Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Human Rights….

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The U.K. at risk of being listed as a human rights abuser.

Sometimes we need a wake up call like this. We are arguably sleepwalking into a bad situation.

I’m glad we are being observed because the current government seem to think they are beyond reproach and unaccountable to anyone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There have been warnings from the Law Society and the UN is keeping an eye on the government.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The U.K. at risk of being listed as a human rights abuser.

Sometimes we need a wake up call like this. We are arguably sleepwalking into a bad situation.

I’m glad we are being observed because the current government seem to think they are beyond reproach and unaccountable to anyone.

We have the most authoritarian government in the post war period, and if you're not happy with it peaceful protest has effectively been curtailed.

I'm not sure if the fight against Belotti and Archer could happen in the same way today...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We have the most authoritarian government in the post war period, and if you're not happy with it peaceful protest has effectively been curtailed.

I'm not sure if the fight against Belotti and Archer could happen in the same way today...
Still, not much longer to suffer this shower of shit now. And the huge Labour majority will be quite at liberty to put the wheels in motion to reverse out any Nasty Party malicious bills they see fit to :wave:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still, not much longer to suffer this shower of shit now. And the huge Labour majority will be quite at liberty to un-do any Nasty Party nonsense they see fit to
IMHO its no time to complacency, the Labour lead is softer than the polls suggest.

There are a lot of shy Tories too ashamed to say they will still vote Tory, but despite the shit show, vote Tory they will

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Still, not much longer to suffer this shower of shit now. And the huge Labour majority will be quite at liberty to put the wheels in motion to reverse out any Nasty Party malicious bills they see fit to :wave:
It will take years to unravel the mess the last 13 years have caused. The Bill passing through Parliament is literally just a bonfire of every EU law right now(which was voted onto our own statute books) without replacing them with anything like the same.
EU employment rights like maternity leave, equal pay for women etc etc not to mention no right to strike.

Everything is done to distract the electorate in what is really happening. Why are all the right wing hacks making such a fuss about the royals falling out? It gets people looking the other way.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It will take years to unravel the mess the last 13 years have caused. The Bill passing through Parliament is literally just a bonfire of every EU law right now(which was voted onto our own statute books) without replacing them with anything like the same.
EU employment rights like maternity leave, equal pay for women etc etc not to mention no right to strike.

Everything is done to distract the electorate in what is really happening. Why are all the right wing hacks making such a fuss about the royals falling out? It gets people looking the other way.
Important to remember The TCA states that the UK would maintain a level playing field of employment, environmental and consumer protections.

This bill if passed would almost definitely start a trade war, further economic weakness and another run on the debt market.

All the neo-liberal Brexiteers ever wanted to mass de-regulation. All the BS about immigration was just a tool to groom useful idiots

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
There have been warnings from the Law Society and the UN is keeping an eye on the government.

There has been alarm bells since 6 months into Covid when people were waking up to it and questioning the decisions and ideas they had in place. Unfortunately a lot of people dismissed it as conspiracy theorists. And it's only now you are waking up to it. Bless.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There has been alarm bells since 6 months into Covid when people were waking up to it and questioning the decisions and ideas they had in place. Unfortunately a lot of people dismissed it as conspiracy theorists. And it's only now you are waking up to it. Bless.
Ah. You're one of them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh dear.

No. This is about the Tory party removing human rights and deregulation so they can keep the filthy lucre flowing into their coffers. Not Covid restrictions. Which were in place for only as long as required.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Oh dear.

No. This is about the Tory party removing human rights and deregulation so they can keep the filthy lucre flowing into their coffers. Not Covid restrictions. Which were in place for only as long as required.
Yep, our human rights are been removed all the time, but this started during covid and people have given them a 2 year head start by complying to what a liar has told us to do. So he is either a liar or not?
I have no intention of rowing with you because I think you are one of the good guys.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, our human rights are been removed all the time, but this started during covid and people have given them a 2 year head start by complying to what a liar has told us to do. So he is either a liar or not?
I have no intention of rowing with you because I think you are one of the good guys.
But you are back on the thread?

Wife not cooked your tea yet?

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
If I had a wife why would she be cooking the tea?
Shall we add sexist to your list for this week?
We've done fat shaming, we've done freak shaming, we've done mental health shaming. Anymore you would like to add to your inclusive list?
How's that mirror looking?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t want a row either, I see the two things, Covid and the scrapping of the human rights bill, as largely two separate things.

Funnily enough, both show the Tory’s up as opportunistic arse-holes;

They saw covid as an opportunity to boost the elite’s fortunes. Shovelling money into their mates’ businesses and personal accounts. And of course their own accounts.

Brexit was clumsily put on the table to save Cameron’s bacon. Boris and his cronies saw it as an opportunity to deregulate the U.K. and enable them to act exactly how they wish with total impunity. They jumped on it. No doubt in order to shovel yet more billions into their accounts.

It’s a shit-show. And it’s costing us billions.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Lol. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting you to be so quick but it figures. This thread ends up going down the usual route when you get involved for no reason.
I'm out.
:flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::wave:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
OIP.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here