Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He's talking about Calleri.
Not convinced, myself.

As of last week there was supposed to be only 2 outstanding targets. One of them was definitely Marshall but Marshall and his agent have been pissing about for months. So either we moved away from him and Elvis Manu was his alternative and there is still an unknown target out there that we don't know about. Or Manu was always the other target and the only outstanding target is still Marshall

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's talking about Calleri.
Not convinced, myself.

Neither am I. It just seems too good to be true. I was told about the Marshall cooling and that Murphy was arriving. The only ITK sources (two of them) have always been right, and the information I had was that we are prepared to break the transfer record by some distance for Calleri, and Albion are not letting that one go easily. There is one expected, mind.

Interesting that Jonny Calleri started taking English lessons last week, though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
For those of you of whom believe we have enough strikers; this is Burnley's forward line-up. This is what a top championship standard looks like.

7 England FW Andre Gray
9 Wales FW Sam Vokes
10 Belgium FW Jelle Vossen
17 England FW Marvin Sordell
18 Germany FW Rouwen Hennings
19 England FW Lukas Jutkiewicz
24 England FW Chris Long
30 Austria FW Ashley Barnes
44 England FW Jason Gilchrist

So we don't need to necessarily loose COG & Clunge to smash our transfer record! Tony - the time has come to role the dice.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
As of last week there was supposed to be only 2 outstanding targets. One of them was definitely Marshall but Marshall and his agent have been pissing about for months. So either we moved away from him and Elvis Manu was his alternative and there is still an unknown target out there that we don't know about. Or Manu was always the other target and the only outstanding target is still Marshall
Why are you not considering Calleri as one of the targets?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Think we can safely forget about Marshall coming in now as the wing positions are now fully stocked - also doesn't make sense going after a winger for 3m plus when there's quality players available elsewhere for half the price. If we are light in one positions it' up front. COG isn't of Championship quality, the faster he's moved on the better and though Colunga is talented, it seems he doesn't fit into Hughtons plans.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I agree that the obvious position now is goal scorer - wingers seem well covered.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Neither am I. It just seems too good to be true. I was told about the Marshall cooling and that Murphy was arriving. The only ITK sources (two of them) have always been right, and the information I had was that we are prepared to break the transfer record by some distance for Calleri and Albion are not letting that one go easily. There is one expected, mind.

Interesting that Jonny Calleri started taking English lessons last week though.

Boca will be well aware that if Calleri is anything as good as his strike partner, he could be worth £20m+ in a few years. In the shop window of the leading championship team with a 50% sell on clause for the Xeneize; then perhaps this deal is not nonsense after all?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
For those of you of whom believe we have enough strikers; this is Burnley's forward line-up. This is what a top championship standard looks like.

7 England FW Andre Gray
9 Wales FW Sam Vokes
24 England FW Chris Long

So we don't need to necessarily loose COG & Clunge to smash our transfer record! Tony - the time has come to role the dice.
Our Ash is Austrian?:wrong:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

7 England FW Andre Gray
9 Wales FW Sam Vokes
24 England FW Chris Long

7 England FW Andre Gray - terrible against us last year. Needs five chances to even hit the target.
9 Wales FW Sam Vokes - good player. Bit one-dimensional. Has he fully recovered from his long-term injury?
10 Belgium FW Jelle Vossen - underwhelmed last season.
17 England FW Marvin Sordell - lump.
18 Germany FW Rouwen Hennings - who?
19 England FW Lukas Jutkiewicz - good striker in this league.
24 England FW Chris Long - ?
30 Austria FW Ashley Barnes - out for the season
44 England FW Jason Gilchrist - isn't he a cricketer?

Don't think it's all that really. Especially not for a team with parachute payments.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Why are you not considering Calleri as one of the targets?

I am not overlooking Calleri. I referred to a potential unknown target. To me his name has never been mentioned but he could be the unknown one. However what was once said was ''I don't think we will get everyone we are after''

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Neither am I. It just seems too good to be true. I was told about the Marshall cooling and that Murphy was arriving. The only ITK sources (two of them) have always been right, and the information I had was that we are prepared to break the transfer record by some distance for Calleri, and Albion are not letting that one go easily. There is one expected, mind.

Interesting that Jonny Calleri started taking English lessons last week, though.

Think it's safe to assume that Elvis has either replaced Marshall (my impression) or will be considered a striker and, therefore, we won't need this chap.
How could you, or in fact anyone, possibly know that he started taking English lessons?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here