Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton out

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I thought the same about about Colin Wanker.

Hardly comparable. Colin signed up on the basis that he was a stopgap to keep things ticking over until a longterm manager became available. Did you honestly feel that he has the track record to keep a team in the Premier league? Granted that he is probably as well equipped as Hughton to keep a team in the Championship.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Exactly. Now fck off, you sanctimoneous Nigel. Apart from the fact that forum rules are that you're not supposed to troll on threads unless they involve Palace, it's worth pointing out that a large number of YOUR fans were every bit as bad with Colin, and as your piss poor attendances showed us, half of them don't even fkcing GO unless they're in the top division.

Do try to keep on topic.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
Can we really run the risk of letting CH get his hands on the summer transfer war chest (if we do actually have the money to spend on players)?

He recruited Best...a man with an appalling goal scoring record in the Championship..then talked him up as the star striker to score the goals. Then when even Best himself has proved CH wrong, he continues to play him.

Boring, negative football. No effort or application from the players since he joined.

It's all gone so badly wrong, and from what he's done so far, I can't see CH as being the man to put it right.

Best is awful, no other way of saying it, he's plain cack, but Hughton is obviously going to big him up, hardly going to slate him is he? He's a professional. Stick by him, give him the summer to bring in some players and set his own team up. I fully believe that Burke and Hyypia ruined our season, long before Hughton took over.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
This is a really good point, and one that should be pointed out to the Norwich fans that seem to have an obsession about telling us the way that Hughton had them playing in the PL. None of the games that I've seen us play under Hughton have been 'park the bus' negative; we actually seem quite good at getting it out of defence and passing it to the edge of the oppo box. As you correctly put, we just have a front line that's got zero confidence once we get there!

Nice to see that there are still a few on NSC that talk some sense.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is a really good point, and one that should be pointed out to the Norwich fans that seem to have an obsession about telling us the way that Hughton had them playing in the PL. None of the games that I've seen us play under Hughton have been 'park the bus' negative; we actually seem quite good at getting it out of defence and passing it to the edge of the oppo box. As you correctly put, we just have a front line that's got zero confidence once we get there!

Spot on. Toothless in attack, that's all.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Best is awful, no other way of saying it, he's plain cack, but Hughton is obviously going to big him up, hardly going to slate him is he? He's a professional. Stick by him, give him the summer to bring in some players and set his own team up. I fully believe that Burke and Hyypia ruined our season, long before Hughton took over.

Hyypia didn't ruin our season, he had a mish mash of players who never played together before. Hughtons last ten games points average have been worse than Hyypia's first 10.

Hyypia 13 points from first 10 games
Hughton 9 points from last 10 games

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I cannot understand why our strikers cannot score a goal between them. Surely, if they stand motionless in the penalty-area for long enough then, eventually, the ball will simply hit them and rebound into the net. Perhaps they are trying too hard.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
He inherited a dire team and has somehow managed to make them even worse........

Are you actually serious?

Have you looked where we are and compared it with where we were with Hyypia?

Have you compared results against Derby, Birmingham, Arsenal and Ipswich where we played counter attacking football and scored plenty of goals?

You're either pretty thick and have an agenda against hughton or pretty thick.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hughton inherited the sharp end of the cheap option. Keeping us up will be a real achievement.

The time to start muttering is if he signs Leon Best on a permanent deal (which is looking worryingly likely, given the amount of game time he's getting) and if he doesn't get rid of CMS (the pro-CMS noises from TB are a major concern)

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I thought Kayal was already on the radar and that he brought in Ledesma, Carayol and Best irrespective of whether desperation or not he brought them in and they are no better than we had and he had seen.

Right, and who were we going to bring instead? They were all areas we were lacking in. We needed another winger due to March being a long term injury, and Kaz's. So why on earth would we be getting anything better than what we've got? They were temporary replacements.

Secondly, why on earth would clubs be sending out players who are better than what we've got any way?

There's an appalling amount of idiocy from people who seem to think we're a massive club who can attract anyone.

Stop speculating the idea that they were Hughton's choices. For all we know, they were the only ones available and we needed temporary replacements.

More so, Hughton was appointed New years eve if I remember likely, how on earth could he use the transfer period effectively enough? Surely the better replacements were swept up during the transfer period leaving deadwood and recovering players left in the loan market.

Do you consider these factors, BG? Or does it get in the way of delusions of grandeur?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It does seem that other teams, with 'less talented' strikers can find the net. Baffling why ours dont.

Players can't score? Blame Hughton. Sound logic. CMS could barely find the net before Hughton arrived, neither had Best. Baldock is injured and then the club shipped Colunga out.

The expectations of people are unbelievable.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its difficult to be motivated as a fan when we see our team losing week after week, not scoring goals week after week and at times watching some awful play. No doubt Hughtons brief was originally to keep us up, which i'm sure we will just about do and only just. We can judge him when reach October to see what improvements have been made, my real fear is that there will be little quality coming in over the summer as I'm of th belief that substantial funds are not available and also I feel that we are gaining a reputation of not being an attacking club thus scaring off potential quality. Grabban was much derided for not coming here yet his choice has been borne out as being a good one, Sammy Lee likewise, Bent saw what was going on here straight away and feigned his injury to get out. We have a trend here and so I don't see huge changes happening. In the back of my mind I wonder whether Hughton will leave the club as he will not want to manage a team that is lacking in quality, statue and real ambition, this won't be good for his CV.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Players can't score? Blame Hughton. Sound logic. CMS could barely find the net before Hughton arrived, neither had Best. Baldock is injured and then the club shipped Colunga out.

It still doesnt make sense that 'less talented' strikers are able to find the net. Im not particularly blaming Hughton, but something is wrong somewhere, with the way we are playing this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I cannot understand why our strikers cannot score a goal between them. Surely, if they stand motionless in the penalty-area for long enough then, eventually, the ball will simply hit them and rebound into the net. Perhaps they are trying too hard.
That's exactly what the offside rule was originally brought in to prevent - and in that respect, it's been very successful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

2 against Fulham, Leeds Brentford, Derby, 3 against Ipswich, and 4 against Birmingham. So what has happened since the beginning of March?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

We haven't scored a goal in almost nine hours, expectations aren't being met. We're all getting a bit crabby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here