Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
:thumbsup:

I liked how simple it was for the Covid Pass at the touch of a button straight into my wallet next to my ST. :)

Yes. It's almost like the club have tried their hardest to make a bad situation as easy as possible for people who are prepared to make a little effort to meet them halfway on getting crowds back in the stadium.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Yes. It's almost like the club have tried their hardest to make a bad situation as easy as possible for people who are prepared to make a little effort to meet them halfway on getting crowds back in the stadium.

depart train
scratch left testicle
approach stadium perimeter
produce covid pass on phone, produce ID from wallet
enter inner perimeter
scratch right testicle
have a beer a harvey's van
enjoy a chat with mates
approach turnstyle
scratch left testicle
produce ST from phone wallet
enter stadium

Realise I left 8 year old son on train!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Completely agree, bit like the initial resistance to 20mph speed limits. Sure, people are going over 20, but rarely over 30. When they were 30, people would push 35 - 40mph. 20mph speed limits have proven to make our residential roads safer. Not everyone obeys of course, but the majority do, even if they do 25mph, it's a safer environment.

Don’t think the comparison works. Breaking the speed limit comes with guaranteed personal consequences if caught. Scanning a QR code and self reporting has zero consequence to the person involved. Hopefully you’re right.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Whilst I don't disagree with your point that there are people with whom photo ID is a foreign concept and they should not be punished as such, I am sure the club would work to find a solution with that individual. Might even be as simple as they get a club produced lanyard with their name and face on. The club are absolutely not going to turn people away if they genuinely are unable to provide the things needed as part of the terms of entry. They will instead find a working solution, rather than bin the rule.

Well yes. A photo pass /card with my Dads name/face on it - is on its way in the post (my Dad is 84 and doesn’t have a smartphone or passport/driving licence). Club had a scheme to fix this running through summer for phone resistant ST holders. Took me 10 minutes to sort out for him. Club were happy to do it. Used his bus pass as ID. Took a new pic of him with my phone and emailed scans of em to the club.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I thought the email just said 'No more parking in Bennets Field, 1901's will be moved under further advice and Matchday Parking only for the rest of us. Was that not clear or did I miss something?

So we have to buy a parking ticket for every match?

Parking season tickets now stopped?

Where does it actually say this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have paid for 2 season tickets, the Terms and Conditions have clearly changed, so I would like my money back.

They held my money over from last season.
I'm still a supporter but have no interest in going whilst this is going on.

Complete garbage, you decided not to request a refund that was available, you had a choice

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have paid for 2 season tickets, the Terms and Conditions have clearly changed, so I would like my money back.

They held my money over from last season.
I'm still a supporter but have no interest in going whilst this is going on.

:mad:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I know a couple of people were interested in my request for a refund.
Unsurprisingly it has been turned down.

Here is the reply, I have covered any personal details;

Please read the advice on our web page which also details the type of covid 19 status certification evidence that can be shown:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ice-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

You do not need to wear a mask in your seat and nor do you need to show us any medical information, you can do a negative test if you do not wish to show us vaccination confirmation.

In light of the above and that this was detailed in our terms and conditions as a likely requirement we are not able to offer you a refund.

Kind regards

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I know a couple of people were interested in my request for a refund.
Unsurprisingly it has been turned down.

Here is the reply, I have covered any personal details;

Please read the advice on our web page which also details the type of covid 19 status certification evidence that can be shown:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ice-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

You do not need to wear a mask in your seat and nor do you need to show us any medical information, you can do a negative test if you do not wish to show us vaccination confirmation.

In light of the above and that this was detailed in our terms and conditions as a likely requirement we are not able to offer you a refund.

Kind regards

When did you send an email?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well yes. A photo pass /card with my Dads name/face on it - is on its way in the post (my Dad is 84 and doesn’t have a smartphone or passport/driving licence). Club had a scheme to fix this running through summer for phone resistant ST holders. Took me 10 minutes to sort out for him. Club were happy to do it. Used his bus pass as ID. Took a new pic of him with my phone and emailed scans of em to the club.

Did you pop in to do all this…only one of my customers is in the same boat…rang on Monday/Tuesday and queues ..so took the option of the club to ring them…nothing by 5pm today

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Did you pop in to do all this…only one of my customers is in the same boat…rang on Monday/Tuesday and queues ..so took the option of the club to ring them…nothing by 5pm today

I did it all online/text chat/email. The deadline though for applying for the alternative ticket (to guarantee for Watford) was August 1st. Sure it’s still possible but they might not guarantee turn around.

Yoda

English & European
Those moaning about having to bring/show ID. Most will have had ID with them previously. I have no idea why someone is bothered about identifying themselves.

I would like to join them. The only Photo ID I own is a passport that expired at the start of the Covid outbreak. Was no point in renewing at the time as it was clear international travel was going to off the radar for the foreseeable future (would rather wait until restrictions are lifted where I would like to go as well before I start travelling abroad again). I also don't drive. I just hope the club, when looking at my passport, will accept it.

Would they accept my NHS ID (considering I've already had to prove who I am to obtain it)?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I did it all online/text chat/email. The deadline though for applying for the alternative ticket (to guarantee for Watford) was August 1st. Sure it’s still possible but they might not guarantee turn around.

Thanks….the lady doesn’t have access to internet….I think it’s best she goes in…least that way the problem can be resolved …even if not for the Watford game

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I would like to join them. The only Photo ID I own is a passport that expired at the start of the Covid outbreak. Was no point in renewing at the time as it was clear international travel was going to off the radar for the foreseeable future (would rather wait until restrictions are lifted where I would like to go as well before I start travelling abroad again). I also don't drive. I just hope the club, when looking at my passport, will accept it.

Should do shouldn’t they - it’s not like your crossing borders so an out of date passport still confirms your identity. Let’s be realistic they should be just checking name and photo, all other detail should be irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here