Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't blame Capello.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cappello sounded befuddled in that interview. I think not speaking English well, a noisy tunnel and the shock of the performance explain his Alzheimer-esque display.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
he thought we played well!!!!!!! :facepalm:
Well I think he was almost harassed into saying that. The point he was trying to make was that the game changes on little things and I'd say we were caught out pushing on, trying to force an equaliser. The manner we defended the counter attack was shocking of course, but he's absolutely right - it might have been very different.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
None of which disguises the fact that we were well beaten by a very good team. Good luck to Germany. Hope they go all the way.

Capello was badly let down by his big name players. McManaman nailed it on ESPN - "maybe we're just not as good as we think we are".

That's because no one looks beyond the premiership in this country so it's a massive surprise when these other players appear as unknowns but are actaully better than anything we've got here. The richest plAyers play here. Not necessarily the best!

NN12 Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
same old thing. managing England is a managers graveyard. I am afraid on paper we may have 23 world class players but that dont make a team. There has been no team spirit this world cup from England, how do you motivate players who at the end of the day will just go back to their clubs and draw ridiculous salaries. No pride in playing for England it means nothing to the majority of them and if they dont like the system the manager plays then they want do it. We have to get back to some reality in football as far as wages are concerned and allow the good English players to progress through the pyramid, but how you do that when even we are wanting BHA to sign foreign players in the belief it is the only way to success. Apologies for the same old rant but like many i just want an England team that plays with the pasion of it supporters. Brian Clough was one of the few who who knew the meaning of team

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
what do u mean capellos not to blame ????? playing gerrard on the left, not playing rooney up front on his own, thinking gareth barry was fit after 2 months out, taking Heskey instead of bent, playing Upson today the list goes on

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
We need a manager that will get them fired up in the dressing room, install some bulldog spirit in the players. Cappello is not the man for that.

Yeah that's it, as it's the typical 'bulldog' spirit over the years that has got us absolutely nowhere.

Appoint Stuart Pearce as manager with Brian Blessed as his assistant maybe?

And it's 'instill', not 'install', you're not loading the team on to a new computer system.

Oct 25, 2003
yeah, let's replace capello with harry redknapp

redknapp has had a MUCH better career, and has proven time and time again to be a better manager than capello

or something

yeah, let's replace capello with harry redknapp

redknapp has had a MUCH better career, and has proven time and time again to be a better manager than capello

or something

Redknapp's a good manager when he's got some dosh in the coffers to wheel and deal. Different kettle of fish, is international management.

Oct 25, 2003
if capello does walk, firstly it would be a massive shame, and secondly, the only englishman who should replace him is the only englishman with a good knowledge of both english and european football, and with experience of managing a national team

(not steve mclaren) i'm talking about SUPER WOY!!!!!!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Capello has to stay. Give him four years to clear out the deadwood & mould the next England team round the likes of Hart, Johnson & Rodwell.
You know players who actually care about their country & don't think they win it by just turning up.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
if capello does walk, firstly it would be a massive shame, and secondly, the only englishman who should replace him is the only englishman with a good knowledge of both english and european football, and with experience of managing a national team

(not steve mclaren) i'm talking about SUPER WOY!!!!!!

I love Roy, and if he gets it Bobby might get a game but just not convinced hes the man. Brilliant working with a tight budget, getting the best out of average players, can he deal with big names and egos?

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
I love Roy, and if he gets it Bobby might get a game but just not convinced hes the man. Brilliant working with a tight budget, getting the best out of average players, can he deal with big names and egos?

Well yes as he was a success at Inter Milan in the early 90's, and also as an international manager for Switzerland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here