• Both

Votes: 195 73.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 17 6.4%

• Total voters

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Arsenal will sell 4500 in a heartbeat, they get 60000 at the Emirates and a jaunt to a new ground at the seaside would appeal to all their season ticket holders. Can't see many tickets being on general sale if it is Arsenal

Arsenal would sell 15,000 plus if we gave them it. Hour on the train and like you say, new ground, great resort. I'd even put money they'd fill our stadium if given the chance.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Please can you explain this? You would be happy to pay "full price" for a game against a team currently sitting 6th in the Premiership who are very likely (on recent history) to field their reserve team, but you expect a reduction to watch a game against a team currently sitting 9th, just 3 places lower, in the Premiership?

Honestly, just what the f*** are some people on?

Arsenal: one of the 'biggest' clubs in the world. Many times winner of top league, numerous domestic cups, European honours. Steeped in history.

Swansea: a small town club in Wales. Have they won anything apart from the Welsh cup?

Surely you don't need that explained. :rolleyes:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Please can you explain this? You would be happy to pay "full price" for a game against a team currently sitting 6th in the Premiership who are very likely (on recent history) to field their reserve team, but you expect a reduction to watch a game against a team currently sitting 9th, just 3 places lower, in the Premiership?

Honestly, just what the f*** are some people on?

Exactly what I said earlier in the thread. Yes Arsenal are a massive club but it will be virtually their reserves. Where's Swansea will put out a full strength team which always makes for a better spectacle.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Arsenal: one of the 'biggest' clubs in the world. Many times winner of top league, numerous domestic cups, European honours. Steeped in history.

Swansea: a small town club in Wales. Have they won anything apart from the Welsh cup?

Surely you don't need that explained. :rolleyes:

Yeah, tiny. A club in the top 10 of a league we haven't played in for decades.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Arsenal will easily sell their full allocation. Having witnessed their support, on the train after Arsenal have been at home, they could fill their entitlement from Sussex based supporters alone.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I don't care who we are playing, I pay to watch the Albion! I'm just as happy to pay the same price to see us hopefully score a hatfull past a non-league side as i would be to see us play Barcelona, it's all about the Albion innit?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't care who we are playing, I pay to watch the Albion! I'm just as happy to pay the same price to see us hopefully score a hatfull past a non-league side as i would be to see us play Barcelona, it's all about the Albion innit?

Exactly. If we get to the final, some people on here will be moaning about paying full price if it's against "only" West Bromwich Albion or Sunderland.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Both, but would obviously prefer the Gooners.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yeah, tiny. A club in the top 10 of a league we haven't played in for decades.

To be honest I'd be delighted to play Swansea. They are a great club and play wonderful football. My comments were not meant to disrespect them at all. It's simply down to perception. Quite honestly most football fans will regard Arsenal as a big draw and Swansea as a small draw. More neutrals will be interested if Arsenal play than if Swansea play. It is/will be just the same in people's minds when we reach the promised land.

If an NSC poll was taken along which club most would rather watch I know which one my money would be on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Says more about you than any price plan. Puts some of your previous posts into context.

No it doesn't. If you bothered to read them properly you'd see my main reason for suggesting Newcastle should have been discounted was BECAUSE it was available free on television. 6000 regulars agree with me.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Why do people keep saying they will play their reserves?

They didnt today. I know they have a hard run of games but expect them to be full strength bar one or two who will probably be on the bench!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Why do people keep saying they will play their reserves?

They didnt today. I know they have a hard run of games but expect them to be full strength bar one or two who will probably be on the bench!

I agree. Wenger is desperate for a trophy so has even played relatively strong teams in the Carling cup so if imagine a large proportion of first team players who play against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here