[News] Huw Edwards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thankfully the circularisation of these awful tabloids is decreasing markedly, so why is it that the likes of the BBC, ITV and Sky take their cue on the news agenda from the front pages of these rags?

Rubbish about Prince Andrew, Prince Harry, Meghan, Schofield, Huw Edwards, Love Island rats, affairs on Strictly - none of it really matters one jot. This is not news, it is "entertainment" in the same way that people used to attend public hangings or throw rotten fruit and vegetables at folk in the stocks for their "entertainment".

I find myself looking at social media posts from friends alluding to Huw Edwards' identity and his private antics and just thinking we should be beyond this shit, in the same way that casual racism and casual homophobia is not acceptable any more.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I actually had my money on this guy…

IMG_1119.png

Looks guilty.

Guess I was wrong.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Should we really care? It its a police matter let them deal with it. If not well it sounds all a bit sordid but that's between him and his wife and doesn't seem particularly news worthy.
Precisely.

Unless you're one of the scumfucks working at The Sun. Apparently.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The police have concluded there is no evidence of criminality.

You might want to delete your libellous comment that he paid for pics of young boys.
That isn’t criminal but that is what happened .

It makes him a massive wrongen

If he’s into this sort of thing while married. You have to suspect it’s the tip of the iceberg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Sun is a filthy rag that should have been closed down after the Hillsborough coverage, maybe now it will finally see its time. However pretty much all mainstream media have covered this story, it has been the main story and headline on BBC, ITV, C4, C5 news for nearly a week now, as was Schofield before and whilst no criminality has happened, and maybe it's just me, i do find it a bit disturbing of a bloke in his 60's using his wealth and in a position of power to pay young still impressionable adults large sums of money to get their kit off. It appears it's not just this one person either from what I read on the BBC website. No doubt he will now get a big pay off from the BBC through taxpayers money. Nobody comes out of this particularly well.
What’s taxpayers’ money got to do with it? The BBC is not paid for through tax.
licence fee payers’ money if anything.
I wouldn’t assume he will get a big pay-off. Could possibly just as easily get summarily dismissed for gross misconduct. But I trust they will take his health and mental state in to consideration.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
16 yrs old or 17, or 45 yes old. Man, boy, woman, girl.

People can be vulnerable and open to exploitation at any age. There is such a thing as safeguarding adults.

f*** knows what Edwards has been up to. I’m not commenting on that individual case.

I would, in general, question the acquisition of explicit photographs from young people by influential, well off, authority figures.

There are always questions and concerns of morality and coercion in such occurrences and I hope that wherever they occur they are not just investigated legally but ethically. And with a focus on safeguarding and welfare of all concerned.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The police have concluded there is no evidence of criminality.

You might want to delete your libellous comment that he paid for pics of young boys.
One of the worst aspects of all this was the way the bbc star (who we now know is Huw Edwards) was compared to saville and called the worst kind of paedophile . Plus there was all the unfounded speculation of who it was, with names named.
Where did this happen? On social media of course.
Twitter and the like can be added to the list of people/institutions that come out of this badly - sadly the thick, pitchfork mentality of the social media masses is a reflection of modern day society.
As a great man once said “Everyone has an opinion. Unfortunately“.
I say great man. It was Graham Potter. Former great.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Putting The Sun to one side, filthy rag.

The BBC have reopened the investigation into Huw Edwards and are exploring claims by several staff at BBC that have made accusations of threatening and unpleasant correspondence regarding this kind of behaviour.

That’s my understanding of what was reported in the R4 news just now.
Not quite.

The employer will of course mount an investigation. He may have done nothing illegal but there are issues of propriety and judgement. It looks like he lacks judgement (albeit nobody is claiming thy have shagged him - yet).

When someone he met online changed their mind about meeting, then told Edwards they fancied bragging on social media they had turned down a date with the famous Huw Edwards, he sent aggressive abusive correspondence. The 'me-too'ers are looming on the horizon. Surprisingly few and surprisingly modest levels of outrage so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports