Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you defend yourself if ?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
My brother caught one at his flat in camden, his wife and baby in the front room and he caught the guy in the kitchen, he stupidly tackled the guy to the floor only to notice he had one leg, he searched the guy coudnt find anything so kicked him out his house, noticed his wallet was gone went looking for him, guy was walking back towards him with his wallet and all the money still in it, said sorry and thanks for letting him go and gave wallet back lol

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I have a baseball bat that sits next to my bedhead.

I've thought about it and I don't think i'd have any problem coming out swinging.

Most likely aim for the knees first off.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I used to ask a similar question, what would you do in a bank robbery? Always saying I would be a hero(I was 16/17) :D

Unfortunately I was in the Halifax bank in London road when it get turned over, and the reality was me running out the bank screaming aged 19/20

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'd make a lot of noise to scare them off and call the police. Hopefully they would be scared off and I could ring the police. Then I'd go on the Tesco website and order some teabags for delivery in a couple of days so I could make the police a cuppa when they come screaming round

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
My Nan was caught in the situation and my two uncles and dad where out, she has a big garden and that day was sorting it out so has a machete in her house. She was in the kitchen (upstairs) heard some noise downstairs called out to see if any of my uncles or Dad had come back, but no one replied so ran down stairs with the machete just to miss the bloke then shouted out "you got lucky when you come back ill slit your throat open"! If I was in that situation I would probably be to scared to do anything!

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
I think it would be really scary but I would feckin batter them with whatever came to hand

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Big Bertha Driver, or alternatively, use the mrs as a human shield.

I was broken into when I had my pub, I always used to pride myself on having a small hatchet just behind the door to my flat. When we got broken into I shat myself, hid, and rang the old bill in a hysterical flood of tears. Felt like a bit of a twat for that!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've been burgled three times but there was once when I was in the house. I walked down the stairs thinking it was one of the family in the kitchen and called out. The burglar took flight out the back door which he'd left open for a quick getaway.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'd be fine if they came on a certain few days of the month!!

If they came the rest if the month - I'd have a go and hope my son woke up and I'd let him sort them out and I'd ring the police

bunny boiler alert ......if they are through my front door without my permission then i would reserve the right to damage them on a permanent basis.......end of.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I'd confront the fucker. I would like to beat his arse, but then I'd most likely be arrested for assault on the theif trying to rob my house. Praise the justice system.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I think our three big dogs barking and hurtling down the stairs would be enough.
We have shotguns in the house, but by the time I'd have got the keys, gone to the other bedroom, undone the gun safe, found some cartridges and loaded up, I think they would have been long gone!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I'd like to think that I'd dispense justice, Tony Martin style. My home is my castle. I've worked hard to get what pathetic, meager possessions I own. They're not much,but they're my pathetic, meager possessions and not someone elses. I'll happily defend them with my life.

I'd like to think that.....

The reality is of course - I don't know what I'd do. I don't want to find out either

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Reach for the nearest thing and put them into tomorrow. I dont sleep with anything obvious weapon like near me as i think a decent lawyer could screw you but by god my hall way is clear (none for them) and i know where several household items are if the time comes.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I used to ask a similar question, what would you do in a bank robbery? Always saying I would be a hero(I was 16/17) :D

Unfortunately I was in the Halifax bank in London road when it get turned over, and the reality was me running out the bank screaming aged 19/20

I'd make a lot of noise to scare them off and call the police. Hopefully they would be scared off and I could ring the police. Then I'd go on the Tesco website and order some teabags for delivery in a couple of days so I could make the police a cuppa when they come screaming round

Brilliant posts. These are prime examples of why i love NSC. :) x

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like to think that I'd play placid/naive, then suddenly lash out.

But just don't know until that moment.

If my young kids are about, would not do the above, and instead minimise the alarm caused to them.

I know someone who caught a burglar in Shoreham; who got a couple of punches in on the thief whilst he held him, until the Police arrived.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Being a double 'ard bastard helps,and that's just the Wife.My trusty Newberry Uzi cricket bat should do the trick,failing that,I have a rather large "Chopper" tucked away.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Difficult to say until it happened, but if they were a threat to my missus and kids I'd do whatever was necessary (and some).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here