Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ice hockey

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I thought the Rangers playoff hopes were all but written off but after a 5-1 gubbing against the Leafs we’re still in with a chance. The whole season comes down to the last two games against the Philly Flyers. Looks like Tortorella’s tactics are finally paying off.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Poor old T-Leaves though. Dead last in the East, which should at least have guaranteed them a top player in the draft, but of course they traded their first pick to Boston for the next TWO years. The Bruins must be laughing their heads off.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just lumped on NYR to beat the Flyers tonight, what do you think their chances are Lyndhurst?

Well, they're on a roll at the minute and Tortorella's got the mojo back - I'll be glued to the tellybox.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Massive 4-3 win by the Rangers against the Flyers at MSG to keep their play off hopes alive. Gaborik man of the match. Lundqvist also played a blinder with a string of superb saves in the last 5 minutes to keep Rangers ahead. Can’t wait for Sunday – bring it on! How much did you pick up Tim?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
was lucky enough to go to montreal this year, however unlucky enough to go during the winter olympics so cudnt see any nhl action! altho watching pretty much every hockey game of the olympics with crazy canadian fans was quality!

i love lundqvist. the fact he uses his head to save the puck instead of his glove at face height so its easier to the see the trajectory is pure class.

stamkos is also having a stormer of a season, making up for the mediocrity of lecavalier.
i also have a soft spot for toronto as they are whipping boys. am i right in thinking they traded a LOT of their good(reasonable) players away for draft picks during deadline day? i swear they did a lot of business

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Massive 4-3 win by the Rangers against the Flyers at MSG to keep their play off hopes alive. Gaborik man of the match. Lundqvist also played a blinder with a string of superb saves in the last 5 minutes to keep Rangers ahead. Can’t wait for Sunday – bring it on! How much did you pick up Tim?

Only had £10 on NYR and Washington Capitals double @ 2.40, but thoroughly enjoyed the game. Lungqvist was brilliant :clap:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Oh well, time for the Rangers to practice their swings. If only Montreal hadn't got a point against the T-Leaves on Saturday, eh?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Now that the Rangers have blown it I’ve been looking at the other runners and riders in the Stanley Cup. My predictions would be:

In the Eastern Conference quarter finals – Capitals (Ovechkin is a one man wrecking crew with 50 goals and 59 assists) to beat the Canadiens (who dropped their final 3 games) in 4; Devils to beat the Fliers (who dropped 8 of their final 12 games) in 5; Sabres to beat the Bruins in 7 and the Penguins to beat the Senators in 5

Western Conference – Sharks to beat Colorado in 5; Blackhawks to beat the Predators in 6; Canucks (Canucks have six 20 plus goal scorers) to beat the Kings in 4 and the Redwings to beat the Coyotes in 6.

Overall prediction for the Final – The Canucks over the Capitals in 6

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here