[News] Huw Edwards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Very hard to know what’s true or not with the gutter press - if the basis of it is true it’s only come to light cos of Scholfield and isn’t great but also isn’t illegal.

Either way, these papers with their non important witch hunts have learned nothing from what they did to Caroline Flack at all.
It’s mostly untrue though isn’t it? I mean on balance, over the years. They get so much spectacularly wrong and/or misrepresented.

I’m still thinking of Kelvin MacKenzie presiding over the infamous “scousers pissing on their dead at Hillsborough” the day after. Unforgivable really.

Anyone that buys that rag needs their head looking at. I’ve never understood why people do. Seriously alarming it was the most popular paper, no idea if still is? You’ve got to have shit for brains if you do.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s mostly untrue though isn’t it? I mean on balance, over the years. They get so much spectacularly wrong and/or misrepresented.

I’m still thinking of Kelvin MacKenzie presiding over the infamous “scousers pissing on their dead at Hillsborough” the day after. Unforgivable really.

Anyone that buys that rag needs their head looking at. I’ve never understood why people do. Seriously alarming it was the most popular paper, no idea if still is? You’ve got to have shit for brains if you do.
The same country that voted for Brexit - doesn’t surprise me! Yeh I think there’s no credibility in any of the tabloid newspapers’ story % of truth myself.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would it not be the son's mother who sent to The Sun with the false story being targeted?
The Sun published it and seemingly ignored evidence it was false. They’re well and truly in the firing line.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well, the police have said nothing illegal happened, which isn't what the sun said.

I suspect he/they will sue the scumbags, if up to it.
Every mention of the ‘alleged victim’ in that scum rag labels the person in their early 20’s as a ‘child’ or ‘youngster’. It’s absolutely abhorrent, especially as the person in question has called out the story as BS.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What was he thinking being a high profile figure induging in this pervy behaviour.
Social media was always a risk it would come out to the media.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saw his name floating around the other night on Twitter and wasn't overly surprised to turn on the 10pm news last night to see Rita anchoring, when Huw usually covers most if not all the midweek broadcasts.

To be honest I've always preferred your Clive Myries and Rageh Omaars, proper journalists who actually go out in the field and report from dangerous warzones, before returning home and then getting back behind a shiny desk in the studio - they don't just sit on their arses in Manchester reading an autocue. As far as I can gather, the most dangerous place Edwards has ventured to is The Mall, when there's some tedious royal shindig to present on.

The inevitable pile-on is going to be unpleasant. He clearly has some serious issues he has to work through with his wife and family, but will not be afforded the privacy to do so. He reads out the news and commentates on people riding on horses, and does it well enough, but he appears to have made his own bed now and will have to lie in it.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
South Wales police say they have ended their inquiries into the matter.

The force said a meeting with the BBC and Met police earlier this week led to them carrying out fresh inquiries.

They first decided in April no offence had been committed.

After the Met announcement on Wednesday, South Wales police said they had reached the same conclusion.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
How’s it been a stitch up? Did he message the girls ?
Did he met one during lockdown?
What has it got to do with you, or any of us, if he did?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I, like most, don't know anything about this case except that the police say nothing illegal has happened.

All I do know is that my heart genuinely sinks when I see a copy of The Sun in someone's hand.

It is publication which exists to stimulate the sewers of humanity.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I genuinely hope this ends the Sun. It’s been a fact free campaign of persecution with the Sun weaselling back away from their initial accusations and desperately digging around for some fresh dirt on the guy after they realised their initial stories were nonsense.

They are a disgrace to the British media landscape.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What was he thinking being a high profile figure induging in this pervy behaviour.
Social media was always a risk it would come out to the media.
With the proviso that nobody knows what he actually did, yes, the risk of it becoming public was high. Social media is a cesspit and impossible to control but it doesn’t follow that mainstream media have to turn private relationships between adults into a scandal.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don’t think they’ll be happy and stop until he has killed himself.

The intrusion into his life has been vile and disgusting, up there with the demonisation of Liverpool etc. The very worst of the right wing press powered by an innate hatred of the BBC (because they are overwhelmingly made up of the educated classes).

I wish Huw all the best and hope he recovers soon.
People buy this shit.
Social media as full of speculation

People are lascivious and they create the demand. You get the press you deserve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports