Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pretty certain the Government will concede on the no jab no entry position and allow for LFTs too from October.

To be fair, given 90%+ of adults in the Amex will have been jabbed and the majority of your visit is outdoors there’s really not that much risk in the stadium. Was just pointing out the measures won’t actually do anything to improve that given how easy they are to get around!

Sensible to road test it at Getafe, but can still see a delayed kick off for Watford..

But you have just been arguing that the LFT is pointless. You are right and the logical consequence is only allowing entry to those that have been double jabbed. Now you are changing tack and saying they will continue to allow LFT. Odd.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Pretty certain the Government will concede on the no jab no entry position and allow for LFTs too from October.

I'm not so sure. Why would they?

These days, Governments are big fans of using 'nudge theory' where possible. (ie - 5p/10p charge on plastic bags to discourage usage rather than legislating against them entirely).

The Government have been offering classic 'nudge' inducements including discounts on delivered food and Uber cabs to encourage as yet unvaccinated people to get vaccinated. I reckon they see the ability to attend live PL football as another significant lever they can pull so don't see why they would willingly abandon this tactic. But of course, who knows?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
They really won't as they are using events such as PL football as a golden carrot to get more people vaccinated.

Events such as PL football have been highlighted as super spreader events.

As you point out LFT's are easy to get around so why put them into policy?

The government wont, and therefore from October only double jabbed folks will gain entry as widely expected.

You don't know this. This has not been passed in Parliament.
I don't understand why the club are implementing this policy when they don't have to by law.

If it's just because they think its the correct thing to do, 'their club, their rules' that's fine, as long as they refund my season tickets

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would have thought that things could be made more smooth flowing if STH only had to provide proof to the club ONCE of their double-jabbed status, maybe by forwarding email generated from the NHS app or something. It's not like you can suddenly become un-double-jabbed

This is quite a good idea. There might be problems with the club storing that data though. Also - the NHS app shows your Covid status rather than just your jab record, this could be a factor.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I don't understand why the club are implementing this policy when they don't have to by law.

If it's just because they think its the correct thing to do, 'their club, their rules' that's fine, as long as they refund my season tickets

All the signs are pointing that way from whats coming out of west minster. The Premier League are also asking clubs to be ready.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I'm not so sure. Why would they?

These days, Governments are big fans of using 'nudge theory' where possible. (ie - 5p/10p charge on plastic bags to discourage usage rather than legislating against them entirely).

The Government have been offering classic 'nudge' inducements including discounts on delivered food and Uber cabs to encourage as yet unvaccinated people to get vaccinated. I reckon they see the ability to attend live PL football as another significant lever they can pull so don't see why they would willingly abandon this tactic. But of course, who knows?

Nightclubs being the big lever they want to pull on the 18-25 take up.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You mentioned this the other day. Have you asked them for a refund ?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
This is quite a good idea. There might be problems with the club storing that data though. Also - the NHS app shows your Covid status rather than just your jab record, this could be a factor.

The letter you can get off the website shows which jabs received and when

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

They might, as a gesture of goodwill but I imagine they are under no obligation to do so.

There will be something in legal stuff that says the club reserves the right to amend conditions of entry and you will have ticked a box saying you accept the Ts&Cs. Will be interesting to hear what response you get, if you are willing to share it.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
But you have just been arguing that the LFT is pointless. You are right and the logical consequence is only allowing entry to those that have been double jabbed. Now you are changing tack and saying they will continue to allow LFT. Odd.

I’m not arguing for anything, just pointing out the obvious flaws in the system, which I think will continue to be in place from October.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Is this asking to cancel your ST or just get a refund for x matches?

I have paid for 2 season tickets, the Terms and Conditions have clearly changed, so I would like my money back.

They held my money over from last season.
I'm still a supporter but have no interest in going whilst this is going on.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

When you signed up to your ST for 21/22, you did so under the following condition, noting condition 2.2.3 which is pretty clear covers them for rules they wish to apply in regard to Covid:

2.2. A Season Ticket permits you to occupy at the Match the seat indicated on the Season Ticket or such other alternative seat of equivalent value as the Club may, from time to time, allocate to you at its reasonable discretion. For example (and without limitation), the Club reserves the right to temporarily allocate a Season Ticket Holder an alternative seat in the Stadium:

2.2.1. for operational reasons;
2.2.2. because the relocation is necessary to comply with the requirements of any Football Authority Rules and Regulations;
2.2.3. to ensure social distancing can be maintained in accordance with Government and/or Football Authority guidelines or to comply with any other measures required to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19 or any other infectious disease; or
2.2.4. if the Club and/or the Police consider the relocation is necessary in the interest of public safety.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I suppose the club are just going to have to reluctantly write off that particular revenue stream. Not sure if the Amex is going to be the same without Jay White’s friend though.

Jay White's friend hasn't been to a game since the Goldstone. Do keep up, he's never been to the Amex!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here