Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to do the three way chant

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Surely after all 3 stands have gone a couple of times there should be a verse for the whole stadium.
Can't work out what the words should be though... hmm.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I will get vilified for this but those chants are s*** and embarrassing. It simply confirms what stand you are sitting in. How is that supposed to support the players? It tells them the fans are more interested in being louder than each other in some primary school tribal way or like on a childrens TV show where the team with the loudest cheer wins. SORT YOUR LIVES OUT. Also the "Brighton boys" bit is well....creepy. The chant is S***! Sing something about the players on the pitch.

f***ing rubbish. You think the players are listening to the words when we're making noise? I doubt it. Us singing is letting them know we're there. It breaks off whenever we're on the attack anyway. The noise it makes in the stadium is incredible. Big up the East stand for getting in on the act today!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I will get vilified for this but those chants are s*** and embarrassing. It simply confirms what stand you are sitting in. How is that supposed to support the players? It tells them the fans are more interested in being louder than each other in some primary school tribal way or like on a childrens TV show where the team with the loudest cheer wins. SORT YOUR LIVES OUT. Also the "Brighton boys" bit is well....creepy. The chant is S***! Sing something about the players on the pitch.

WTF, have you copied and pasted that on every thread?

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

I take it you will be booking Andrew Lloyd Webber or someone to pen a chant to ensure all chants are sung in unison, right tone, pitch and no miming etc. Actually, really excited about this now, we could choreograph some moves too or syncronised hand gestures :cool::guitar:

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Have to admit that I did get carried away singing 'East Stand' and missed theBlackpool goal. Have to say I feel cheated. They should have stopped their attack, or put the ball out of play until we had finished singing. No different to an injury, and putting the ball out.

Shameon you Blackpool!

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Surely after all 3 stands have gone a couple of times there should be a verse for the whole stadium.
Can't work out what the words should be though... hmm.
All 3 stands "we are Brighton, we are Brighton, we are Brighton do or die" ?
Maybe?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Anyone superstitious? The first time I heard the East stand sing I turned to look.............and Blackpool scored!!!!!!!!!!!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
All 3 stands "we are Brighton, we are Brighton, we are Brighton do or die" ?
Maybe?

Not sure about the die part as the east stand did have the kids singing as well, how about were the Amex were the Amex were the Amex Brighton boys, or maybe falmer, this keeps it nice and child friendly and just a bit of fun, and as we sing about where we sit in the ground how about the ground we sit in

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
how about were the Amex were the Amex were the Amex Brighton boys, or maybe falmer, this keeps it nice and child friendly and just a bit of fun, and as we sing about where we sit in the ground how about the ground we sit in

This is what I was thinking

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
It seems to me the majority of fans want to do the 3 way chant, especially the kids in the East Stand who we are trying to encourage, as the more they enjoy it the more they will want to attend.

I agree we need to do the chant about 3 times followed by everyone together singing the same, which will really increase the volume. I like the idea of "we're the Falmer Brighton Boys" or maybe we're the Seagull Brighton Boys

Someone on here must know Richard Reynolds, he wants to get the crowd pumped up. Why cant we get him to get the 3 stands to sing one after another?

:albion2::clap2::albion2:

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
This. It seems to have got the east stand going more which is great as I'm guessing there are a lot of resonably new fans in there and not many willing to take the lead with starting songs.
I sit in Easter having had a season ticket for 7 years, with Brother who has for about 10-11 and Uncle and Grandad (30 years +)... There are a lot of fans around us who also have supported the team for ages.

What you'll find is there are kids around (who, by and large, I must say, are great) but obviously they can't see over loads of people standing up and there are quite a few more elderly fans.

I think they choose to sit in the East stand, from what a couple of people were saying, because with the same view in the West Stand you can't get concession tickets or something.

The kids love the chanting though so I would agree its a good way to get people involved.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Or just do left (half the north and the East sing) vs The right side Brighton boys (other half of north and the west)

this. it works already to an extent.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
f***ing rubbish. You think the players are listening to the words when we're making noise? I doubt it. Us singing is letting them know we're there. It breaks off whenever we're on the attack anyway. The noise it makes in the stadium is incredible. Big up the East stand for getting in on the act today!

What I found interesting yesterday is that the singing didn't often break off when we were on the attack or under pressure. Eerily, the singing seemed rather detached from what was happening in the play and had developed a life and dynamic of its own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here