Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hunting ban 'set to be repealed'

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think that this is more a question of working people being jealous of those that can afford the horses etc for hunting.than the safeguard of foxes.

I think we're on the same wave length here, whenever i see a fox i think i bloody wish i had a horse then you wouldn't be so smug. :-/

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very true. However, I think I'm correct in saying that this proposal was not to be found in the Tory manifesto. In which case, I wonder how many of those who voted Tory knew that this was among the things they were voting for?

It was in the Conservative election manifesto. There was a "twitterstorm" to highlight the fact in the run up to the election but it was derided as left wing propaganda by the Blue Tweet Brigade even though it was true.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think we're on the same wave length here, whenever i see a fox i think i bloody wish i had a horse then you wouldn't be so smug. :-/

I personally agree, also think that only rich people can afford horses to go hunting with in the first place and therefore horses should be banned too.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Sir Barney White-Spunner, executive chairman of the Countryside Alliance, said: “We are looking forward to the Government delivering its manifesto commitment to a vote on repeal that we think will be won. The Hunting Act has been a farce from the start and even Tony Blair has admitted that it was a mistake. The new Parliament has an opportunity to right a wrong that was done 10 years ago and we are confident that MPs will take it”.

Sir Barney White-Spunner - Military background, Eton, University of St. Andrews. You can't make this stuff up!

Politically, if the Tories repeal the law it will lose them votes and lose them goodwill with the electorate. They have so little to gain and so much more to lose. Worryingly, if the public turn against the government they could turn the EU referendum into a vote against the government. Cameron will no doubt declare he wants to STAY, the worry is this will influence some floating voters to vote LEAVE.

Personally, I'm against hunting but what hacks me off more is how the issue crystallises old political extremes and wastes valuable parliamentary time. If the Tories undo the ban on hunting then they're basically saying we're a party of the rich.

I hope people are beginning to realise just how the Lib Dems were keeping this bunch of chancers in check.

It's all very well lamenting the parliamentary time wasted on this largely pointless debate, however the Tories have yet to come even close to the masses of time spent by Labour banning it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1846577.stm

For most people I suspect that they would have wanted the Government back in that time to focus on more important issues at that time that may have prevented 7/7 or controlling immigration so nut cases don't get jobs in the NHS.

I may be wrong of course.........bless those lovely foxy woxies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's all very well lamenting the parliamentary time wasted on this largely pointless debate, however the Tories have yet to come even close to the masses of time spent by Labour banning it.

For most people I suspect that they would have wanted the Government back in that time to focus on more important issues at that time that may have prevented 7/7 or controlling immigration so nut cases don't get jobs in the NHS.

Is that the sound of straws I can hear being clutched?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

So you're claiming that the fox hunting ban indirectly lead to bombs being set off by terrorists in London. Are you on glue?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I flat out don't believe many "regular" folk go hunting in this fashion. I can only go from my own experience which is not exhaustive but neither is it too limited to form an opinion. There was a hunt run across my boarding school for years, a bird I went out with was a fox hunter, she was from a very wealthy background but had a hair or two growing out of one of her nipples and it reminded me of a pork scratching so she had to go. The hunt that tried to use my land were all posh, highly educated nitwits. Every single hunter, to a man that I've ever met has been a posh, wealthy "chap" or "Philly".

But I'm sure there a few Bobs and Old Jim's that are allowed to feed the hounds and clean up their shite, if you could call that being part of it.

this confuses me

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
So you're claiming that the fox hunting ban indirectly lead to bombs being set off by terrorists in London. Are you on glue?

He could have a point if the sabs haven`t got hunts to disrupt they may like bombing........Although possibly as silly as your claim all hunters upper class nitwits.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sir Barney White-Spunner, executive chairman of the Countryside Alliance, said: “We are looking forward to the Government delivering its manifesto commitment to a vote on repeal that we think will be won. The Hunting Act has been a farce from the start and even Tony Blair has admitted that it was a mistake. The new Parliament has an opportunity to right a wrong that was done 10 years ago and we are confident that MPs will take it”.

Sir Barney White-Spunner - Military background, Eton, University of St. Andrews. You can't make this stuff up!

Politically, if the Tories repeal the law it will lose them votes and lose them goodwill with the electorate. They have so little to gain and so much more to lose. Worryingly, if the public turn against the government they could turn the EU referendum into a vote against the government. Cameron will no doubt declare he wants to STAY, the worry is this will influence some floating voters to vote LEAVE.

Personally, I'm against hunting but what hacks me off more is how the issue crystallises old political extremes and wastes valuable parliamentary time. If the Tories undo the ban on hunting then they're basically saying we're a party of the rich.

I hope people are beginning to realise just how the Lib Dems were keeping this bunch of chancers in check.

Don't forget the Labour MPs and peers who will vote to repeal the ban too. And I'm sure the Labour Peer who is the president of the countryside alliance and the labour MP who is the Chairman of the same alliance will have some influence. Also the other labour peers who are also on the committee of the Alliance will be making themselves heard. It really isn't all about the Tories, there are plenty of them who support this foul passtime, but there are some very high profile ones in the red and yellow camps too.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
... or controlling immigration so nut cases don't get jobs in the NHS.

Name: Harold Frederick Shipman
Born: 14 January 1946
Birthplace: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England

Harold Frederick Shipman was a British doctor and one of the most prolific serial killers in recorded history.

On 31 January 2000, a jury found Shipman guilty of 15 murders. He was sentenced to life imprisonment and the judge recommended that he never be released.

The Shipman Inquiry concluded he was probably responsible for about 250 deaths.

But hey, at least he was one of our own. :rave: :banana: :O :cheery:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's not important. Obviously what is required is urban fox hunts: watch out for them coming to a high street near you soon.

Can see them now, scarlet jackets riding segways down Acacia Avenue!!

I have read in the papers and heard on the news of many instances, too many to recount.. As I said perhaps a more humane method of culling these worthless animals can be found. Perhaps all those in favour of keeping them alive can tell me what good purpose they serve that I am unaware of.. Why is it that it appears country people want to be rid of them but townies dont.

When you dig a hole, you just can't stop digging can you. This and subsequent posts don't do you an favours. Suggest you stick to posting about transfers based on a rumours web site!

First and foremost, I'm am 100% in favour of the hunting ban. I have protested many times prior to the ban and went hunt sabbing in the early eighties. This is not a Tory policy, the president of the Countryside Alliance is a Labour peer and the chairman is a Labour MP, the countryside is not a plaything for the Tories, and never has been. If this does end up being debated, and voted on, then it's vital that, regardless of the colour, that you lobby your MP as it could just as easily be a Labour or Lib Dem member who casts the vote that sees the scrapping of the ban.

Why have the SNP refused to get involved in any proposed vote? Genuine question, I don't know the answer. But I don't think this is simply a case of Tories and their posh mates making a law for themselves, there are plenty on the other side of the political divide who also support this barbaric activity.

The SNP have indicated that they might consider voting which could put the kibosh on the Tory plan.

You are very sad. Shame you use the death of 52 people in a trivial way.

A quote from the Countryside Alliance website.

Our vision
for the countryside which both preserves its traditional values and promotes a thriving rural community and economy; a countryside open to sustainable use by all; a countryside where rural communities have equal access to those facilities and services enjoyed in urban communities; a countryside where people can pursue their businesses, activities and lives according to the dictates of their own conscience in a society that appreciates and understands their way of life.

So, as long as the individual has no conscience then they can do anything they like. Marvellous.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
What's the difference between fox hunting and say pheasant/grouse shooting?? Also many more beautiful race horses die than foxes every year in the name of sport(also traditional),foxes are also considered a pest in the country killing farmers livestock.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't forget the Labour MPs and peers who will vote to repeal the ban too. And I'm sure the Labour Peer who is the president of the countryside alliance and the labour MP who is the Chairman of the same alliance will have some influence. Also the other labour peers who are also on the committee of the Alliance will be making themselves heard. It really isn't all about the Tories, there are plenty of them who support this foul passtime, but there are some very high profile ones in the red and yellow camps too.

Who are all these labour peers you refer to?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Who are all these labour peers you refer to?

Ann Mallalieu, (Baroness Mallalieu) is the president, Kate Hoey is the Chairman and Baroness Golding is also on the executive committee of the countryside alliance. All Labour MPs or Peers.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
beat me to it

I just try to be in possession of as much information as a I can before I make any comments. The hunting ban is very personal to me, I despised Tony Blair for 2 things, the Iraq War and for taking so long to introduce the hunting ban which he promised the first time he got elected, but took about 10 years to actually deliver.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He could have a point if the sabs haven`t got hunts to disrupt they may like bombing........Although possibly as silly as your claim all hunters upper class nitwits.

laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here