How will McClaren f*** it up?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will the lardy northern monkey do?

• play 11 men in our penalty area for 89 minutes and concede a 90th minute goal to the Croats

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Ensure Fat Frank has one wafer too many and explodes taking the entire team with him.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Play a pointless friendly, knacker the players and ensure our best striker gets injured

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Be quiet fool, it's our DESTINY to qualify.

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seeing this is a crucial game I tend to think you could have a point, but please can we dispense with him for good after this game regardless of the outcome, we really need to build for the future.

This should be his swansong if he does get on the pitch, and a chance to say adios after a fine career.

For me we still dont have anyone that can take a semi decent free kick and if a game is 0-0 with twenty left he is another option for his crossing from free kicks.

Teams need to be able to adapt and I honestly think we have no one like Beckham in the squad at them moment.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Seeing this is a crucial game I tend to think you could have a point, but please can we dispense with him for good after this game regardless of the outcome, we really need to build for the future.

This should be his swansong if he does get on the pitch, and a chance to say adios after a fine career.

I see him as one of the team members more likely to be able to pass something on to any incoming youngers in order to build for the future....

I'm a bit confused though as to why you'd think he was useful in a crucial game but as soon as its over he's no longer useful?

Stumpy Tim

He's a Ruddy Faced Clown... I cannot believe even this TWUNT of a manager would play Carson in his first PROPER game for England in the most important match since the World Cup... why gamble in such a crucial game.

Also, one 7 foot tall bloke up-front, and he's going to drop the best crosser in the world game... the bloke who set up the only goal last week.

For FUCKS sake.

P.S. Isn't that Villa striker with the unpronouncable name English? Isn't he worth a shot on the bench?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's a Ruddy Faced Clown... I cannot believe even this TWUNT of a manager would play Carson in his first PROPER game for England in the most important match since the World Cup... why gamble in such a crucial game.

Also, one 7 foot tall bloke up-front, and he's going to drop the best crosser in the world game... the bloke who set up the only goal last week.

For FUCKS sake.

P.S. Isn't that Villa striker with the unpronouncable name English? Isn't he worth a shot on the bench?
Agbonlahor? He got injured in the U21s. I agree that playing Carson in this game as his first real fixture is FAR from ideal but I still see it as less of a risk than Robinson who has let us down so many times in the last year or so.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

QUOTE]

Given Robinson's gaffes lately it's a brave decision and imo the right one but any excuse to have another dig eh?
Will you be big enough to admit it was the right decision if he has a good game, because I'm willing to bet you'll be on here slagging Mclaren off if he doesn't?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agbonlahor? He got injured in the U21s. I agree that playing Carson in this game as his first real fixture is FAR from ideal but I still see it as less of a risk than Robinson who has let us down so many times in the last year or so.

Utter rubbish, he made 1 mistake in games that matter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think he is still worth a place in the squad and can be usefull in certain games coming on from bench but i dont think he should start.

I think that you have it the wrong way round I woukld start with Beckham and then bring on SWP when their defenders and Beckham are tiring. Also would stick with Robinson.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Utter rubbish, he made 1 mistake in games that matter.
He made one against Croatia, two if you count the Neville OG. He made one against Russia. One against Germany (maybe it "didn't matter" but that doesn't mean it's not a mistake). And probably others I can't remember. He has been out of form for a long time, for club and country, and should've been dropped long before now.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He made one against Croatia, two if you count the Neville OG. He made one against Russia. One against Germany (maybe it "didn't matter" but that doesn't mean it's not a mistake). And probably others I can't remember. He has been out of form for a long time, for club and country, and should've been dropped long before now.

Im not sure he was at fault for the header against croatia?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Im not sure he was at fault for the header against croatia?
His positioning was all over the place, the header wasn't that powerful or well placed and it just looped over him, virtually in the middle of the goal. I actually think it was much worse than the backpass which was just a freak really.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
His positioning was all over the place, the header wasn't that powerful or well placed and it just looped over him, virtually in the middle of the goal. I actually think it was much worse than the backpass which was just a freak really.

Ill put this now - Im not against Robbo being dropped - I hope Spurs bring in someone in the Window.

But I really think thats a bit harsh about the header.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do you judge whether Carson or Robinson as Carson kept a clean sheet against Ayustria but had absolutly nothing to do other than take goal kicks or back passes. According to the people who pick the team the press, he has been better in training than Robinson but I would stick with Robinson.

Either way we will qualify without a shadow of doubt.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
We've kept more clean sheets than any other team in the qualifiers.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The only thing McClaren did as manager was to go 3 - 0 down and then got his team to fight back and get a result in Euro-cup a couple of seasons back as Middlesboro manager, What price a repeat tonite?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports