Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I am going around in circles re sharing my ST

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So why should you get the benefit of a ticket at season ticket prices?

ST prices are reduced to recognize the commitment by an individual to attend games, not a commitment by a syndicate! In the past it was relatively easy to skirt the rules by just giving someone your paper ticket or your ST card but clubs are more able to enforce now we are in the digital age.

I suspect it won't be long before away tickets are also digital.

My season ticket was unused for 14 games last season , empty seats are not good for anyone had I handed it on to someone then they might have bought a couple of beers. Not everyone can afford £40-£50 for a match ticket. The club has had the money once why try to screw the pips as well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A business contact has for years had 2 West Ham STs one in his name and one in his brothers. On 2nd ticket he takes different people and usually me for Brighton game. Last week he told me West Ham announced they were going fully digital. Because of protest they than compromised by saying any over 65s could still have a card. Apparently there were still protest and club now let any ST holder have a card. It must be true because I used his card for the Brighton game.

Unless their FAQs are wrong then Like the Albion , you can request a physical card at WHU- (I guess that’s what your friend did) and the club will give them out on a “case by case basis” . It’s obviously against the Ts and Cs to let someone else use it.
https://www.whufc.com/digital-ticketing-matchdays

To share your ticket digitally - it has to be with another WHU member (£40).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My season ticket was unused for 14 games last season , empty seats are not good for anyone had I handed it on to someone then they might have bought a couple of beers. Not everyone can afford £40-£50 for a match ticket. The club has had the money once why try to screw the pips as well.

And for how many of those games did you list it on the exchange?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Unless their FAQs are wrong then Like the Albion , you can request a physical card at WHU- (I guess that’s what your friend did) and the club will give them out on a “case by case basis” . It’s obviously against the Ts and Cs to let someone else use it.
https://www.whufc.com/digital-ticketing-matchdays

To share your ticket digitally - it has to be with another WHU member (£40).

Appreciate against T @ Cs ( which of course clubs can change ) but he definitely has 2 physical cards like he has for years and at the moment club turns a blind eye. He said they allowed ST cards on request because 1000s protested
I told him Brighton want to charge people who have cards and he said will never get away with that at West Ham. Just a shame I cant return the favour and invite him to Amex to a seat near us

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Some people don't necessarily have the cash, in which case why can't a family member lend them their ticket for the day? The fact that the loanee has to pay 35 quid does seem unreasonable seeing as the ticket has already been paid for.

But do you have the cash? If the club arbitrarily allow tickets to be transferred to anyone then that defeats the point of discounting season ticket prices. It also plays into the hands of people that will tout the ticket for profit.

I assume the £35 is albion membership so the question then is why should someone who is not willing to pay that jump the queue over those that have.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
But do you have the cash? If the club arbitrarily allow tickets to be transferred to anyone then that defeats the point of discounting season ticket prices. It also plays into the hands of people that will tout the ticket for profit.

I assume the £35 is albion membership so the question then is why should someone who is not willing to pay that jump the queue over those that have.

The £35 membership is the issue. A match day ticket can be as cheap as £30.

I'm not necessarily arguing for a ticket sharing free-for-all but a bit more flexibility and lower cost wouldn't go amiss.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

They aren't the only two options though? Pass it on or empty seats. You can sell the ticket on the exchange. Someone happily uses the seat for the expected cost of a one off purchase, the seat gets used and the club get the extra bunce.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Appreciate against T @ Cs ( which of course clubs can change ) but he definitely has 2 physical cards like he has for years and at the moment club turns a blind eye. He said they allowed ST cards on request because 1000s protested
I told him Brighton want to charge people who have cards and he said will never get away with that at West Ham. Just a shame I cant return the favour and invite him to Amex to a seat near us

West Ham have got away with charging £5 for a coke and their membership fees are 20% higher than ours so I wonder. PS: If you want to invite away fans to sit in the home end then not surprised it’s not easy !!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
They aren't the only two options though? Pass it on or empty seats. You can sell the ticket on the exchange. Someone happily uses the seat for the expected cost of a one off purchase, the seat gets used and the club get the extra bunce.

it sold 3 out of 17 times that i put it up. Club continues to sell seats in peripheral areas at a premium price while #decent seats like mine were empty ( i accept that selling singular tickets is not good for many people) BUT there are plenty of people who can't afford the £35-£50 ticket it would have been good to have given the seat who can't afford it and would enjoy it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a STH, and bought a "guest" ticket for a Spurs-supporting mate yesterday (£52 in the WSU). I could've bought 2 but there were no other takers. He's not an Albion+ member. Wasn't sure how this would work, but once I'd purchased it, they sent me an email with a link to download the ticket onto GPay or the Apple Wallet. I just forwarded that to him and bobs been knobbing.

I appreciate this is different from sharing your season ticket for a game or several. But its very straightforward if someone wants to come for the odd game, although I guess I can only do this twice.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
it sold 3 out of 17 times that i put it up. Club continues to sell seats in peripheral areas at a premium price while #decent seats like mine were empty ( i accept that selling singular tickets is not good for many people) BUT there are plenty of people who can't afford the £35-£50 ticket it would have been good to have given the seat who can't afford it and would enjoy it.

If you wanted to share it 17 tines over a season with let’s say 4 different people. Then last season it would have cost each of them £25 to see 4-5 PL games using your ticket, assuming they are not already a member.. About a fiver a match.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

If you only went to one game last year, did you renew this year?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If you wanted to share it 17 tines over a season with let’s say 4 different people. Then last season it would have cost each of them £25 to see 4-5 PL games using your ticket, assuming they are not already a member.. About a fiver a match.

But this year they have to fork out even more.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If you only went to one game last year, did you renew this year?

I went to 2 home games MUFC & WHUFC.

My wife has no immune system following treatment for her cancer and has already been in ICU with COVID so we played it very safe . I didn't renew at the time as i hadn't made my mind up , I wanted to try a few games at end of season which came down to last 2 games. Too late for renewal.

We have had a lot of discussion about needing to live life and opening up post lockdown and getting a new ST ( close to where I originally was) was one of the actions. I had thought about just going on a game by game basis but really didn't want to end up travelling around and mainly getting poor viewing seats.

I will see what happens regards COVID and if necessary won't go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here