I don't hate Crystal Palace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Its an embarrassing, petty and childish rivalry with a club located FORTY FOUR MILES AWAY, and is based on the fact that a few knuckleheads ran around trying to cave each other's square heads in back in the 70s. Big deal.

There I said it.

Phew.... that feels good.

.... and in view of that, perhaps a bit of perspective on us losing last Saturday away from home with 10 men for 86 minutes to the 2nd best team in the division, non??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yes you do.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If there is a rivalry between two clubs, then there's a rivalry. and it doesn't matter why. I don't see what difference it makes how far it is between grounds. None of the reasons really matter, it's either there or it's not.

Personally I enjoy my loathing of Palace more than I can be bothered to muster an interest in clubs like Man U and Chelsea.

I do not hate the fans, at least the ones I know, in fact I have a grudging respect for them. The hatred died years ago.

I despise however Crystal Palace Football Club.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Its an embarrassing, petty and childish rivalry with a club located FORTY FOUR MILES AWAY, and is based on the fact that a few knuckleheads ran around trying to cave each other's square heads in back in the 70s. Big deal.

There I said it.

Phew.... that feels good.

.... and in view of that, perhaps a bit of perspective on us losing last Saturday away from home with 10 men for 86 minutes to the 2nd best team in the division, non??

Grow up, of course you hate them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
These youngsters (anyone under 30) don't understand :facepalm:

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
I hate them, but then I am a proper Die-hard.

HATE them.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Croydon area and football do not go together. The whole place should be raised to the ground and every Palace supporter relocated to within supporting distance of one of the other 90 clubs (us excluded.)

Given an average attendance of 16,000 that means that every club in the land has to inherit another 170 odd fans.

Application Forms should be sent to every soon to be ex-Palace fan so that they can apply for a club to support (clearly some will want to avoid Charlton and Millwall.)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont really despise anyone apart from Leeds, but that is a Yorkshire thing

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hate should never be a part of football or her supporters, in any instance.

There are much more important things happening in the world.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Well I do. They're scum.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Everything got Burned a long time ago

Don't throw stones

crystal-palace-on-fire-00032-640.jpg

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I am liberal to a degree
I want everybody to be free
But if you think I let a Crystal Palace supporter move in the next door
And marry my daughter
You must think I'm crazy ...

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
My old mum and all her family were born and brought up just off Thornton Heath high st. Grand parents and great grandparents are buried in the Queens Rd cemetery a stones throw from Selhurst. Mum was evacuated as a small child down to Brighton during the war, and stayed

and yes........I hate palace and only Palace with a passion

There I've said it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports