Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I wouldn't want us to go up this season"

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Life's too short and we may not get a better chance if the Championship continues to get stronger or if Gus left. Norwich and Swansea are good examples that they can survive comfortably in the Premier League.

not too sure if one season counts as 'survive comfortably'. Reading were the same in their 1st season & imploded the next. Having said that if we are playing well enough to get into play offs they have to go for it & we'll just have to see what comes. If we go up & end up like Derby I hope all those on here now cheering on promotion remember what they said & this time next year aren't on here whinging. Football fans have to enjoy the ride including the downs not just the ups.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If we go up & end up like Derby I hope all those on here now cheering on promotion remember what they said & this time next year aren't on here whinging.

I hope I win the Euromillions tomorrow, I think that's probably more realistic.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Anyone who doesn't want us to go up can do one as far as I'm concerned.

Look at Huddersfield, don't go up when you have the chance and you can find yourself stuck.

Premiership? Bring it on (if we don't bottle the play-offs).

Dandyman

In London village.
Hmmm... I suspect we'll all take going up but what is actually wrong with wanting the side to mature a bit and go up on the basis of surviving for an extended stay in the top flight rather than going up this year, getting stuffed most games and seeing our best manager for decades get pissed off and start looking at other opportunities ?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hmmm... I suspect we'll all take going up but what is actually wrong with wanting the side to mature a bit and go up on the basis of surviving for an extended stay in the top flight rather than going up this year, getting stuffed most games and seeing our best manager for decades get pissed off and start looking at other opportunities ?

Because if you hang around in the division too long your best players get pinched and you'll end up like Ipswich, going nowhere year after year.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'd love to go up, don't get me wrong but I love the way we are at the moment. Playing great football, winnng games, great crowds at the amex week in week out. If we went up we'd be getting tonked each week, can you imagine Brighton when Man City's travelling fans came down. Whats worse is can you imagine the plastic Sussex fans who support Chelsea and Liverpool etc. buying a season ticket and sitting amongst us...Our style of play would change, the diving and cheating would creep in more than it is and the salary bills to get players who could keep us up would be extortionate.....

I'd like another season to enjoy this new stadium and our great season before we charge headlong into the big time ..... thats all....

Oct 25, 2003
if we go up and stay up=brilliant

if we go up and come straight back down=we'll be one of the top clubs in the championship as we'll have a HUGE budget

look at blackpool, if they hadn't gone up that year would they be fighting it out for the play offs this season? I doubt it

one problem is that the quicker we go up, in reality the quicker gus leaves....however we're well placed now that when the inevitable happens I feel we could find a good replacement

we don't want to be like forest who seemed reluctant to make that final push....look at where they are now

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
How can anybody say they don't want to go up.

It might be ruined by money, but it's the BEST league in the world.

QPR... last night they were 2-0 down to one of the biggest teams in the country, and clawed in back to win 3-2. Now imagine that at Falmer!

We're playing Chelsea and our losing 2-0, we've given up when El-Abd pops up with a header. A life-line! Exciting. Then in the last 5 minutes, Barnes pops up to make it 2-2. Mad scenes people going MAD everywhere. 92nd minute Buckley slots one past Cech to give us all 3 points. Try and picture the scenes, the backpage headlines the next day. BHAFC are GLOBAL news. I'd love a Prem season. We all should want it so much. A chance to see some world class players against our little team.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
As a long suffering fan I have dreamt about playing in the top flight, so what if we get beaten every week it's all about watch the Albion grow and evolve. We have been a yo-yo club for years so why worry?

God, it wasn't that long ago we were getting dicked week in week out in Div 1 and 2.

And the concern about season ticket rises is just not realistic, currently we pay for 23 home games, pay the same amount for 19 home games.

I'd take the Premiership every time.

Dandyman

In London village.

Oct 25, 2003
i remember going to carlisle a few years back (think it was during adams' second spell) and we were absolutely destroyed....i think it was 3 or 4-1, and the scoreline flattered us

seeing us in the premiership would be a dream come true

edit- i also had a savage hang over that day and was very much contemplating not bothering

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Where's the option with I'm happy to go up but also happy if we don't? Just enjoy whatever comes our way

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the opportunity presents itself I would hope that we will take it and if we do I am sure that neither Gus nor TB would be happy to just be a yo yo club they will want to consolidate our position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here