Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A fair few have assumed that Bruno remains and, very possibly, will caretake the gap until the next main man is brought in. Is that certain?

If Potter now sees Bruno as a part of #TeamPotter, would he go with him?

It very possibly depends on what Albion offer him to stay behind. It may be the top job or nothing, but is he ready for that?

There's also the risk of staying and the next manager bringing his own coaching team with Bruno essentially eased out.

Losing Bruno would probably hurt me more than losing Potter, frankly...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’m pretty sure he’ll stay. You would imagine Billy and Bjorn are part of Potters contract. I reckon Tony would block any attempt for Bruno. I would hope so anyway.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
st-bruno-blends-img-st-bruno-ready-rubbed.jpg

Oh I say

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm confident that Tony would have as a precondition that certain key staff, ie Bruno and Roberts are retained.

I'd love Bruno to take over, at least temporarily, as I think we need continuity above all else but i've no idea how he's viewed round the club, or even if this is what he wants to do

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Bruno has ambition to manage, I dare say in his own time he's been networking, preparing, studying, and setting out what he would do as a manager. I would imagine he'd already know who he'd approach as a no.2 and no.3 and who he'd want around him. I don't think it is a huge leap to think he must be in contention. Unless he doesn't have that ambition of course.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I posted a few weeks back that a Liam-Bruno combo might not be the worst successor. I strongly suspect it's too early for that though.
With Bruno, there are multiple factors to take into account including:
-- what can B&HA offer him at this stage, and
-- if a new manager is brought in, how will he be integrated into the team
-- if he goes with Potter, will he just be part of the team or is it possible for him to progress/promote within the GP-Billy-Bjorn-Kyle team
-- would the best next move to break free of both Potter and B&HA and try management somewhere

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It’s a tough one. I am in favour of appointing him as caretaker as there is only one game until after the International break. I would be worried that if he didn’t get the job after that he might look for pastures new, possibly in Cobham.
Fortunately the Club will have this well in hand and I am sure a new man will be appointed soon. Maybe too soon for Bruno? Obviously I don’t have a clue.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
A fair few have assumed that Bruno remains and, very possibly, will caretake the gap until the next main man is brought in. Is that certain?

If Potter now sees Bruno as a part of #TeamPotter, would he go with him?

It very possibly depends on what Albion offer him to stay behind. It may be the top job or nothing, but is he ready for that?

There's also the risk of staying and the next manager bringing his own coaching team with Bruno essentially eased out.

Losing Bruno would probably hurt me more than losing Potter, frankly...

What if a new guy comes in and doesn't want Bruno?
I know that's absurd but football never ceases to amaze.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’m pretty sure he’ll stay. You would imagine Billy and Bjorn are part of Potters contract. I reckon Tony would block any attempt for Bruno. I would hope so anyway.

I might be tempted to say yes to Bruno in the top job, but with so little experience he would need the steadying hand of a mentor alongside him.

We are afterall, as far as last season's league table goes anyway, one of the top ten teams in the entire country. and a world away from being little old Brighton who plays at that athletics ground at Withdean now.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Personally I'd rather Bruno would go and work with Potter at Chelsea for a few more years, and then return to the Albion a more experienced coach and man manager, hopefully achieving a similar impact to what Arteta has done at Man City and then Arsenal.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
In the name of God, No!!

Great player, great captain but Bllom would be making a huge mistake.

The thing is, you may be right. But you may not.

Those around the club will know his qualities and whether he’s been groomed, (if you can still used that term) for the role.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The other thing about Bruno is that you can’t underestimate the importance of our South American playing and scouting connection. Having a senior Spanish speaking father figure in the training staff, who was clearly a very good player, could be very important in guiding them through.

We should be looking to retain him

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s been reported that GP wants his two assistants plus an analyst guy who’s name I forget..no mention of Bruno ..of course just one of the myriad of reports out there

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think Bruno is happy here and strikes me as someone who values a good work life balance and that means being comfortable where you live and work and feel appreciated above money.

I could be wrong, but I do not think money or working for a top six or beyond club is a driving factor in his life.
It is happiness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here