Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Human Rights….

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I don’t want a row either, I see the two things, Covid and the scrapping of the human rights bill, as largely two separate things.

Funnily enough, both show the Tory’s up as opportunistic arse-holes;

They saw covid as an opportunity to boost the elite’s fortunes. Shovelling money into their mates’ businesses and personal accounts. And of course their own accounts.

Brexit was clumsily put on the table to save Cameron’s bacon. Boris and his cronies saw it as an opportunity to deregulate the U.K. and enable them to act exactly how they wish with total impunity. They jumped on it. No doubt in order to shovel yet more billions into their accounts.

It’s a shit-show. And it’s costing us billions.
It is costing us billions, but I see this coming from 6 months in of the Covid bollocks. Call me a conspiracy theorists if you like but people were on the streets objecting against this tory rule but we were right wing conspiracy theorists(even though groups like ANTifa were there) , while the majority sat at home and believed all the shit that was fed to them on the 6 o'clock Bungle Show by someone who is a liar!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is costing us billions, but I see this coming from 6 months in of the Covid bollocks. Call me a conspiracy theorists if you like but people were on the streets objecting against this tory rule but we were right wing conspiracy theorists(even though groups like ANTifa were there) , while the majority sat at home and believed all the shit that was fed to them on the 6 o'clock Bungle Show by someone who is a liar!
I can certainly agree that the Tory’s lied through their teeth for their own gain.

And bungled the rest as they are incompetent and incapable of any useful political action. Mainly because they are not a legitimate political party and exist solely to serve the interests of the so called elite.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I've never voted in my life and I never will because none of the top brass has f*** all in common with us. And as much as I'd like a good rebellion on Whitehall, the only victims will be the weakest, as shown during the riots. Where we go from here I haven't a clue.
I wake up in a morning, do the best I can, go to sleep (like many people do)
and then it's the next day..
On we go, a smile on our face, quietly been a ticking time bomb!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've never voted in my life and I never will because none of the top brass has f*** all in common with us.
Good to know they've all got a teensy bit in common with us at least then. I always had my suspicions about Rees-Mogg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you only say this 6 months into COVID then you have not been concentrating.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I've never voted in my life and I never will because none of the top brass has f*** all in common with us. And as much as I'd like a good rebellion on Whitehall, the only victims will be the weakest, as shown during the riots. Where we go from here I haven't a clue.
I wake up in a morning, do the best I can, go to sleep (like many people do)
and then it's the next day..
On we go, a smile on our face, quietly been a ticking time bomb!

If you don't vote then you really have no right to expect change. All parties are not as bad as each other, perhaps your vote could have gone some way to halting one of the the worst ones.

Perhaps your vote could have served as encouragement for one of the best to create policies that the major parties taken on board to try and gain your vote.

The thing with voting is it isn't always an instant reward. Sometimes the pay off takes time.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
If you don't vote then you really have no right to expect change. All parties are not as bad as each other, perhaps your vote could have gone some way to halting one of the the worst ones.

Perhaps your vote could have served as encouragement for one of the best to create policies that the major parties taken on board to try and gain your vote.

The thing with voting is it isn't always an instant reward. Sometimes the pay off takes time.
You see I was going to reply because you seem quite normal, but then ruin it. I've no time for a row. Goodnight.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sadly most people don’t have the time to care about such things. Which is how we end up with likes of Johnson running the country. Frankly I’m past caring much myself these days. Go with the flotsam like everyone else on this board, totally powerless to effect change in this country. Corruption runs too deep now, far too many sociopaths and embedded selfishness

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
The U.K. at risk of being listed as a human rights abuser.

Sometimes we need a wake up call like this. We are arguably sleepwalking into a bad situation.

I’m glad we are being observed because the current government seem to think they are beyond reproach and unaccountable to anyone.

It is a nonsense article though.

As poor as this government is and yes we have only 2 more years until they are gone, this article nonetheless blows things out of proportions.

Everyone has the right to life. It is an absolute right in accordance with Article 2 of the ECHR.

Yet by definition, Japan and the USA are human rights abusers by allowing the death penalty.

The UK govt are reshaping the lawfulness of protest methods. That does not equate to a ban in protesting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

As poor as this government is and yes we have only 2 more years until they are gone, this article nonetheless blows things out of proportions.

Everyone has the right to life. It is an absolute right in accordance with Article 2 of the ECHR.

Yet by definition, Japan and the USA are human rights abusers by allowing the death penalty.

The UK govt are reshaping the lawfulness of protest methods. That does not equate to a ban in protesting.
Protestors are being jailed, and press members arrested, equipment being confiscated. It is new legislation to clamp down on peaceful protests. Threats to sack striking staff, and appearing in court for a blank placard, seem as though rights are being eroded.
The boiling frog syndrome.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You have confused what the government says it is doing and what it is actually doing.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Protestors are being jailed, and press members arrested, equipment being confiscated. It is new legislation to clamp down on peaceful protests. Threats to sack striking staff, and appearing in court for a blank placard, seem as though rights are being eroded.
The boiling frog syndrome.

Are they not being jailed for breaching court injunctions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here