Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I wouldn't want us to go up this season"

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
I understand peoples views on this but I am firmly in the take the oportunity when its there camp. ready or not because you never know when the next one might be.

Last edited:

Brok

Bork. I meant Bork.
Dec 26, 2011
I understand peoples views on this but I am firmly in the take the oportunity when its there. ready or not because you never know when the next one might be.
Exactly. If you see the chance, take it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
View point is if we miss out then I don't think will mind although depends on the manner we miss out by. Last min hand ball at Barnsley (who owe us a play off kick in the balls from 91) may smart a bit

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I think that the Championship is the most interesting and competitive league in the world the prem is just an expensive beauty contest where the result is fixed and for that reason I am happy for us to stay in it. (Championship that is)

However I would be happy to have a season of getting beat every week if it means Tony gets some of his millions back.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I can kind of see where they're coming from - we'd be odds on to come back down straight away, we're only just getting used to the championship, let's build a squad to go up next year and be ready to stay in the prem blah blah blah - but it's a weird negative view.

The money the club would make (especially if it's through the playoffs) would be so much higher than anything we've had before and even if we did come down in the long term we'd be better placed to go back up. Who is to say that if we didn't go up we wouldn't then struggle to challenge next season?

A few years ago I never thought I'd have a chance to see us win promotion to the prem, so if we go up let's just enjoy it - it would be one hell of a ride

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Who subscribes to this truly ludicrous mindset?

Everyone is entitled to their point of view and perhaps those that subscribe to your self proclaimed 'ludicrous mindset' may just be of the thought that you are living on planet zog to? Just a thought.

Me? I want us to go up but I'm certainly not going to get upset by those that would prefer a 'bedding in' period in the Championship. They're entitled to their beliefs.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I did not want to at the beginning of the season, but do now agree, that you have to take the opportunity when you can.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Have to take you chance if you get one, it would be incredible for the club and an amazing ride, I can see the point of view tho.

I would miss the fact that in the championship and below almost anyone can have a good season and win something. Must be a slightly depressing thought at the start of the season that you have zero chance of competing for the league which is the reality for most the prem teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here