Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hunting ban 'set to be repealed'

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
This is of course true but it's a Tory government that has the power to do it and wants to do it so I'm saying the Tories are going to have to shoulder a hefty portion of the blame on his one.
Also, regardless of their politics, they are all upper class nitwits who think they should be entitled to indulge their every whim.

Blame is only right if you believe repeal to be wrong..those in Favour would say Tories shoulder a hefty portion of the credit...And I can guarantee those who partake in hunting are not all upper class,Very few are.
And as to them being all nitwits which means Simpleton,fool,dunce,moron. have to say wrong again......I think there are proportionately more "nitwits" on NSC than hunt..

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Blame is only right if you believe repeal to be wrong..those in Favour would say Tories shoulder a hefty portion of the credit...And I can guarantee those who partake in hunting are not all upper class,Very few are.
And as to them being all nitwits which means Simpleton,fool,dunce,moron. have to say wrong again......I think there are proportionately more "nitwits" on NSC than hunt..

I flat out don't believe many "regular" folk go hunting in this fashion. I can only go from my own experience which is not exhaustive but neither is it too limited to form an opinion. There was a hunt run across my boarding school for years, a bird I went out with was a fox hunter, she was from a very wealthy background but had a hair or two growing out of one of her nipples and it reminded me of a pork scratching so she had to go. The hunt that tried to use my land were all posh, highly educated nitwits. Every single hunter, to a man that I've ever met has been a posh, wealthy "chap" or "Philly".

But I'm sure there a few Bobs and Old Jim's that are allowed to feed the hounds and clean up their shite, if you could call that being part of it.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Dear oh Dear..animal abusers..rich tories..massively unpopular...where do your facts come from ? see below quote taken from "super phil" like you very much in favour of ban but somewhat more rational in his arguments and facts.

"This is not a Tory policy, the president of the Countryside Alliance is a Labour peer and the chairman is a Labour MP, the countryside is not a plaything for the Tories, and never has been."

It was in the Tory manifesto and they are pressing ahead with it super quick. The Tories are in majority government they decided what does or doesn't happen, not one Labour MP.

As to facts, surely you don't dispute that the vast majority of the population don't want fox hunting and a significant proportion of those feel very passionately about it? Secondly do you dispute that the vast majority of fox hunters are wealthy and vote Tory? And do you not think chasing a fox, an animal and ripping it apart causing its death, abusing it, is animal abuse?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Im struggling to pick a winner from you and Westdene's pilotless 747s outburst last night :lolol:

Too be fair, on most of the posts to which they contribute it usually ends up in a dead heat.....

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
In my view anyone who seriously gets their kicks from chasing animals and seeing them get mauled and killed by dogs is pretty sick in my mind.

Why can't those who love horse riding and the countryside just go for nice weekend rides in groups without the focal bit about killing. I just don't get it.

Don't give me the old 'it's been in our history for generations' crap. Maybe those that like this sort of thing should offer up to the general public the chance to let them chase them around a field with a loaded gun and see how much they enjoy that.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I struggle to support the idea of Fox Hunting , however I have more of a problem with the antis and their tactics and the Fanatical Animal rights activists than the people who do hunt.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I struggle to support the idea of Fox Hunting , however I have more of a problem with the antis and their tactics and the Fanatical Animal rights activists than the people who do hunt.

Genuine question, what do you dislike about them?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Good for you.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Perhaps if it is repealed and hunting allowed that will reduce the number of foxes walking the streets with impunity like dogs.
Quite a number of children have been savaged by foxes walking into a house in recent years. I would sooner save the children than the foxes.
Everybody must have heard or read of at least 1 child being attacked by a fox and that is 1 too many for these worthless animals.

Presumably, you want all dogs culled as well then? I mean, given there's been as many as three or four cases of a fox biting a child, and literally hundreds of injuries and several deaths by dog attack each year?...

Lets get one thing straight I have no likes or dislikes of foxes other than the fact one ran at my little dog one night in Haywards Heath

Ah, no, of course you don't want dogs culled. One nasty fox went near your precious pet, so get rid of them all. You're a hypocrite, and one of the greatest order.

Perhaps all those in favour of keeping them alive can tell me what good purpose they serve that I am unaware of...

Animals don't need to justify themselves to you. What an incredibly arrogant statement - only animals of use to humans should be allowed to exist. Foxes have a part to play in any ecosystem, whether rural or urban. So they go through your bins occasionally. Oh well. No worse (and certainly no more numerous) than seagulls. Do you want all of them gone too?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Genuine question, what do you dislike about them?

Their attitude to people legaly doing something they wish to do....The abuse given out by sometimes hooded thugs to men women and children....most of whom I believe have little regard to the fox hunting...more are anti the Hunters , who they consider like yourself it seems, to be.....Fat, Tory, wealthy, scumbags.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not many people know that foxes actually enjoy fox hunting; in much the same way as we all enjoyed a good wide game at cubs; and at the end when they finally find themselves on a sticky wicket they barely feel a thing because they've been laughing so much. If foxes really felt any pain (or remorse) do you think the social elite would take pleasure in their misery? Of course not! Thank god for the conservatives.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Their attitude to people legaly doing something they wish to do....The abuse given out by sometimes hooded thugs to men women and children....most of whom I believe have little regard to the fox hunting...more are anti the Hunters , who they consider like yourself it seems, to be.....Fat, Tory, wealthy, scumbags.

Ah. The standard counter defence, "you just don't like posh people". Quite the opposite, I am one. I have a very similar background to many of these people. Just don't like animals being cruelly treated.
I've never encountered any sabs so can't comment on them. The ones I've seen on the news look filthy though .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The abuse given out by sometimes hooded thugs to men women and children....most of whom I believe have little regard to the fox hunting...more are anti the Hunters , who they consider like yourself it seems, to be.....Fat, Tory, wealthy, scumbags.

Personally, I can't think of 4 better reasons to give someone abuse. Can you?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ah. The standard counter defence, "you just don't like posh people". Quite the opposite, I am one. I have a very similar background to many of these people. Just don't like animals being cruelly treated.
I've never encountered any sabs so can't comment on them. The ones I've seen on the news look filthy though .

Not a lover of the protesters, in the grand scheme of things it seems very few partake in fox hunting and very few foxes get slaughtered.

Havent seen one protest outside a Halal abattoir yet or other more needy animal rights campaigns, they pick their targets both sets seem as bad as one another.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I have read in the papers and heard on the news of many instances, too many to recount.. As I said perhaps a more humane method of culling these worthless animals can be found. Perhaps all those in favour of keeping them alive can tell me what good purpose they serve that I am unaware of.. Why is it that it appears country people want to be rid of them but townies dont.

So, in your eyes, an animal has to serve a purpose to avoid being torn to pieces by rabid dogs set upon them by posh people?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sir Barney White-Spunner, executive chairman of the Countryside Alliance, said: “We are looking forward to the Government delivering its manifesto commitment to a vote on repeal that we think will be won. The Hunting Act has been a farce from the start and even Tony Blair has admitted that it was a mistake. The new Parliament has an opportunity to right a wrong that was done 10 years ago and we are confident that MPs will take it”.

Sir Barney White-Spunner - Military background, Eton, University of St. Andrews. You can't make this stuff up!

Politically, if the Tories repeal the law it will lose them votes and lose them goodwill with the electorate. They have so little to gain and so much more to lose. Worryingly, if the public turn against the government they could turn the EU referendum into a vote against the government. Cameron will no doubt declare he wants to STAY, the worry is this will influence some floating voters to vote LEAVE.

Personally, I'm against hunting but what hacks me off more is how the issue crystallises old political extremes and wastes valuable parliamentary time. If the Tories undo the ban on hunting then they're basically saying we're a party of the rich.

I hope people are beginning to realise just how the Lib Dems were keeping this bunch of chancers in check.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here