Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ice hockey

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I've got a friend from Vancouver and my sister went there in the summer, so purely on that reasoning I've decided to support the Canucks.

Over here, I saw the Cardiff Devils a few times when at uni there and it was fun.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Phillie Flyers for me, I follow all the Philadelphia teams in US sport. Thanks to a rather attractive young lady I met travelling several years ago. Plus the fact the supporters are pretty much all mental. Not a bad start though 3-1-1.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I used to support the Canadiens when Gretsky played for them, shows how long ago I followed it.

But I did go to see it once in Switzerland, Lausanne Sports v Bern - who were the dirty boys of the league.

It was like watching "Slap Shot"....:clap2:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I used to support the Canadiens when Gretsky played for them, shows how long ago I followed it.

But I did go to see it once in Switzerland, Lausanne Sports v Bern - who were the dirty boys of the league.

It was like watching "Slap Shot"....:clap2:

If you mean Wayne Gretzky, he never played for the Canadiens.

Juan Albion

Poor old Leaves. Played seven, won none, 1 point.

How about those Sens tonight? Played a great game to beat Montreal 3-1 away.

Now let's take a little look at the table, shall we?

Ottawa Senators 7 5 2 0 10pts 22 16 3-1-0 2-1-0 5-2-0 Streak=Won 2
Buffalo Sabres 6 4 1 1 9pts 18 12 3-1-1 1-0-0 4-1-1 Streak=Lost 1
Boston Bruins 7 3 4 0 6pts 20 23 2-3-0 1-1-0 3-4-0 Streak=Lost 1
Montréal Canadiens 7 2 5 0 4pts 15 24 0-2-0 2-3-0 2-5-0 Streak=Lost 5
Toronto Maple Leafs 7 0 6 1 1pt 14 32 0-4-1 0-2-0 0-6-1 Streak=Lost 7

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Rangers are on fire ! Seventh win on the trot against the Leafs in Toronto. Gaborik, Kotalik and Prospal are all starting to gel (just like the Albion!). Cant believe Tampa Bay let Prospal go. Got tickets to see them play the New Jersey Devils on Thursday at MSG - gotta be an eighth win.

Juan Albion

Rangers are on fire ! Seventh win on the trot against the Leafs in Toronto. Gaborik, Kotalik and Prospal are all starting to gel (just like the Albion!). Cant believe Tampa Bay let Prospal go. Got tickets to see them play the New Jersey Devils on Thursday at MSG - gotta be an eighth win.

I didn't watch much of the game as I was watching two proper teams on another channel, but by all accounts the Leafs actually outplayed the Rangers, and that is not good! But the Rangers do keep winning, which is a very good habit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As usual the Leafs performed outstanding again tonight......NOT.!!!! They lost 4-1 to the New York Rangers. Oh well, I guess there's always next Saturday when they play the Vancouver Canucks.
Why are we so shit? Again.

The Leafs have got to be the most underachieving "sleeping giant" in sport. :nono:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
As usual the Leafs performed outstanding again tonight......NOT.!!!! They lost 4-1 to the New York Rangers. Oh well, I guess there's always next Saturday when they play the Vancouver Canucks.

Thanks in advance for the win :clap2:

Althou the Leafs are like Tanmere ya know, hurt animal and all that.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Nope, old Luongo has been having a few nightmares recently - he's much like Kuipers in the fact he'll perform some fantastic saves but let one straight through the pads :/

What does everyone think of a massive horn that blows at Withers when we score? that should wake up Mr. Catt :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here