[Other Sport] How to improve the Amex atmosphere?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can we improve the Amex atmopshere?

• Pre Match DJ

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Theme Days

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Singing Section

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • A band

Votes: 19 11.1%
  • Club to create new chants/songs for us

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Involve audience more (eg pre match/in game announcements)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Unreserved seating

Votes: 55 32.2%
  • BHAFC choir

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Squad players to encourage fans

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • Classic TV shows on the big screen pre-match

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Celebrities to encourage us to sing more

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If you want a noisy atmosphere then

a) put the singing fans next to each other
b) remove the seats
c) reduce the price of the beer
d) build the atmosphere before the game with some banging tunes
e) PLAY POSITIVE FOOTBALL from the start rather than last 5 mins

And don’t forget the clackers!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just a few suggestions I have received via PM for ideas to forward to PB for potential matchday themes:

Tudors & Stewarts
Australia Day (in homage to our heroes Mooy and Ryan)
Gay Icons
80's Albion Heroes
Sustainability

Anyone with any other ideas feel free to add on this thread or drop me a PM.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Just a few suggestions I have received via PM for ideas to forward to PB for potential matchday themes:

Tudors & Stewarts
Australia Day (in homage to our heroes Mooy and Ryan)
Gay Icons
80's Albion Heroes
Sustainability

Anyone with any other ideas feel free to add on this thread or drop me a PM.

Surely, Vicars and Tarts should be on that list?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think in the coming weeks we should probably explore the possibility of hazmat suit day

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:bounce:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Improve the air flow

Reduce the risk of covid

Remove the roof.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Certainly worth revisiting this as the furore over the lack of atmosphere at one of our most prestigious home games against Liverpool shows no signs of dissipating.

What can we do to enhance the atmosphere? One of the most successful and high quality sides we've ever seen, we should be singing from the rooftops. Certainly think the theme days that marked the early years of the Amex would be welcome back. Themes such as 1920's Circus, Climate Change and P Party would go down well as would some new songs from the club for us to sing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Certainly worth revisiting this as the furore over the lack of atmosphere at one of our most prestigious home games against Liverpool shows no signs of dissipating.

What can we do to enhance the atmosphere? One of the most successful and high quality sides we've ever seen, we should be singing from the rooftops. Certainly think the theme days that marked the early years of the Amex would be welcome back. Themes such as 1920's Circus, Climate Change and P Party would go down well as would some new songs from the club for us to sing.

17th in home league table - atmosphere at home games not great
8th in away league table - atmosphere at away games great.

That's it. Dominate first 20 mins AND score and atmosphere sorted.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
17th in home league table - atmosphere at home games not great
8th in away league table - atmosphere at away games great.

That's it. Dominate first 20 mins AND score and atmosphere sorted.

Chicken and the egg though isn't it?? Should the crowd wait until they are entertained or should they get behind the boys from the first whistle and might that give us a bit more impetus and momentum?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Chicken and the egg though isn't it?? Should the crowd wait until they are entertained or should they get behind the boys from the first whistle and might that give us a bit more impetus and momentum?

Agreed, but you need SOME chicken. At the moment we have egg, generally first half hour atmosphere is decent but it fades as the game fades. The Brentford game had a decent atmosphere throughout, from start to finish.

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
It does feel the whole pre-match build up has become a bit stale and dare I say a bit embarrassing. Understand the club is making efforts to be inclusive and family friendly but after the I-dont-know-how-many-eth time of watching the same pre-match video, listening to the same songs and cringing at 'fanzone' it all becomes just a bit boring.

I don't know why the club stopped using the bandstand opposite the club to have bands on? Getting some decent music on and getting fans excited before the game would certainly help.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One of the crucial main problems I think is pricing.

The club made the North Stand and the South corner the cheapest tickets for adults in the ground with no alternatives. Even the ends of the East and West Lower are more expensive. The North Stand is far from a Kop, so many are in there not for the singing and atmosphere, but that it is a cheaper ticket.

Perhaps could have made some blocks in other stands just as cheap as an incentive to get the quiet ones out. Nothing wrong with being quiet, but you know it's gone a bit wrong in there when you have people half way back telling people to sit down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports