[Albion] I think we do need to talk about Bruno

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure he is done with his UEFA Pro license, he might have six months left or so. In that case he can't be appointed as the manager permanently unless he gets a special permit.

I do think he'll stay in Brighton and perhaps take a step up from coach to the assistant manager role, unless whoever the new head coach wants to bring his entire staff.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s been reported that GP wants his two assistants plus an analyst guy who’s name I forget..no mention of Bruno ..of course just one of the myriad of reports out there

They've probably got that from off here, who in turn got it from the fact they all came to us from Swansea.

Yoda

English & European
We've had it before when a manager has left all or some of the backroom staff are to remain as part of the coaching system as a stipulation to the new manager joining. Why wouldn't we do the same with Bruno & Ben?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s been reported that GP wants his two assistants plus an analyst guy who’s name I forget..no mention of Bruno ..of course just one of the myriad of reports out there

Kyle Macaulay, who is Potter's recruitment guy. No one would expect Billy, Bjorn or him to remain - they are very much Poter's team.

Bruno though? Could be integrated in the same way Poyet did with Charlie Oatway?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
My bigger concern is player recruitment. I think Potter brought his own guy with him to work alongside the recruitment team. We've had excellent recruitment the last few years. My concern is how much is down to Potter's guy?

Hopefully I'm either wrong that Potter brought in his own guy or he's had very little effect on our recruitment.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In the name of God, No!!

Great player, great captain but Bllom would be making a huge mistake.

Why?

He has been in and around the team.
He has his badges.
He must have been privy to the tactical meetings.
He fits the kind of thoughtful person Bloom would like.
He has a lot of good experience, three years under Emery as a player.
He could build his own coaching team.
The transition would be seamless as possible.
He could be the first Brighton manager to have us sitting at the top of the league, maybe!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Round the corner from my house there has been a mural of Bruno with “Once a Seagull, always a Seagull “ written underneath it for several years. Not as good as the old El Capitan one, but I have loved having it there.

This has recently been removed. :rant:

It better not be an omen.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Why?

He has been in and around the team.
He has his badges.
He must have been privy to the tactical meetings.
He fits the kind of thoughtful person Bloom would like.
He has a lot of good experience, three years under Emery as a player.
He could build his own coaching team.
The transition would be seamless as possible.
He could be the first Brighton manager to have us sitting at the top of the league, maybe!

Each to their own. I would be seriously under-whelmed if he got the job. Too soon and would end in tears

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Each to their own. I would be seriously under-whelmed if he got the job. Too soon and would end in tears

We might get a glimpse on Saturday. If Bruno's not going to Chelsea then surely he's taking training and will pick the team for Bournemouth?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On the one hand Bruno was never part of Potter's team in the sense he was already here. However I can see that Potter might like to take Bruno as well. He adds a Spanish stardust to what he is presenting to the Chelsea players, and frankly his team needs that, because those glory boys are going to think who the hell are they.

However I can't believe Tony would let him go. But if Bruno requested it, he has shown he never stands in their way.

Now I'm worried.

Potter Bruno and the Queen all on the same day would be hard to take. And I'm not sure it's in that order.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
ps) Well done Darren on getting a Disney referenced thread on the Board at this troubling time. (9 months and counting for me now!)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My bigger concern is player recruitment. I think Potter brought his own guy with him to work alongside the recruitment team. We've had excellent recruitment the last few years. My concern is how much is down to Potter's guy?

Hopefully I'm either wrong that Potter brought in his own guy or he's had very little effect on our recruitment.

Kyle Macauley, was responsible for a lot of Ostersunds signings that propelled them up the leagues, I think his role here was more to do with Potter trusting his judgement on players our recruitment guys identified. I believe Matt Clarke was one of his though, identified as a target for Swansea initially.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On the one hand Bruno was never part of Potter's team in the sense he was already here. However I can see that Potter might like to take Bruno as well. He adds a Spanish stardust to what he is presenting to the Chelsea players, and frankly his team needs that, because those glory boys are going to think who the hell are they.

However I can't believe Tony would let him go. But if Bruno requested it, he has shown he never stands in their way.

Now I'm worried.

Potter Bruno and the Queen all on the same day would be hard to take. And I'm not sure it's in that order.

Bruno is Spanish stardust in Brighton. He's a former Valencia backup player... Its not exactly as if he'd be bringing Xavi or Iniesta.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Keeping a familar face in coaching team definitely important for player morale.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bruno is Spanish stardust in Brighton. He's a former Valencia backup player... Its not exactly as if he'd be bringing Xavi or Iniesta.

As you are very much a JCL you could perhaps be excused for not understanding the love we have for El Capitan and how he contributed to our club's progression.

Take a look at the documentary video and tweet I posted above. They may help you to understand.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A fair few have assumed that Bruno remains and, very possibly, will caretake the gap until the next main man is brought in. Is that certain?

If Potter now sees Bruno as a part of #TeamPotter, would he go with him?

It very possibly depends on what Albion offer him to stay behind. It may be the top job or nothing, but is he ready for that?

There's also the risk of staying and the next manager bringing his own coaching team with Bruno essentially eased out.

Losing Bruno would probably hurt me more than losing Potter, frankly...

Was always under impression rather than return to Spain it was offer to work at Albion that kept him rather than just wanting to get into coaching etc

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Sure. Probably will be in charge Saturday.

Just don't want him getting the job permenantly. Remember Hinshelwood and Wood? Keep mim on the coaching team but we need someone with experience.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As you are very much a JCL you could perhaps be excused for not understanding the love we have for El Capitan and how he contributed to our club's progression.

Take a look at the documentary video and tweet I posted above. They may help you to understand.

What the **** does that have to do with Chelsea players perception of Bruno possibly turning up? You think Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Thiago Silva share your love for Bruno or what do you mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports