Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] How to improve the Amex atmosphere?

How can we improve the Amex atmopshere?

• Pre Match DJ

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Theme Days

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Singing Section

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • A band

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Club to create new chants/songs for us

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Involve audience more (eg pre match/in game announcements)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Unreserved seating

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • BHAFC choir

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Squad players to encourage fans

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Classic TV shows on the big screen pre-match

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Celebrities to encourage us to sing more

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
I talk to fans of other clubs and they laugh their socks off about song sheets

Aaaaaalbion Aaaaaalbion is where its at the moment people need a song sheet with other songs ?

What ever happened to going down the Shoreham Road , sea sea sea siders , come and join us over here ?
:shrug:

Regards
DF

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
one down and dominating play with loads of shots with 20 mins remaining.
Safe standing/singing section
Easy to give ST away so more chance of filling ground
In Germany most of crowd young and old sing an anthem for 10mins plus. Only replicated by Liverpool here. Need club/someone to come up with something. Sorry GOSBTS better than nothing but a bit naff

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
one down and dominating play with loads of shots with 20 mins remaining.
Safe standing/singing section
Easy to give ST away so more chance of filling ground
In Germany most of crowd young and old sing an anthem for 10mins plus. Only replicated by Liverpool here. Need club/someone to come up with something. Sorry GOSBTS better than nothing but a bit naff

Something by Rag and Bone man, like his 2019 megahit ' I am a Giant' would be quite superb.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Call out a random seat number 5mins before KO and that person gets £1000 cash IF they’re in it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I talk to fans of other clubs and they laugh their socks off about song sheets

Well maybe if our fans were able to remember something more complex than the old Skol song we wouldn’t need? Until then, get printing because we are shite at singing and should be big enough to admit. I’d wager 90% of STHs can’t remember words to GOSBTS

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well maybe if our fans were able to remember something more complex than the old Skol song we wouldn’t need? Until then, get printing because we are shite at singing and should be big enough to admit. I’d wager 90% of STHs can’t remember words to GOSBTS

I'd wager that we have as wide-a range of songs than most other clubs, more so than many. Those who travel away consistently make a racket singing a host of songs, new and old.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I am in the WSU I’ve sat in there since the start of the Amex I do my best to get things going but it’s pretty much impossible and it’s getting worse.

Lots of different faces too this season lots left or not in attendance because of Covid. Everything is a bit flat at the moment.

Results at home and few more goals might liven things up a bit.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Electrified seats,sing or be shocked,will be quite funny seeing 20k home fans leaving the stadium with a Marty Feldman look.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Well, Albion fans singing at away games isn't a problem I can tell you, maybe the fact we play better away from home than at the Amex helps in this respect.

I've mentioned to Barber a few times that the North Stand, such as it is, isn't fit for purpose (and I don't mean the fans who sit/stand there). It's too bleeding small, it's hardly going to help that it's the smallest section of the ground, generating a good amount of noise is going to be an issue when you have less people in your main 'singing' area.

The North Stand needs to be double tiered or steeper with more rows allowing many more fans to gets tickets in that area. Also the away support needs to be right next to the North Stand so that it generates more noise between each set of fans.

It's not rocket science, c'mon Albion, we need to get the Amex atmosphere back to where it was in the Goldstone North Stand days.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Make it easier to pass your ticket on . I have missed 5 games and my ticket has not been used . With a plastic card it would have been passed to a friend of a friend. Empty seats do not create atmosphere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, Albion fans singing at away games isn't a problem I can tell you, maybe the fact we play better away from home than at the Amex helps in this respect.

I've mentioned to Barber a few times that the North Stand, such as it is, isn't fit for purpose (and I don't mean the fans who sit/stand there). It's too bleeding small, it's hardly going to help that it's the smallest section of the ground, generating a good amount of noise is going to be an issue when you have less people in your main 'singing' area.

The North Stand needs to be double tiered or steeper with more rows allowing many more fans to gets tickets in that area. Also the away support needs to be right next to the North Stand so that it generates more noise between each set of fans.

It's not rocket science, c'mon Albion, we need to get the Amex atmosphere back to where it was in the Goldstone North Stand days.

Complete twaddle.

The atmosphere now is exactly where it would be at the Goldstone, if anything it's better, had the team only one 3 home games all.season.
No amount of rebuilding alters the simple fact it's the people not the building.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Complete twaddle.

The atmosphere now is exactly where it would be at the Goldstone, if anything it's better, had the team only one 3 home games all.season.
No amount of rebuilding alters the simple fact it's the people not the building.

Certainly some twaddle in his post I agree, away fans are more vocal, 100% Albion etc. so that comparison he makes is nonsense, but to suggest it’s the building rather than the people on your part is also utter twaddle, Leeds or Palace fans don’t need goals or victories to vociferously support their team at home.

Actually scrap that, that’s what you are saying! :amex: :ffsparr:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly some twaddle in his post I agree, away fans are more vocal, 100% Albion etc. so that comparison he makes is nonsense, but to suggest it’s the building rather than the people on your part is also utter twaddle, Leeds or Palace fans don’t need goals or victories to vociferously support their team at home.

'we' don't do that and never have done.

We have never generated the atmosphere.
We need to respond and react to something, whether it be the match circumstances, the point of the season, the referee, goals.
Whatever it is doesn't matter, what matters is that it happens to spur us on.

This season NOTHING has happened at the AMEX and so we have given NOTHING back.
Exactly as it was at the Goldstone and Withdean.

It really is that simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here