Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Kyle Macaulay, who is Potter's recruitment guy. No one would expect Billy, Bjorn or him to remain - they are very much Poter's team.

Bruno though? Could be integrated in the same way Poyet did with Charlie Oatway?

Poyet came alone, first management job, was given Charlie to work with and they gelled. Potter is dragging around his assistants from his first job too, he didn't bring anyone that was at Swansea from before he got there, but it was a shorter period of time.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Kyle Macaulay, who is Potter's recruitment guy. No one would expect Billy, Bjorn or him to remain - they are very much Poter's team.

Bruno though? Could be integrated in the same way Poyet did with Charlie Oatway?

Dont think there will be much to do at Chelsea. You either do or dont buy worlds best players.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
One thing is certain, Tony and Paul will make rational decisions if and when the time comes.

That does not mean that they do not understand the importance of continuity and the culture that comes from having professionals like Bruno at the club, but on NSC our decsion making is more driven by emotion than by the head.

Thank god we don't run the club.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We need to talk about Bruno

What if a new guy comes in and doesn't want Bruno?
I know that's absurd but football never ceases to amaze.

There’s nothing to say it was potters decision to have him coaching at the club, I’ve always felt it was more of a Bloom appointment, which has worked well

I don’t consider Bruno to be Team Potter

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There’s nothing to say it was potters decision to have him coaching at the club, I’ve always felt it was more of a Bloom appointment, which has worked well

Think GP accepted it. Maybe even suggested it - "do you have someone who's been around in the club for a long while and who could be part of our staff?" I know he did in Swansea, and they gave him Alan Curtis.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bruno is Spanish stardust in Brighton. He's a former Valencia backup player... Its not exactly as if he'd be bringing Xavi or Iniesta.

Not sure, he is very well known and respected by Spain's Spanish stars.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
All we need is to get access to Tony Bloom blue(and white)print to success. In this document, you'd have a backup plan for everything, and Bruno would certainly feature.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If even Bruno leaves for more cash then that could well be the end of my interest in actually trying to compete in football / the PL.

BHAFC staff running off every time more cash is waved infront of them is killing my interest totally.

I hope Tony has a harder heart then me and isn't as disillusioned.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So he'll bring Bruno in order to impress on their backup keeper, Cucurella and Azpilicueta, who has been with the club for ten years?

Yes :)

No not really. But I can see the logic that he may want someone who has recently played in the Premier League. Will be able to get closer to the players level of understanding quicker than any of the rest of that back room team.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Love Bruno but in my view would be risky to appoint him short term or otherwise as very little direct experience. If he wants to manage then a move to a Championship club should be his first step.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Love Bruno but in my view would be risky to appoint him short term or otherwise as very little direct experience. If he wants to manage then a move to a Championship club should be his first step.

Would make a great number two to an incoming manager though.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Pep Guardiola wasn’t exactly Xavi or Iniesta either - was good but not a world beater.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Kyle Macauley, was responsible for a lot of Ostersunds signings that propelled them up the leagues, I think his role here was more to do with Potter trusting his judgement on players our recruitment guys identified. I believe Matt Clarke was one of his though, identified as a target for Swansea initially.

That's the one. Hopefully the new guy will have someone similar. It seemed to work pretty well for Potter.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If even Bruno leaves for more cash then that could well be the end of my interest in actually trying to compete in football / the PL.

BHAFC staff running off every time more cash is waved infront of them is killing my interest totally.

I hope Tony has a harder heart then me and isn't as disillusioned.

Welcome to the world that is the Premier League. For all bar the top half dozen clubs anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here