Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I am going around in circles re sharing my ST

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So I'll ask the question again, why, if they're not prepared to pay for the membership, should they jump the queue for those that do.

I even put the word in bold to highlight the joke. :ffsparr:

In answer to your question though, we don't all worship at the temple of Mammon. Sometimes people would like their mate or a relative to have the ticket for free rather than flog it to some random. The other people in the group would probably prefer it to go to someone they know too. Aside from that, sticking on the exchange doesn't even guarantee a sale.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well if you want to share your ticket every fortnight with I guess 17 different people over a season then finding 17 potential fans to sign up for a £34 membership which they then only use once is I can see a bit of a struggle.

Forks, tines. Come on, people.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is that right? I thought Palace dropped the £50 membership requirement - within a day of announcing - after protests from fans?

Sad to say, the general tone/language around ticket sharing on the Palace site is significantly friendlier than ours...

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/tickets...g-resale-and-22-23-season-tickets/2022-07-29/

Palace now let you share with anyone if they have a purchase history ! Or “client reference number”
But only if you have a ST+ ticket (another £50)
OR if you have a normal ST ticket you can admittedly share for free but only with members (memberships are from £25-60)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If you wanted to share it 17 tines over a season with let’s say 4 different people. Then last season it would have cost each of them £25 to see 4-5 PL games using your ticket, assuming they are not already a member.. About a fiver a match.

I haven't got that many friends.

The ticket thing is personal and each of us will have an opinion, I understand the club wanting to maximise income but equally sharing tickets to people who have a marginal interest is a great way of maybe getting them to attend more often. Hopefully I will make quite a few more games this season so it will not be an issue for me personally.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I haven't got that many friends.

The ticket thing is personal and each of us will have an opinion, I understand the club wanting to maximise income but equally sharing tickets to people who have a marginal interest is a great way of maybe getting them to attend more often. Hopefully I will make quite a few more games this season so it will not be an issue for me personally.

Agreed. All the best. I hope you get to more games this season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I went to 2 home games MUFC & WHUFC.

My wife has no immune system following treatment for her cancer and has already been in ICU with COVID so we played it very safe . I didn't renew at the time as i hadn't made my mind up , I wanted to try a few games at end of season which came down to last 2 games. Too late for renewal.

We have had a lot of discussion about needing to live life and opening up post lockdown and getting a new ST ( close to where I originally was) was one of the actions. I had thought about just going on a game by game basis but really didn't want to end up travelling around and mainly getting poor viewing seats.

I will see what happens regards COVID and if necessary won't go.

That's fair enough, tough decisions but health has to come first. Hope you're able to get to more games this year.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
My nephew is 12 and has become football obsessed. His dad has no interest in football, so I'd like to take him to a few games to get him indoctrinated into the Albion.
I'm an MyAlbion +member so how do I go about buying him a ticket? Do I need to buy him a membership or can I buy the tickets through my account and email him the digital ticket?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Palace now let you share with anyone if they have a purchase history ! Or “client reference number”
But only if you have a ST+ ticket (another £50)
OR if you have a normal ST ticket you can admittedly share for free but only with members (memberships are from £25-60)

Right.

ALL Palace season ticket holders can share any ticket for free. At Brighton, we have a (still inexplicable) £20 charge.

Palace membership starts at £25 (adult) or £20 (kids). At Brighton, it's £34 (adults) or £24 (kids).

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Does the club need new customers? I bet if there was a straw poll, there would be quite a few people on this board who first went on to the match, for free, on a borrowed season ticket. I know (at Burnley) of one person who first went on borrowing my season ticket, and now she and her husband both have season tickets of their own.

Is it good business to make people pay through the nose for their first match? Might it not cause problems getting fans in, over a period of a few years?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Right.

ALL Palace season ticket holders can share any ticket for free. At Brighton, we have a (still inexplicable) £20 charge.

Palace membership starts at £25 (adult) or £20 (kids). At Brighton, it's £34 (adults) or £24 (kids).

Yes. But you have to watch Palace.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. But you have to watch Palace.

Easy to joke about it, but fact is, the Palace board very quickly reversed their cash-making season ticket sharing scheme when faced with protests from fans.

Our exec have dug in over the issue.

(I personally think it's reasonable that recipients of shared tickets should be members, but the membership fee is now too high. And charging STHers £20 to share is needless penny-pinching by the club).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Easy to joke about it, but fact is, the Palace board very quickly reversed their cash-making season ticket sharing scheme when faced with protests from fans.

Our exec have dug in over the issue.

(I personally think it's reasonable that recipients of shared tickets should be members, but the membership fee is now too high. And charging STHers £20 to share is needless penny-pinching by the club).

Palace have pulled back from an offer that was more far more expensive and onerous and pretty cheeky than the Albion and then ended up with a similar offer. But yes - there is no £20 fee if you share it with a fellow member.
Albion, after feedback, tweaked it slightly this season - you can also share "for free" with members but just for one game per season - satisfying many who might only want to use it as a one off because they go to most games. But yes everything else - they've kept pretty much intact.
The membership fee , at £34 is at the lower end of membership fees for PL clubs. (they nearly all have them now) but agreed I think the £20 fee should just be folded into the ST price. (which to be fair hasn't gone up in many seats for three years now. Which is the key fact in a discussion like this after all ...All Palace tickets went up by about £35 this year ! and they still make you watch Palace every week !
https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/season-...son-ticket-renewals-available-now/2022-05-31/

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you wanted to share it 17 tines over a season with let’s say 4 different people. Then last season it would have cost each of them £25 to see 4-5 PL games using your ticket, assuming they are not already a member.. About a fiver a match.

Plus whatever you charge them. My recipient has offered to play me around what it costs, so in effect I am not losing much and means they can get to the games when we are away, which will be a few this year. Joys of being early retired

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Palace have pulled back from an offer that was more far more expensive and onerous and pretty cheeky than the Albion and then ended up with a similar offer. But yes - there is no £20 fee if you share it with a fellow member.
Albion, after feedback, tweaked it slightly this season - you can also share "for free" with members but just for one game per season - satisfying many who might only want to use it as a one off because they go to most games. But yes everything else - they've kept pretty much intact.
The membership fee , at £34 is at the lower end of membership fees for PL clubs. (they nearly all have them now) but agreed I think the £20 fee should just be folded into the ST price. (which to be fair hasn't gone up in many seats for three years now. Which is the key fact in a discussion like this after all ...All Palace tickets went up by about £35 this year ! and they still make you watch Palace every week !
https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/season-...son-ticket-renewals-available-now/2022-05-31/

That wouldn’t be very fair on STH who don’t want to share their tickets who would be subsiding those that do. It would though reduce the moaning from those that are demanding that subsidy. Swings and roundabouts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In early Amex years, I would always leave my physical ST card with a trusted friend to pass to a trusted friend if I couldn't make a match. Never once crossed my mind to ask for money, never once crossed my mind that I wasn't actually doing the club a favour in terms of the person in my seat buying merch, sculling pints and basically enjoying a match they might not otherwise have been able to afford to attend. Always seemed like a win-win-win. I'm going to be away for the Palace game next month. Only cost-free option now to fill my seat is stick ticket on exchange. Might sell, might not. Long past caring anymore. Certainly won't be enabling monetization of my ST anymore than the absolute minimum required to fill the seat on the day

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So I'll ask the question again, why, if they're not prepared to pay for the membership, should they jump the queue for those that do.

They are not jumping the queue.and doing anybody the chance to buy a ticket. Tickets seem to be available to Albion members every game. Leeds for example about 1000 still available

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
[MENTION=159]Stumpy Tim[/MENTION] has nailed it. Get the shit Samsung out the man cupboard, load up Google wallet and pass the phone on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here