wizard outfit down at Cobham recently, has the number 26 on the back of it for some reason, no idea why. I’m sure you could borrow it”

GP “Err…it’s Birmingham, England, and I have no time for the Klan”

TB “Fair enough, never knew that England was part of Alabama, but geometry wasn’t my major subject at college. So tell me about your football philosophy Gabriel”

GP “I believe in developing the individual physically and emotionally, encouraging risk taking and decision making, and the concept of the team as a collective allowing the player to maximise their potential within a framework, with a fluid tactical structure that moves from 3-5-2 to 3-1-4-2 to 3-4-2-1 as and when necessary”

TB “Way to go bro, but there’s 11 players in a team, so leave the numbers to me, how about 3-5-3 instead as a start point?”

GP “Well actually the goalkeeper is excluded from the formation, so it is the ten outfield players that count”

TB “Awesome, I’m learning more and more about this soccer franchise game every day. Our goal tender at Chelsea is, like, totally bad, do you have a good one at Brechin? What’s he called?

GP” Sanchez”

TB “ Sanchez! I love Mexicans, let’s sign him as soon as possible. Is there any chance you could release him from training each Wednesday to clean my pool by any chance?”

GP “He’s from Spain”

TB “Is that in North or South Mexico? We can perhaps play a Mexican team in a pre-season game. You been to the US much?”

GP “Not often, I have worked exclusively in Scandinavia and the UK”

TB “Not a problem Graydon, we have 99% of the same language, and I can introduce you to American traditions such as frat parties, clam bakes, baby showers and high school massacres. By the way Potter, can you get my kids, Todd Junior and Todette, free tickets for the Hogwarts Tour?”

GP “I’m nothing to do with Harry Potter, it’s fiction, a bit like Donald Trump’s tax returns”

TB “We’ve just signed a load of players, but if you don’t like them I will just trade them with other franchise owners like I do with the Lakers”

GP “It’s not as easy with football, the players have to agree to the transfer too”

TB “Jesus H Christ, you mean that players have rights, that is just super wrong Grant. So do you want to be the coach of Chelsea football club?”

GP “Well I’m starting to have some doubts, not sure our emotional intelligence is aligned”

TB “How does a £60 million contract sound?"

GP "Where do I sign? God Bless America, let’s go you muthaf..

That is quite possibly the greatest NSC post ever.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The team finishing bottom of the league (no relegation of course) get the first pick of the player they want from all the PL academies (or from South America etc), and so on, working our way up the league. Oh, actually, that's a key thing that i like from the NFL!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here