Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia Has Accepted The Brighton Job...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Exactly, should have been a clean sweep and let the new manager bring in his own staff or does Jones speak FINNISH as well as SPANISH ?

Probably easier than deciphering some of your posts

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Perspective, we now have the manger who has led his team to 3th & 4th in the Bundesliga. He's not going to be crap and would appear to have arguably more experience at managing at a high level than our previous two mangers.

Thank you. Some people are saying on here that they're underwhelmed. I'm overwhelmed. And this is because Hyypia not only has led a team to the top handful of places in a league that was then superior to the Premier League, but he's also managed at Champions League level. And he had a win rate of over 50%. Congratulations to Tony and Paul for persuading him to come here.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Thank you. Some people are saying on here that they're underwhelmed. I'm overwhelmed. And this is because Hyypia not only has led a team to the top handful of places in a league that was then superior to the Premier League, but he's also managed at Champions League level. And he had a win rate of over 50%. Congratulations to Tony and Paul for persuading him to come here.
At least we now seem to accept we are just a Championship side so lets not put pressure on the new manager to gain promotion,we are comfortable in our present league.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yep this. Very pleased we pulled this off. It's super exciting.......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I repeat based on what? I think we all have an opinion on how well BHA pay, mine perhaps based on our player recruitment & retention in January. That by the way is not his fault, but other teams don't just let players go or go on loan because we have a bloke who once played in the premiership as manager.

I repeat, no. There is a history of players being bought from or loaned from clubs where the manager had played for a long time & kept good relations or other connections e.g.
Steve Bruce @ Sunderland - Campbell, O'Shea & Brown. Welbeck on loan.
Darren Ferguson @ Preston - Borrowed some of dad's players, who famously pulled them out when his son got sacked.
Zola @ Watford - McEachran & Chalobah

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I repeat, no. There is a history of players being bought from or loaned from clubs where the manager had played for a long time & kept good relations or other connections e.g.
Steve Bruce @ Sunderland - Campbell, O'Shea & Brown. Welbeck on loan.
Darren Ferguson @ Preston - Borrowed some of dad's players, who famously pulled them out when his son got sacked.
Zola @ Watford - McEachran & Chalobah

Don't even try to let facts get in the way of Arrid's miserable and baseless assertions.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Isn't 54% the number for his full stint of two years. 51% for when he was alone as manager. No?

Not sure. I'm sure SSN will show the graphic again. Still pretty good though eh?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hyppias philosophy :

I liked the idea that you "play the game in your head",
"It doesn't matter whether you are fast or slow if you can read the game."

An intelligent attitude.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Welcome to the Albion Sami. You're gonna be a very busy man in the next several weeks - you have a squad to build, but some very good players (at our level) to get you started. You have a chance to be a legend by taking us to the promised land. In the words of our kit sponsors "Just do it".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here