Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia Has Accepted The Brighton Job...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Looks like he could still do a job...

I read a comment from someone from Bayer Leverkusen that his coaching approach was very "hands-on", and that he still looked good enough to play at the highest level. That might have been a couple of years ago, though, but even so........

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Looking forward to this, will expect he'll take a bit of time to get used to the championship. One thing in our favour is he played a similar system with the two wingers and a big man up front (Stefan Kießling) at Leverkusen. Hopefully this means we'll be more stubborn over Ulloa.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
the appointment of hyypia is a brave move, lot of people saying its fantastic, but lets face it no one really has a clue about him as a manager. I for one think its worth ago ,Palace gave Coppell a chance and that worked out well. the likes of Sherwood etc were never going to go to the albion due to money and seems lack of control over transfers if what said on here is to be believed. so people should stop trying to work him out just on figures and hearsay and see how he gets on, good luck to him

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Greers days could be numbered.

What's with the hostility to Greer? He has been one of the key players in our transformation from League One strugglers to Championship playoff contenders and central to our shift to playing out from the back and patient possession football - not as demonstrative a centre back captain as Danny Cullip, for example, but certainly one who is always up for the fight and quietly influential as well as being an accomplished player in his own right - hence Oscar sticking with him as captain and his late emergence as an international. Gus, Oscar and Strachan clearly see the qualities that a vocal minority of Albion fans (those who seem to get more pleasure from slagging off their personal hate figures than supporting the team - if it's not GG, it'll be someone else) cannot. Of course he can't go on for ever, but he will be a tough player to replace.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
One thing in our favour is he played a similar system with the two wingers and a big man up front (Stefan Kießling) at Leverkusen. Hopefully this means we'll be more stubborn over Ulloa.

Or put a cheeky bid in for Herr Kießling? Unlikely I suppose, but you never know. He's 30, so you'd get another 2 to 3 years from him at the top level I would have thought. His goal rate is just under 1 in 2. Not that I want to see Ulloa go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here