Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hunting ban 'set to be repealed'

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Baroness Mallalieu ,Baroness Golding and Kate Hoey Mp are probably most vocal labour supporters also supporters of fox hunting.

Thanks, appreciate those two but thought the post was suggesting there were quite a few.

It's issues like these that make you wonder that, whether post election, there should be a referendum on each of the points in the winning parties manifesto. A list that you just vote yes or no for each item. Seems that a party that wins a majority takes that as green flag to do anything they want, ignoring the fact that those that voted for them might not actually agree with everything in their manifesto.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have read in the papers and heard on the news of many instances, too many to recount.. As I said perhaps a more humane method of culling these worthless animals can be found. Perhaps all those in favour of keeping them alive can tell me what good purpose they serve that I am unaware of.. Why is it that it appears country people want to be rid of them but townies dont.
Are foxes worthless? They have their place in the food chain. They feast on mice for a start. Do you like mice?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No, can't you read...........

Are you five years old?

But that's exactly what you ARE claiming. You said the time spent passing the ban by the government could have been used to prevent 7/7.

How am I being childish?

This place is insane sometimes.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Thanks, appreciate those two but thought the post was suggesting there were quite a few.

It's issues like these that make you wonder that, whether post election, there should be a referendum on each of the points in the winning parties manifesto. A list that you just vote yes or no for each item. Seems that a party that wins a majority takes that as green flag to do anything they want, ignoring the fact that those that voted for them might not actually agree with everything in their manifesto.

Three

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Name: Harold Frederick Shipman
Born: 14 January 1946
Birthplace: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England

Harold Frederick Shipman was a British doctor and one of the most prolific serial killers in recorded history.

On 31 January 2000, a jury found Shipman guilty of 15 murders. He was sentenced to life imprisonment and the judge recommended that he never be released.

The Shipman Inquiry concluded he was probably responsible for about 250 deaths.

But hey, at least he was one of our own. :rave: :banana: :O :cheery:

I will see your Harold Shipman, and raise you the 1200 deaths from South Staffordshire NHS Trust.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/...shire-nhs-trust-inquiry-report-published-live

God save the NHS.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

Yes but isn`t it the perceived insanity of others that makes it fun............It`s the nitwits on here that make it fun...if we were all intellectual scholars what a boring place NSC would be..:yawn::yawn:

How much enjoyment would you get if everyone said "you`re right Nibble" :clap2: "you`re right Nibble" :clap2: "you`re right Nibble" :clap2:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes but isn`t it the perceived insanity of others that makes it fun............It`s the nitwits on here that make it fun...if we were all intellectual scholars got what a boring place NSC would be..:yawn::yawn:

How much enjoyment would you get if everyone said "you`re right Nibble" :clap2: "you`re right Nibble" :clap2: "you`re right Nibble" :clap2:

Well quite. I do repeat that to myself quite a lot. Then I sit on the end of my bed and cry.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

There are actually three on the board of the alliance, and there are most definitely more in the House of Commons on the left side. If you recall there was plenty of protest against the ban citing jobs, livehoods and general way of life in the countryside being eroded or lost. They are not all true blue Home Counties people, hunts operate all over the UK, and plenty were protesting on about how their lives would be ruined or damaged irreparably. Let's just hope that when the vote is counted that more decent people than not (regardless of the party they represent) vote to uphold the ban, and in fact to start enforcing it.

I agree with you other points though, let the voting public endorse the points on the manifesto with referenda after the election.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Can see them now, scarlet jackets riding segways down Acacia Avenue!!

When you dig a hole, you just can't stop digging can you. This and subsequent posts don't do you an favours. Suggest you stick to posting about transfers based on a rumours web site!

The SNP have indicated that they might consider voting which could put the kibosh on the Tory plan.

You are very sad. Shame you use the death of 52 people in a trivial way.

A quote from the Countryside Alliance website.

Our vision
for the countryside which both preserves its traditional values and promotes a thriving rural community and economy; a countryside open to sustainable use by all; a countryside where rural communities have equal access to those facilities and services enjoyed in urban communities; a countryside where people can pursue their businesses, activities and lives according to the dictates of their own conscience in a society that appreciates and understands their way of life.

So, as long as the individual has no conscience then they can do anything they like. Marvellous.

Well, the facts are that Labour spent huge amounts of Parliamentary time in the lat 90s up to 2004 banning fox hunting which would not be on most of the electorate's top 10 issues.

I didn't think it warranted the time then, and feel the same way about this proposal now.

However people whining about the tories plans now after Labour spent the time they did banning it is laughable.

Time will tell whether the time they spend on this minor point of political detail can be linked back to other policy failures, as it will no doubt will by some of the hypocrites on here.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
But that's exactly what you ARE claiming. You said the time spent passing the ban by the government could have been used to prevent 7/7.

How am I being childish?

No doubt, read what I posted..........I could have added any number of Labour failures that they were involved in that could have benefitted from more parliamentary time compared to banning fox hunting.

Failure to regulate the banks for example, they readily admitted that they failed to do that..........or ending boom and bust, how did that end up?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Not sure you got my point. I was countering your apparent assertion that only immigrants are capable of such misdemeanours.

I never made the assertion, merely used today's story about how the NHS failed to check a Filipino migrant's background to work in the NHS and then kill over 20 patients as an example of how parliamentary time was wasted by the fox hunting debate when there was more important things for Governments to do.

If our country had nothing more important than fox hunting (ban it/don't ban it) then fine, however it isn't, so relatively speaking it will always be a waste of time to anyone but the most partisan.

For me there are bigger fish to fry.......

http://www.ncas.nhs.uk/news/ncas-calls-for-better-support-for-doctors-qualifying-outside-the-uk/

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I never made the assertion, merely used today's story about how the NHS failed to check a Filipino migrant's background to work in the NHS and then kill over 20 patients as an example of how parliamentary time was wasted by the fox hunting debate when there was more important things for Governments to do.

If our country had nothing more important than fox hunting (ban it/don't ban it) then fine, however it isn't, so relatively speaking it will always be a waste of time to anyone but the most partisan.

For me there are bigger fish to fry.......

http://www.ncas.nhs.uk/news/ncas-calls-for-better-support-for-doctors-qualifying-outside-the-uk/

Look, lets get the fox hunting back on first, then we can deal with the immigrant nurse murderers after that is done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here