Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
But at no point does it make it compulsory to show my vaccination status or ID

Pretty sure the club reserve the right to amend the rules of entry whenever they want

Sensible to get the protocols in place before it becomes mandatory

Guess we'll all have to be patient and understand, and allow a bit more time, whilst everyone adapts to the new system

A small price to pay for helping keep everyone safe from C-19 (and complying with mantaory Gov reqs)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Lots of moaning on here.

Those that aren't double jabbed who I sympathise with but if inclined have a fair bit of time to do something about it.
Those moaning about having to bring/show ID. Most will have had ID with them previously. I have no idea why someone is bothered about identifying themselves.
Those that are bothered about it being a shambles. Lets see how it goes before we pass judgement.

Its got to be better than watching on the box with empty stadiums is all Im thinking.

I can't see a problem with the new rules. I don't sympathise with anyone who isn't double jabbed. They should be (imho). But since it's 8 weeks between jabs, they ain't going to the Amex any time soon if they are making a stand and haven't had the first jab yet.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Exactly!

How on earth did someone sign up to renew or buy a new ST in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic following pretty much no crowds through 20/21 season with restrictions everywhere, with T&Cs clearly in the ST package, thinking you were going to start the 21/22 season without needing ID and other proof of vaccination or negative tests? Did people honestly think they were just going to walk in in August!? :shrug:

This.

Also, take a step back and think about how to make watching football in large crowds (what we all want) as safe as possible

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Exactly!

How on earth did someone sign up to renew or buy a new ST in the middle of an unprecedented pandemic following pretty much no crowds through 20/21 season with restrictions everywhere, with T&Cs clearly in the ST package, thinking you were going to start the 21/22 season without needing ID and other proof of vaccination or negative tests? Did people honestly think they were just going to walk in in August!? :shrug:

i renewed like many without really knowing if we would be able to attend due to capacity restrictions, behind closed doors matches etc. The current scenario is a pleasant outcome.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I can't see a problem with the new rules. I don't sympathise with anyone who isn't double jabbed. They should be (imho). But since it's 8 weeks between jabs, they ain't going to the Amex any time soon if they are making a stand and haven't had the first jab yet.

Vaccination isn't the only route either, you can provide proof of a negative lateral flow test which you can do at home and pick up from your local chemist or supermarket.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
When you signed up to your ST for 21/22, you did so under the following condition, noting condition 2.2.3 which is pretty clear covers them for rules they wish to apply in regard to Covid:

2.2. A Season Ticket permits you to occupy at the Match the seat indicated on the Season Ticket or such other alternative seat of equivalent value as the Club may, from time to time, allocate to you at its reasonable discretion. For example (and without limitation), the Club reserves the right to temporarily allocate a Season Ticket Holder an alternative seat in the Stadium:

2.2.1. for operational reasons;
2.2.2. because the relocation is necessary to comply with the requirements of any Football Authority Rules and Regulations;
2.2.3. to ensure social distancing can be maintained in accordance with Government and/or Football Authority guidelines or to comply with any other measures required to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19 or any other infectious disease; or
2.2.4. if the Club and/or the Police consider the relocation is necessary in the interest of public safety.

I don't read this the same as you do.

2.2 is about your seat which your ST is allocated to, and then the sub sections below are reasons as to why the club may move you from your ST seat.
So 2.2.3 is only a reason why you may find yourself in a different seat to your normal seat, it has nothing to do with gaining entry to the ground.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Mate, what is it with you and saying I’m trying to ‘game the system’ with my ‘general opposition’?! I was just pointing out the floors, which are hardly rocket science. I’m double jabbed. I’ve explained my reasoning behind why I think LFTs will continue in other posts.

To be honest, I reckon the club will just refund anyone that has a real issue with this. The loss of £500 revenue is a drop in the ocean and not worth the hassle, particular as the seat will probably be filled on general sale for many games anyway. I also suspect that it could be a case of calling the bluff of someone that wouldn't really want to give up the seat that they've sat in for the last few years, not to mention the loyalty points accumulated for consecutive seasons.

Edit: not sure how I managed that, but it was supposed to be a reply to [MENTION=33881]KeegansHairPiece[/MENTION] !

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I didn’t say you were trying to game the system. Think you have misunderstood something I wrote in reply to someone else. My question to you was genuine curiosity. No worries.

Fair enough, but you did point to my general opposition to the measures! Just don’t think they do anything of use, is all.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Vaccination isn't the only route either, you can provide proof of a negative lateral flow test which you can do at home and pick up from your local chemist or supermarket.

For the moment.

A week or so ago, the govt was stating that only 2 jabbed individuals would be allowed into sporting events and said that negative tests would not be taken into consideration. So lft may only be a solution until October 1st.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
For the moment.

A week or so ago, the govt was stating that only 2 jabbed individuals would be allowed into sporting events and said that negative tests would not be taken into consideration. So lft may only be a solution until October 1st.

But it’s just a policy proposal. They need Parliament for it to be law.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

True, but flip-flopping aside, it showed the current intent. Starmer wants both options available. Although the lft option seems sensible enough, the govt may not like to be seen as though they are back-tracking along with the labour leader's wishes.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
To be honest, I reckon the club will just refund anyone that has a real issue with this. The loss of £500 revenue is a drop in the ocean and not worth the hassle, particular as the seat will probably be filled on general sale for many games anyway. I also suspect that it could be a case of calling the bluff of someone that wouldn't really want to give up the seat that they've sat in for the last few years, not to mention the loyalty points accumulated for consecutive seasons.

Edit: not sure how I managed that, but it was supposed to be a reply to [MENTION=33881]KeegansHairPiece[/MENTION] !

Yeah of course, absolutely up to the club - I’m just surprised anyone is surprised there’s going to be ID requirements and restrictions in place; biggest shock for me is we’re potentially starting the season with a full ground.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

When I get a reply I'll let you know.

You are totally correct it is an issue losing my seat and loyalty points.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

it now appears that the government will encourage businesses and events to use Covid passports in high-risk settings but will not require it. Thats not a law. However, very much sounds like PL clubs will be 'encouraged' to do so.

Imagine of they didn't, uproar amongst the population should we see a spike!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
But at no point does it make it compulsory to show my vaccination status or ID

Actually, it's part of the terms of entry.

10.1. Without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, the Club shall have the right in the case of any serious or persistent breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry (or reasonable grounds to believe there has been a serious or persistent breach) to cancel and withdraw your Season Ticket and to eject you from the Ground. Without prejudice to the general nature of the above the following non-exhaustive list of actions shall constitute a serious breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry:

10.1.20. any breach of the COVID-19 Spectator Code of Conduct (when in use from time to time);

----

By purchasing a Match ticket, you are agreeing to comply with this COVID-19 Spectator Code of Conduct (this "Code of Conduct"). By not complying you are jeopardising public health and the health of fellow spectators and Club staff as well as jeopardising the reputation of the Club and Visiting Club and the sport of football.

However, it is impossible for the Club to completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, if you are not willing to comply with this Code of Conduct or, based on your own health status and susceptibility to infection and that of those in your family and/or household bubble, you feel uncomfortable with the risk, you should not attend a Match.

7. You must be the named supporter on your ticket for the Match and be able to confirm this with acceptable photo ID on request. If you are unable to provide an acceptable photo ID, you will not be permitted entry into the Stadium.

In short, the club are a private entity, they set the rules on entry and if you don't follow them you aren't allowed in. They reserve the right to change the terms of entry especially in regards to any Covid protocols.

Also, it really isn't compulsory to show your vaccination status - you can get a free lateral flow test and show that.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
True, but flip-flopping aside, it showed the current intent. Starmer wants both options available. Although the lft option seems sensible enough, the govt may not like to be seen as though they are back-tracking along with the labour leader's wishes.

Yeah, but whether they want to be seen to be back-tracking or not, they don’t have the majority on this one so they’ll have to IMO!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Remember no high fives, hugging or hand shakes….not sure why the club have put that in their ‘guidance’ for the game….concourse screens showing further guidance ..and tannoy announcements …I’m going to football for a bit of escapism :moo:

Ps grateful that we are back to ‘full’ capacity..loading my ticket onto my smartphone and taking a DL …along with a LFT ..I can kinda agree/accept
Pps looking forward to seeing/hearing the people I sit with for the first time in eighteen months

Last edited:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I don't read this the same as you do.

2.2 is about your seat which your ST is allocated to, and then the sub sections below are reasons as to why the club may move you from your ST seat.
So 2.2.3 is only a reason why you may find yourself in a different seat to your normal seat, it has nothing to do with gaining entry to the ground.

You might be right, but Section 2 is Admission to the Ground. 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc. are all part of the Terms & Conditions of Entry. However reading it again, yes the bit I've quoted does look like it is applied to moving your seat rather than entry. :thumbsup:

I see [MENTION=35332]Beanstalk[/MENTION] expands on this above post #502.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A lot more people most live really easy and uncomplicated lives than I realised if they find pressing a few buttons on a phone and carrying ID on them a complicated and an arduous burden.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fair enough, but you did point to my general opposition to the measures! Just don’t think they do anything of use, is all.

But they do....because the vast majority will comply with them and not try to selfishly game the system. Compare with, say, drink driving laws or speed limits.......they don't prevent drunk driving or speeding happening, but the majority don't abuse them or find ways round them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here