Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ideas for Todd Boehly to monetise football a bit more?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Giving he’s been in soccer about a month and Todd can smell the money already, how about we make some suggestions for increasing revenues at Chelsea.

Cracking opener by Todd, North v South game; I’m sure a bright fellow like Todd will have already thought of East vs West as a natural progression.

What about a middle mens clothes range designed Potter called Potter by Chelsea.

Sponsored corner flags.

Soccer ball that deflates so you can put it in a bag.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Cheerleaders doing all their pom-pom stuff

Kissing on the big screen thing they do at games

Rename EFL to ESL (Soccer) and get Football rebranded to Soccer

Scrap relegation and promotion

Have the 'World Series' but only British teams allowed

Scrap the FPP officially.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Given the global reach of the league they could have fans give real-time feedback via premium rate text messaging, enabling sentiment analysis to help drive managerial decisions. Not only does it keep the manager safe ("we did what the fans wanted and brought on a defender for the last 10 minutes...not my fault it went wrong...") but it could also generate enormous income as the armchair fans around the world finally get the chance to influence what's happening in the stadium. Man United apparently have around 64 million people around the world watching every game that I'm sure could be rinsed for more money.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Retired footballers left on an island in the South Pacific to survive till one is left.

Given these programs always need a twist, contestant can choose any items to take with them from the Chelsea soccer store.

Pre production title, And then there was One.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Split the game into quarters and have three times as much ad breaks $£€.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Special Teams.

Say you concede free kick on the edge of your penalty area.

Bring on your FK Special Teams Unit – a group of towering giants who make Dan Burn look like a midget, and who can form the ultimate defensive wall.

Free kick over, off they trot.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The most sensible thing I can post is...................My hovercraft is full of eels

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
A night with the Stars; footballers who’ve passed away are contacted by American psychics, $100 a conversation live on Chelsea Tv.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Fan tokens available to buy for fans that are watching on TV.

Every time a given number of tokens are sold, an extra ball is added to the field of play - it comes out of a machine (like the lottery) that randomly selects the ball from a set of 50 balls. However...

...one of the balls in the machine is a golden ball. Goals scored with the golden ball count double.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10388666 said:
But that does actually sound like must watch TV!

To be fair I’d watch that but getting Matt LeTissier would be a must!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
introduce larger goals, with extended bars protruding above the cross bar, by maybe 10ft, slightly change the shape of the ball to a sort of egg shape, then introduce players being able to throw the ball, actually putting much more emphasise on that, then maybe break the game in quarters, would that work ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here