Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia starting to get frustrated

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Which is why Bloom probably signed them. They dont want a manger like Poyet having control wanting to spend money. I would rather have a manager like A Poyet who has a vision of the players he wants and put his team together.

I can see your point but surely it should be a joint effort ....the managers job is to manage what they have and get the best out of those resources!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The board need to pull their fingers out and getting spending. They havnt backed the managers for 3 seasons now, it seems they are happy with us just staying in this league and making a profit. I dont think we will even make the playoffs this year the way things are looking.
Just for the record can you highlight in the published acounts for the last three seasons where we have made a profit? Secondly just provide some proven examples of the club not backing the manager. The club is a hard nosed, tough negotiating, organisation that will not spend money they dont have for overpriced players, thats not, not backing a manager...thats business.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
From his contacts from the German league and cup matches, im still hoping for some German, ruthless striker that ive never heard of...although a ****z would be nice,..and will play havoic with the NSC swear filter....that loads of people on NSC will know all about.
Has anybody ever predicted a signing? They always seem to be people completely out of the blue.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just for the record can you highlight in the published acounts for the last three seasons where we have made a profit? Secondly just provide some proven examples of the club not backing the manager. The club is a hard nosed, tough negotiating, organisation that will not spend money they dont have for overpriced players, thats not, not backing a manager...thats business.

It's also a strategy destined to cause more managerial departures and bound to make us less appealing to quality manager replacements. In short, it is ill-thought-out. A balance must be struck. The purse strings must be loosened (and, no, I don't mean to silly-spending bankruptcy-bound levels; there is a middle ground).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Is it just me that cant actually see where he is actually getting frustrated ? Just says that he wants more players, which is fair enough and pretty obvious anyway.....

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I can see your point but surely it should be a joint effort ....the managers job is to manage what they have and get the best out of those resources!

I agree it should be a joint effort, and also scouts to. But the manager should tell the board, 'look I want this player do your best to sign him', once the manager has got his team, like you say its then his job to get the most out the team. I dont understand some teams telling the manager heres who we are buying make it work.

We have received about 14mil as posted on here from the sales Ulloa, Bridders and Barnes and spent only 500k so far. I dont care about the politics, clearly 'we' want to keep making playoffs or sneak into the Prem on the bare minimum, which is fine if we can do it, but the reality is that very rarely happens.

We give outstanding support ticket wise, filling out over 25,000 every week something clubs in the Championship dont do, so the fans wanna see names coming in, because if we drop to a mid table/bottom half team, I can guaranty the fans will soon drop off, we have to be competing for playoffs minimum, and we are not going to at this rate.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just found this, worth a chuckle:

"Brighton owner Tony bloom has had to talk new manager Sami Hypiea out of quitting due to a difference in views on signing new players. A few transfers have not gone through due to the loose ends not being tied up leaving Hypiea furious and telling bloom he will quit."

By brightonmark1234 on http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/brighton-rumours.php

I presume this would be an imposter and not the real brightonmark1234 we see on here.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's also a strategy destined to cause more managerial departures and bound to make us less appealing to quality manager replacements. In short, it is ill-thought-out. A balance must be struck. The purse strings must be loosened (and, no, I don't mean to silly-spending bankruptcy-bound levels; there is a middle ground).

It's all very well for fans to say this sort of thing but the reality is why should Bloom spend any more of his money on the club. Especially when all the fans do is moan all the time. To be honest, if I was TB and I read NSC, I would wonder why I bothered. So many ungrateful fans willing to spend his money when he's already spent well over £120 million on a stadium, training ground, new players etc.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Is it just me that cant actually see where he is actually getting frustrated ? Just says that he wants more players, which is fair enough and pretty obvious anyway.....

No, you're definitely wrong. Blue and white tinted spectacles etc etc. You can't say anything that is in any way positive.

Although, you are completely right. It's a completely pointless story from an interview after a pre season friendly. It says nothing much but has now resulted in 12 pages, mainly moaning about the club.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's all very well for fans to say this sort of thing but the reality is why should Bloom spend any more of his money on the club. Especially when all the fans do is moan all the time. To be honest, if I was TB and I read NSC, I would wonder why I bothered. So many ungrateful fans willing to spend his money when he's already spent well over £120 million on a stadium, training ground, new players etc.

This. It's sickening how entitled some people are being.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I am not sure that a policy that has seen us get £8m+ for Ulloa, set to be within FFP targets and got us to the playoffs twice in two seasons is ill thought out. The club have always said the money is their but they wont be held to ransom, no player, agent or other club will put us in a position that jeopardises our financial stability.

Do people think Bloom is in the boardroom with a pile of cash saying 'mine, all mine...and your not having any of it sammi'?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

I watched the interview he gave on Wednesday after the game and although I except he's no Poyet and I don't expect him to scream and shout, his whole demeanour and body language came over as looking completely fed up and disillusioned. For nearly the whole match too he just sat in the dug out and left Nathan to bark the orders from the sidelines. At the moment he's making Oscar look like a hyperactive child.

With 2 weeks to go I for one would have thought he would give the air of excitement and looking forward to the season but for me his interview smacked of 'oh shit, what have I let myself in for'.

Come on Sammi - show some more enthusiasm please.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Our Tony must have exceptional skills in bluffing, or are potential managers all so gullible.
We know how things happen at Brighton by now.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I watched the interview he gave on Wednesday after the game and although I except he's no Poyet and I don't expect him to scream and shout, his whole demeanour and body language came over as looking completely fed up and disillusioned. For nearly the whole match too he just sat in the dug out and left Nathan to bark the orders from the sidelines. At the moment he's making Oscar look like a hyperactive child.

With 2 weeks to go I for one would have thought he would give the air of excitement and looking forward to the season but for me his interview smacked of 'oh shit, what have I let myself in for'.

Come on Sammi - show some more enthusiasm please.

FFS what is wrong with you? :facepalm:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It is truly unbelievable. Ours is what a well run club with tight finances looks like. If you want to see one that splashes the cash to overreach, take an hours drive West down the A27.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

This isn’t entirely true, of course he put money on the table to save his local club, but to own a football club is kudos in the world of wealthy people.

If we do get to the Prem, he would start getting his money back. If we produce a Gareth Bale he will be quids in, or if he sold the club at the right time he would get a massive payout.

Bloom is not throwing money down the drain it is a business investment, that if not sold, will be handed down through his family in years to come.

We should also not forget that the fans pay about £20m each year to subsidise the club. By the end of this season, the fans spend will have been around £80m since we arrived at the Amex, so he has got to get the balance right because fans want to see good football and get value for their money, and more than that, fans need hope and hold the belief that this season will be our season.

The club's strategy on paper looks perfect, but in reality it has flaws with the message it is sending out to players we need.

I would much prefer the club to be honest and say that we are looking to consolidate in the Championship and wait for Academy players to come through. As it stands unless we get some major movement in transfers, we will finish below Bournemouth who can only boast a 12,000 home gate.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
This isn’t entirely true, of course he put money on the table to save his local club, but to own a football club is kudos in the world of wealthy people.

If we do get to the Prem, he would start getting his money back. If we produce a Gareth Bale he will be quids in, or if he sold the club at the right time he would get a massive payout.

Bloom is not throwing money down the drain it is a business investment, that if not sold, will be handed down through his family in years to come.

We should also not forget that the fans pay about £20m each year to subsidise the club. By the end of this season, the fans spend will have been around £80m since we arrived at the Amex, so he has got to get the balance right because fans want to see good football and get value for their money, and more than that, fans need hope and hold the belief that this season will be our season.

The club's strategy on paper looks perfect, but in reality it has flaws with the message it is sending out to players we need.

I would much prefer the club to be honest and say that we are looking to consolidate in the Championship and wait for Academy players to come through. As it stands unless we get some major movement in transfers, we will finish below Bournemouth who can only boast a 12,000 home gate.

Spot on !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here