Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I feel a transfer record coming on.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Boca will be well aware that if Calleri is anything as good as his strike partner, he could be worth £20m+ in a few years. In the shop window of the leading championship team with a 50% sell on clause for the Xeneize; then perhaps this deal is not nonsense after all?

My conclusion, from what I heard, was that a 'sell on clause' would be an important part of the contract, and that Boca were willing to sell. My point in question was that, as well and good as it seems, does the player want to come here ? I like to think he is the one that is coming, but I'm trying not to get too confident.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
In one of the concourses (North?), there used to be a 'Barnes 9' Austria shirt. No idea if it's still there or not.

You learn something every day, not a true British centre forward like Hemed then?.:lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Think it's safe to assume that Elvis has either replaced Marshall (my impression) or will be considered a striker and, therefore, we won't need this chap.
How could you, or in fact anyone, possibly know that he started taking English lessons?

He did an interview with an Argentine football publication last week that I found online. It's quoted in there.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think we can call an agreement then! I don't expect a top 6 finish either - but I agree the aim has always got to be high. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the AIM should be to finish as champions. Our only difference, I think, is that I won't be as upset as you if we just finish in the top ten - after almost 60 years of following the Albion, that seems like a good place to be to me!

I do see what you are saying, rest assured, but it does show what mould we have got into following the Albion. After so much mediocrity over the years, which I too have witnessed for roughly the same timespan as yourself, you say you are happy with 10th place, or slightly better, to be fair. Our horizons should be higher than this.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great sleuthing or crap google translation. That's the question.

Article: My name is Jony

'Calleri said stays in Boca, but just Monday start taking English lessons. In the absence of 11 days to the close of trading in Europe, there are several clubs interested in him.

There were five cries in the final four games. Twelve year and 20 since he joined the club in mid-2014 Jonathan Calleri is Boca's top scorer so far this season and, with Orion, the player with most appearances. Sufficient merit to that, with eleven days to close the book of passes in the major leagues in Europe, there is some chance of a bid to break the market and threatens its continuity in Boca, but that did not happen so far. Just in case, the former All Boys and began preparing for the future: on Monday he will start taking English classes with a tutor. Shall goodbye in December?'

http://www.ole.com.ar/boca-juniors/futbol/titulo_0_1416458369.html

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are short of a striker, for sure, but also not sure who could SUCCESSFULLY play in a central midfield 2 if Stephens or Kayal were unavailable. A lot depends on Crofts recovery.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Article: My name is Jony

'Calleri said stays in Boca, but just Monday start taking English lessons. In the absence of 11 days to the close of trading in Europe, there are several clubs interested in him.

There were five cries in the final four games. Twelve year and 20 since he joined the club in mid-2014 Jonathan Calleri is Boca's top scorer so far this season and, with Orion, the player with most appearances. Sufficient merit to that, with eleven days to close the book of passes in the major leagues in Europe, there is some chance of a bid to break the market and threatens its continuity in Boca, but that did not happen so far. Just in case, the former All Boys and began preparing for the future: on Monday he will start taking English classes with a tutor. Shall goodbye in December?'

http://www.ole.com.ar/boca-juniors/futbol/titulo_0_1416458369.html

Good find. December? Is that when their season finishes?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We are short of a striker, for sure, but also not sure who could SUCCESSFULLY play in a central midfield 2 if Stephens or Kayal were unavailable. A lot depends on Crofts recovery.

Jack Harper is going to be in the first team squad as well when he is fit, so even if we don't sign anyone else I think we are close to what we need for this window. I think he still wants another player in but if he doesn't get him then I still think he is quite happy with the business in this window and the loan window can be used solely to cover injuries and suspensions if it came to it

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Also...

'Los Fans can be assured that Calleri not going?

Uh ... yeah, yeah. It is that there is no offer.

The Boca CD is not as inflexible when referring to a possible sale of Calleri abroad, although less than 10 million euros did not even sit down to negotiate. "We will not open the equipment and less in that position today where we have a replacement, but there are deals that are hard to refuse for any Argentine club. Look what happened to the River with Funes Mori ... "Be honest with Olé an important leader, who did not rule out selling it now and stay until year end. In fact, now that option looms as the most viable. There are several factors that influence Calleri is the player with more chances to immigrate, either now or at the end of the year. One issue that could accelerate the departure of Jony is the conflict with Fernando Hidalgo, his representative. The business relationship between the two ends in October this year and the idea is to change agent tip. Tempted him more than half a dozen businessmen with strong ties to the Old Continent among them Eugenio Lopez, the attorney for Di Maria, who would go on to handle him but his career is Nestor Fabbri, former Boca defender, who in turn is Bettina brother of his mother. And Hidalgo is seen coming several weeks next offering it to other clubs in the Old Continent ago. Interested? Besides Palermo, who came close to take him for the Copa America, he also consulted for Arsenal and Stoke City, Premier League. Nothing is coincidence ...

"It was clear the president and also we want to be us. If there are offers for Calleri, it will be for him to go in December, "he came to the Basque bancar stop at its conference Wednesday in San Juan, where Jony scored the second goal in the win over Guarani. Luckily for the coach, there are issues that could delay the departure of 27. The lack of a formal written proposal. Another, which has not yet Calleri EU passport (it is pending for several months). Still, already started with the English ... The "Jony my name is" already know ...'

They have asked us for that (according to Naylor). It's all very interesting. My source says that we have done that.

But as I said, I'm not convinced it will happen, but I am convinced that, at least, Albion have serious intent if nothing else. Things are so different to last season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If he is about to change his agent that is not good news for us. The time to do a deal is now even if it's some sort of fixed pre-contract for him to stay at Boca now then move to us in January. If not I fear the big boys will move in ahead of us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there are a lot of red herrings being left about

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
there are a lot of red herrings being left about

Don't tell the cat. (By the way, the feline I told you about in January is doing really well.)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Don't tell the cat.(By the way, the feline I told you about in January is doing really well.)

good stuff
I think we might sign somebody who nobody has even mentioned, having said that if I were a betting man my money would be on Tex

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Or saw something about this on another site, apparently Stoke were after him but he won't arrive till December.

Maybe this is one we'll tie up now but the move won't be made until the January transfer window

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The main points from that article (dated 21/08):

He's started learning English.
There was no concrete offer.
Boca won't start negotiating until the offer is over 10 mill Euros.
A big offer would be hard to refuse.
Whatever happens isn't solely down to the player.
He doesn't have an EU passport yet.

That last point seems like a major stumbling block. Apparently the passport is pending.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Or saw something about this on another site, apparently Stoke were after him but he won't arrive till December.

Maybe this is one we'll tie up now but the move won't be made until the January transfer window

Well this is it really. If it doesn't happen now they'll be too many bigger fish turning up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here