Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't hate Crystal Palace

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Joined in with the 'hate' thing when I was younger, but over recent years that has faded and although I would much rather see them struggling at the bottom of the league rather than competing at the top, I can't say I hate them either. Much prefer to talk to their fans about football, than any Premier League arm chair fans that just go to the pub with a replica shirt and cheer on 'Rooney and the boys', or 'JT and the gang'. We're a lot more alike with Palace than some would care to admit.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I do not hate the fans, at least the ones I know, in fact I have a grudging respect for them. The hatred died years ago.

I despise however Crystal Palace Football Club.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Surely its the fans who make a club what it is?! The playing staff and management come and go, and the vast majority of them have no real connection with the football club other than that they are contractually obliged to represent them.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Its an embarrassing, petty and childish rivalry with a club located FORTY FOUR MILES AWAY, and is based on the fact that a few knuckleheads ran around trying to cave each other's square heads in back in the 70s. Big deal.

Wrong. There where loads of knuckleheads!

There were certainly more knuckleheads than I thought there would be on Saturday, which is why it is getting out of hand and needs calming down.

If we can't manage to have a sensible rivalry then we'd best not have one at all.

I want to goad and take the piss out of Palace. I want them to do it to us. I want us to win every game and for them to lose. That's enough. No knuckles required.

If people want Green Street then Millwall and West Ham are not too far away. Go follow them.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Surely its the fans who make a club what it is?! The playing staff and management come and go, and the vast majority of them have no real connection with the football club other than that they are contractually obliged to represent them.

It makes sense to me, somehow.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Joined in with the 'hate' thing when I was younger, but over recent years that has faded and although I would much rather see them struggling at the bottom of the league rather than competing at the top, I can't say I hate them either. Much prefer to talk to their fans about football, than any Premier League arm chair fans that just go to the pub with a replica shirt and cheer on 'Rooney and the boys', or 'JT and the gang'. We're a lot more alike with Palace than some would care to admit.

Agree 100%.

Man United - arrogant, bloated corporate giant followed by millions of glory hunters worldwide.
Chelsea - likewise.
Crystal Palace - relatively small, well-run club supported by local fans for the right reasons..... whats to hate?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Can't stand CPFC, but have nothing but the upmost respect for genuine football fans who support their local team rather than throwing in their plastic lot with Premiership teams with whom they have no viable connection, and Palace fans deserve respect for that (and yes that does include you Old Git) if nothing else.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Leeds hate Chelsea, how many miles are betwwen them.
Swansea/ Cardiff, Norwich / Ipswich, Exeter/Plymouth, rivalry is rivalry whatever the distance.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Agree 100%.

Man United - arrogant, bloated corporate giant followed by millions of glory hunters worldwide.
Chelsea - likewise.
Crystal Palace - relatively small, well-run club supported by local fans for the right reasons..... whats to hate?

So well run that they are running at a lose, and been in admin twice...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Actually don't hate them as such - Portsmouth are the real rivals for me.

The fans I've met have been fine, reckon their board and club in general are pretty decent ( even though it's fun taking the piss out of Parrish ). Don't like the gloating gimps who come on here though.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Its an embarrassing, petty and childish rivalry with a club located FORTY FOUR MILES AWAY, and is based on the fact that a few knuckleheads ran around trying to cave each other's square heads in back in the 70s. Big deal.

There I said it.

Phew.... that feels good.

.... and in view of that, perhaps a bit of perspective on us losing last Saturday away from home with 10 men for 86 minutes to the 2nd best team in the division, non??

You are absolutely on the nail. It is the mindless group of tribal morons that are the problem imo

My old mum and all her family were born and brought up just off Thornton Heath high st. Grand parents and great grandparents are buried in the Queens Rd cemetery a stones throw from Selhurst. Mum was evacuated as a small child down to Brighton during the war, and stayed

and yes........I hate palace and only Palace with a passion

There I've said it.

How strange my I have family buried in Queens rd cemetery and my Nan's older family were from a fishing family from Brighton (Gillams) who moved to Croydon in fact they were bombed out in the street behind Queens rd and yes..........I hate Brighton with a passion

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

There I said it.

Phew.... that feels good.

.... and in view of that, perhaps a bit of perspective on us losing last Saturday away from home with 10 men for 86 minutes to the 2nd best team in the division, non??

The scum were playing with 12 men on Saturday the ref was shocking,i fcuking hate the scum

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Absolutely hate Palace yet I have some great friends who are Palace, genuinely some of the nicest people I know. Which annoys me.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
The rumours are they have over spent on players wages are struggling to service bills/debt and need offload sell players to meet this definition - or it might be all or bust going for a grab at the prem cash

our wages are way below bha's and we work within a budget. although the albion fans seem to think its all rosy somethings not right ,selling best player sacking gully girls, sacking caterers and no sign of a striker even on loan. maybe totally wrong but all seems a bit strange

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here