Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to do the three way chant

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I thought the chant was a bit shit at first but i have to admit it does sound fantastic especially when a large chunk of the west get involved. Really need to let the east get involved though.
On a related matter the general atmosphere is much better than i expected, at times yesterday the place was rocking, seems like a large section of the crowd are willing to get involved too which seems to be rare in modern football especially in new stadiums.

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
From a Blackpool fan.

"Also, i thought the thing they did where the stands sung to each was the best thing i've seen at an away ground. It was brilliant."

Also from a couple of Blackpool fans inwas talking to in the queue for the train: "When you scored your second the sound from the West stand with all the tiers was really very intimidating!"

Felt quite proud after that ;-)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I thought the chant was a bit shit at first but i have to admit it does sound fantastic especially when a large chunk of the west get involved. Really need to let the east get involved though.
On a related matter the general atmosphere is much better than i expected, at times yesterday the place was rocking, seems like a large section of the crowd are willing to get involved too which seems to be rare in modern football especially in new stadiums.

Perhaps it needs to be started with:

'East Stand, East Stand, give us a song'

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I will get vilified for this but those chants are s*** and embarrassing. It simply confirms what stand you are sitting in. How is that supposed to support the players? It tells them the fans are more interested in being louder than each other in some primary school tribal way or like on a childrens TV show where the team with the loudest cheer wins. SORT YOUR LIVES OUT. Also the "Brighton boys" bit is well....creepy. The chant is S***! Sing something about the players on the pitch.

f***ing hell i've heard it all now.

Ignoring the idiotic comment i've quoted, i haven't heard this chant very often at all from other fans - i know 1 man and his dog used to sing 'we're the north bank Highbury' as i used to hear it poorly done on TV - it's also prob our loudest and best song at the AMEX to date

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At least with this chant we dont have so many "AL - BI - ON"'s to contend with :lol:

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Not sure about the die part as the east stand did have the kids singing as well, how about were the Amex were the Amex were the Amex Brighton boys, or maybe falmer, this keeps it nice and child friendly and just a bit of fun, and as we sing about where we sit in the ground how about the ground we sit in

"we are Brighton, we are brighton, We are Brighton boys for life"
All three stands sining that would be loud (plus kiddy friendly).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Please God know, Richard Reynolds has no place in creating the atmosphere. He just needs to shut up.

It seems to me the majority of fans want to do the 3 way chant, especially the kids in the East Stand who we are trying to encourage, as the more they enjoy it the more they will want to attend.

I agree we need to do the chant about 3 times followed by everyone together singing the same, which will really increase the volume. I like the idea of "we're the Falmer Brighton Boys" or maybe we're the Seagull Brighton Boys

Someone on here must know Richard Reynolds, he wants to get the crowd pumped up. Why cant we get him to get the 3 stands to sing one after another?

:albion2::clap2::albion2:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why can't the words be changed slightly?

We're the North Stand, we're the North Stand, we're the North Stand Brighton Boys, followed by shouting "WEST"
We're the West Stand, we're the West Stand, we're the West Stand Brighton Boys, followed by shouting "EAST"
We're the East Stand, we're the East Stand, we're the East Stand Brighton Boys, followed by shouting "NORTH"

At least this way everyone would knows who is next.

Not a bad idea, but it's not exactly rocket science is it? We just need to decide whether it goes clockwise or anti-clockwise.

I vote North-West-East, because the East will still be the quietest but will be followed by the loudest stand (North).

I think the three-way chant is much better than just a right side/left side chant (which would get monotonous after a while) as it gives the three stands the chance to prove who can sing loudest.

Last edited:

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I was going through the Blackpool forums and they loved it when the stands sung to each other.
One supporter said it was was one of the best bits of singing he had ever heard at a football match.

If supporters enjoy it, then why not :albion2:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
:glare: Does anyone else remember the days before the Internet - and when chants and songs simply eminated from the stands - rather than fruitless debates and unecessary attempts to orchestrate what is intended to simply be an outpouring of emotion? However did we cope? :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It should go round twice clockwise, followed by scarves/hands in the air for "we are Brighton" [to We are sailing" ] . That would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up with the whole ground singing it IMO

:glare: Does anyone else remember the days before the Internet - and when chants and songs simply eminated from the stands - rather than fruitless debates and unecessary attempts to orchestrate what is intended to simply be an outpouring of emotion? However did we cope? :shrug:

Well, in the Goldstone and Withdean days there was only ever one stand singing! We've got 3 now, and that's two more than a lot of clubs even in the Prem. Hats off to all.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I am glad you are all still thinking about this, it could be our signature piece! I have taken all the suggestions on board. Are we all ageed then? apart from the few who do not want to join in.

The West, North or both Stands start with 'East Stand, East Stand, give us a song'

We're the East Stand, we're the East Stand, we're the East Stand Brighton Boys.
Followed by We're the North Stand, we're the North Stand, we're the North Stand Brighton Boys,
Followed by We're the West Stand, we're the West Stand, we're the West Stand Brighton Boys,

No Richard Reynolds helping

If all agreed, speak to anyone you know in the East Stand so they know what to sing

If it works well we can add to it

:albion2::O:albion2:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
it's a great chant for atmosphere

i'd also like to see the old Goldstone cousin of this chant brought back too....

West Sussex la la la (the right side?)
East Sussex la la la (the left side?)

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
I am glad you are all still thinking about this, it could be our signature piece! I have taken all the suggestions on board. Are we all ageed then? apart from the few who do not want to join in.

The West, North or both Stands start with 'East Stand, East Stand, give us a song'

We're the East Stand, we're the East Stand, we're the East Stand Brighton Boys.
Followed by We're the North Stand, we're the North Stand, we're the North Stand Brighton Boys,
Followed by We're the West Stand, we're the West Stand, we're the West Stand Brighton Boys,

No Richard Reynolds helping

If all agreed, speak to anyone you know in the East Stand so they know what to sing

If it works well we can add to it

:albion2::O:albion2:

i love this idea although i wouldn't be against RR helping out .
lets hope its gets going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here