Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't hate Crystal Palace

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Its an embarrassing, petty and childish rivalry with a club located FORTY FOUR MILES AWAY, and is based on the fact that a few knuckleheads ran around trying to cave each other's square heads in back in the 70s. Big deal.

There I said it.

Phew.... that feels good.

.... and in view of that, perhaps a bit of perspective on us losing last Saturday away from home with 10 men for 86 minutes to the 2nd best team in the division, non??

Disappointing! There is nothing wrong with hating your rival club!

Bit of perspective in terms of our league position and season so far, definately, any 'gus out' comments are ludicrous, but as it relates to our rivalry with them, then yeah, it was terrible.

We will be talking about this Saturday!!!;-)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They burnt down the original Crystal Palace in the 30s and have been trashing their own areas ever since. Mind you the last bout of arson in Croydon doesn't seem to have made the place look any worse. Well it couldn't really I suppose.So all these Palace fans that live amongst us in Gods own county need to be kept an eye on. I mean who did start the fire on the West Pier ? Be alert.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I Would agree their is too much Hate in football and being around some of the 'fans' on matches like these makes you question whether you want to be connected with such bile.

I like to see them lose, but hate no.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
From a palace point of view i don't think i could hate Brighton. Like the opening poster i hope you lose and always look out for your results but wouldnt say it is hate. Even before getting involved in REMF i have known quite a few Brighton fans who are proper fans and would much rather have a football conversation with someone that goes to the games rather than a premiership fan who has never been anywhere near the team he claims to support. I also think its great you have got a new ground after the years at Gillingham and the Withdean and also like the fact it has it's own identity rather than being the same as most of the new builds these days.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
From a palace point of view i don't think i could hate Brighton. Like the opening poster i hope you lose and always look out for your results but wouldnt say it is hate. Even before getting involved in REMF i have known quite a few Brighton fans who are proper fans and would much rather have a football conversation with someone that goes to the games rather than a premiership fan who has never been anywhere near the team he claims to support. I also think its great you have got a new ground after the years at Gillingham and the Withdean and also like the fact it has it's own identity rather than being the same as most of the new builds these days.

REMF has been the most amazing thing

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Scummer!

Don't come in here with your Trojan horse of friendliness!

:)

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Hate is such strong term I really do not like to use it but I really dislike Palarse and always will

D

Deleted member 18477

I hate chelsea, man utd, man city and portsmouth a lot more than Palace! Leeds are close too!

Petbe

Nov 28, 2012
I have supported Crystal Palace since 1975. Over the past thirty-eight years I have never been inclined to hate any other football team or supporter. I love to see my team win and care little if other teams win, loose or draw. The same is true of every fan of every team. I like watching entertaining football and rivalries sometimes help to produce such matches. I am very keen on Brighton as a place to visit and I am friends with people who live there, and of course I want CPFC to finish above Brighton. I would like Brighton to loose every game, but I don't hate the team or the supporters. Like another Palace poster has already said I am really pleased that Brighton has a lovely new stadium. I look forward to us having something similar, or perhaps better. I work with people who support many different teams, including Charlton and Millwall; traditionally teams that we have rivalry with. I like all these people, we have fun together talking about our teams. As fans of 'real' football teams we all have so much more in common that we have to divide us. Sometimes we have successes to savour and at other times we have failures to explain. When football fans get together they have a common bond in their love of a game. Teasing rival fans about the performance of their team is a fun part of this, but hate has no part to play. This is why I come to look on this forum. Some of the comments on here are very funny. Why hate when you can laugh?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have supported Crystal Palace since 1975. Over the past thirty-eight years I have never been inclined to hate any other football team or supporter. I love to see my team win and care little if other teams win, loose or draw. The same is true of every fan of every team. I like watching entertaining football and rivalries sometimes help to produce such matches. I am very keen on Brighton as a place to visit and I am friends with people who live there, and of course I want CPFC to finish above Brighton. I would like Brighton to loose every game, but I don't hate the team or the supporters. Like another Palace poster has already said I am really pleased that Brighton has a lovely new stadium. I look forward to us having something similar, or perhaps better. I work with people who support many different teams, including Charlton and Millwall; traditionally teams that we have rivalry with. I like all these people, we have fun together talking about our teams. As fans of 'real' football teams we all have so much more in common that we have to divide us. Sometimes we have successes to savour and at other times we have failures to explain. When football fans get together they have a common bond in their love of a game. Teasing rival fans about the performance of their team is a fun part of this, but hate has no part to play. This is why I come to look on this forum. Some of the comments on here are very funny. Why hate when you can laugh?

This this this.

Jomedgull

Dec 6, 2012
Well mr Chesney I think your on your own on that one. I detest Palace as a club, although I think Holloway is a character.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
These youngsters (anyone under 30) don't understand :facepalm:

OK, so the youngsters don't understand it (fair enough) but neither do those of us old enough to remember when Palace were just another insignificant (to us) club before the Mullery - Venables handbags business. That was nothing to base a 'rivalry' on, so no, I don't hate Palace either. The S*n bigged it up (and got almost as excited as they were with 'Liverpool fans rob the dead at Hillsborough' story), and S*n reading skins on both sides got all excited about it.

So, if the youngsters 'don't get it' and oldies like me 'don't get it' - perhaps this hate thing is just an anomaly that affects middle aged blokes.....................

Dusty_Fryer

May 12, 2009
Port Stanley
Each to their own and all that. I've never really had any thoughts on Palace (although if my father heard me say that, I'd probably be disowned). The only club that I really, truly despise with every inch of my being is L**ds United.

Its an embarrassing, petty and childish rivalry with a club located FORTY FOUR MILES AWAY, and is based on the fact that a few knuckleheads ran around trying to cave each other's square heads in back in the 70s. Big deal.

There I said it.

Phew.... that feels good.

.... and in view of that, perhaps a bit of perspective on us losing last Saturday away from home with 10 men for 86 minutes to the 2nd best team in the division, non??

Maybe you`re just lacking in testosterone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here