Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I am going around in circles re sharing my ST

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They are not jumping the queue.and doing anybody the chance to buy a ticket. Tickets seem to be available to Albion members every game. Leeds for example about 1000 still available

Only if you buy from the Exchange and thus sometimes only non discounted singles as most Albion games still sell out. There are now just under 600 tickets left for Leeds.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It is good that people who lack funds or cant go to many games have a sharing scheme so they can share the cost. for a ST.
When scheme came in PB said it was for following reasons Covid, Knowing who is attending, and not depriving Albion members chance to buy a ticket. None of these are now relevant. because I can buy a guest ticket without a name and there are always tickets available for members. We have to accept it is a an exercise to increase income and while in PL we have to like it or lump it.
To those who think club is right in making it expensive to hand ticket on for few times they cant attend I would say I very much doubt there are loads of people waiting to get a freebie. From my experience from ST holders I know, it is a great opportunity to invite someone who for Age, Health or finance reasons does not usually attend. I for example up until last season always managed to take an elderly ex colleague from his Rest Home once a season when somebody near me missed a game. These things are now not possible and as I said we have to like or lump it. Shame because it added to enjoyment of having a ST

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
But do you have the cash? If the club arbitrarily allow tickets to be transferred to anyone then that defeats the point of discounting season ticket prices. It also plays into the hands of people that will tout the ticket for profit.

I assume the £35 is albion membership so the question then is why should someone who is not willing to pay that jump the queue over those that have.

Category C game pricing
Zone A = £30
Zone B/C = £36
Zone D = £42
Zone F = £30
They are offering a £10 discount if a ST or my Albion+ member buys a ticket (up to 4)

So if the only game that someone may be looking to use that shared ticket (without assuming that the ST holder has already shared it once with someone else and wont have to pay the £20 to make their ticket sharable) then they will need a my Albion+ membership for £34 (and if in a more expensive age category to the ST, then an uplift will be payable too) which will be more than if the ST holder just buys them a match ticket and leaves their normal ST seat empty (Zone A = £20, B/C = £26 and D = £32, F = £20)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Category C game pricing
Zone A = £30
Zone B/C = £36
Zone D = £42
Zone F = £30
They are offering a £10 discount if a ST or my Albion+ member buys a ticket (up to 4)

So if the only game that someone may be looking to use that shared ticket (without assuming that the ST holder has already shared it once with someone else and wont have to pay the £20 to make their ticket sharable) then they will need a my Albion+ membership for £34 (and if in a more expensive age category to the ST, then an uplift will be payable too) which will be more than if the ST holder just buys them a match ticket and leaves their normal ST seat empty (Zone A = £20, B/C = £26 and D = £32, F = £20)

If you only use sharing once in a season it’s free. No £20 needed. A tweak Albion made for 22/23. But yes you still have to be a member …

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It is good that people who lack funds or cant go to many games have a sharing scheme so they can share the cost. for a ST.
When scheme came in PB said it was for following reasons Covid, Knowing who is attending, and not depriving Albion members chance to buy a ticket. None of these are now relevant. because I can buy a guest ticket without a name and there are always tickets available for members. We have to accept it is a an exercise to increase income and while in PL we have to like it or lump it.
To those who think club is right in making it expensive to hand ticket on for few times they cant attend I would say I very much doubt there are loads of people waiting to get a freebie. From my experience from ST holders I know, it is a great opportunity to invite someone who for Age, Health or finance reasons does not usually attend. I for example up until last season always managed to take an elderly ex colleague from his Rest Home once a season when somebody near me missed a game. These things are now not possible and as I said we have to like or lump it. Shame because it added to enjoyment of having a ST
Yes, but I wonder how much it is really worth to the club? In the PL the total gate receipts is on average only 13% of a club's income. (In Scotland it's 43%). So the total income from these ticket transfer fees is, in terms of our overall revenue, absolutely bugger all. So why do the club (and others) do it when the sums involved are, for them, so tiny? Is it to act as a deterrent?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If you only use sharing once in a season it’s free. No £20 needed. A tweak Albion made for 22/23. But yes you still have to be a member …

And in regards to the point i was making from the person who will be using the ticket? Do they get a free use of that ticket too without needing a membership for that free 1 off that ST holders get? or do they need to pay the My Albion+ fee regardless, and if they have to pay it, then my point above is correct and that the ST holder would be better off buying a normal match day ticket and letting their ticket go to waste than paying for a My Albion+ membership for / by the other person (some people used to pass on their ticket to family members when they couldn't make it f.o.c. so in this example, it would cost more to pass it on than by buying a new non st matchday ticket)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Most stupid thing is if you want to give your ticket to someone on a sold out game. Buy your own ticket on exchange and ticket will only cost about a fiver

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And in regards to the point i was making from the person who will be using the ticket? Do they get a free use of that ticket too without needing a membership for that free 1 off that ST holders get? or do they need to pay the My Albion+ fee regardless, and if they have to pay it, then my point above is correct and that the ST holder would be better off buying a normal match day ticket and letting their ticket go to waste than paying for a My Albion+ membership for / by the other person (some people used to pass on their ticket to family members when they couldn't make it f.o.c. so in this example, it would cost more to pass it on than by buying a new non st matchday ticket)

I literally said you still have to be a member ! So agreed. Yes. If for the remaining 17 games of the season they wouldn’t use their A+ membership for anything else . (Presumably they’d go once and never want to go again !!)

But yes Then that’s a cheaper option. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here