Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to do the three way chant

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Why can't the words be changed slightly?

We're the North Stand, we're the North Stand, we're the North Stand Brighton Boys, followed by shouting "WEST"
We're the West Stand, we're the West Stand, we're the West Stand Brighton Boys, followed by shouting "EAST"
We're the East Stand, we're the East Stand, we're the East Stand Brighton Boys, followed by shouting "NORTH"

At least this way everyone would knows who is next.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Or just do left (half the north and the East sing) vs The right side Brighton boys (other half of north and the west)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The only way would be somebody at the front of the north with a massive stick or before the start with a man on a mic

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I will get vilified for this but those chants are s*** and embarrassing. It simply confirms what stand you are sitting in. How is that supposed to support the players? It tells them the fans are more interested in being louder than each other in some primary school tribal way or like on a childrens TV show where the team with the loudest cheer wins. SORT YOUR LIVES OUT. Also the "Brighton boys" bit is well....creepy. The chant is S***! Sing something about the players on the pitch.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I will get vilified for this but those chants are s*** and embarrassing. It simply confirms what stand you are sitting in. How is that supposed to support the players? It tells them the fans are more interested in being louder than each other in some primary school tribal way or like on a childrens TV show where the team with the loudest cheer wins. SORT YOUR LIVES OUT. Also the "Brighton boys" bit is well....creepy. The chant is S***! Sing something about the players on the pitch.

Bollocks. It sounds brilliant and everyone joins in. I Love it.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean

We're the North Stand, we're the North Stand, we're the North Stand Brighton Boys, followed by shouting "WEST"
We're the West Stand, we're the West Stand, we're the West Stand Brighton Boys, followed by shouting "EAST"
We're the East Stand, we're the East Stand, we're the East Stand Brighton Boys, followed by shouting "NORTH"

FFS! :facepalm:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Are we having a three-way?

Hello!

leslie_phillips.jpg

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland

its point of view I suppose.. yes it would be great if all 3 stands could sing the same song (not just ALBION>>ALBION) but its gonna take some time... at least its interactive and gets people singing.. Im with you on expanding it and adding variety but to call it shit is .. well harsh. White hart lane has a super atmoshpere and they sing this along with several others i.e slow oh when the spurs etc.. its not shit and embarrassing but your right that it must not become our only part piece..

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park

i REALLY like this idea.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

I'd hazard a guess that you may be in the minority with that view.

Football chants aren't about the lyrics, they're about making noise and atmosphere (unless of course the chant is directed at opposition players and fans). The West Stand/North Stand/East Stand chant creates a huge wall of noise as it's easy to sing, it's inoffensive, everyone can join in and there is a bit of cheeky competition between the stands, resulting in the fans chanting even louder to be on top of the banter.

It is also not widely used by other clubs, making it one of our trademark chants. I've noticed we often use it when the crowd has gone quiet a bit, in slow parts of the match - and often gets the atmosphere going again, which in turn lifts the team. They probably don't care much for words, more the noise being created in support of them.

Of course it's good to have chants about players and the team as well, as the individual chants can have a great effect on that player's motivation, as with Nooney. However, a good mixture is needed to create a good atmosphere.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Great to get everyone involved today just hope we don't concede every time the East join in!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Bollocks. It sounds brilliant and everyone joins in. I Love it.

The north didn't join in when the west started it - twice, hence the "aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhs"
They managed to catch on at the third attempt.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
its point of view I suppose.. yes it would be great if all 3 stands could sing the same song (not just ALBION>>ALBION) but its gonna take some time... at least its interactive and gets people singing.. Im with you on expanding it and adding variety but to call it shit is .. well harsh. White hart lane has a super atmoshpere and they sing this along with several others i.e slow oh when the spurs etc.. its not shit and embarrassing but your right that it must not become our only part piece..

This. It seems to have got the east stand going more which is great as I'm guessing there are a lot of resonably new fans in there and not many willing to take the lead with starting songs.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Should be quite easy to do really, East have their go, then the north, then the west, back to the north, back to the east!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

Balls! Football is about having a good time! I also love that chant.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Bellend

Even bigger Bellend

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh

Any singing adds to the atmosphere, Better than sitting there in silence, i'm there to enjoy myself after years of crap, sorry if it ruins your day but we wont be stopping

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here