Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many to Reading?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must say, I'm surprised if we've sold 3,000, what with the lack of trains.
I wonder how many Reading could have brought to the Amex if we had been at home and there had been no trains on Boxing Day? I know they only get 2,300 here but would they have sold them all I wonder?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not just the trains, it's family commitments as well.

That said, there's plenty of people who are grateful for the opportunity to AVOID such family commitments. I guess :lol:

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
Me + the Mrs.. in car...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Me and maybe the boy now that it's pay on the gate.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Me, woodingdean seagull and miss woodingdean seagull

I only now go to the big games

Lol

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Will be a terrific atmopshere, come on lets take 4000 and show what away support is all about !!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I wonder how many Reading could have brought to the Amex if we had been at home and there had been no trains on Boxing Day? I know they only get 2,300 here but would they have sold them all I wonder?
Not a lot maybe 1400 as they don't travel well anyway:)

Akerr99

Sep 25, 2010
Wantage
I'll be there with younger son, brother-in-law (Wolves fan) and my 5 year old nephew. First game for my nephew (his dad hasn't taken him to molyneux yet) so hope it's a good turn out and good game. My 12th game this season (6th away) and haven't seen the Albion win a league game yet

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Is it definately POTG then?

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Went in store today to get tickets and they have sent back 1,000 tickets back to Reading, I asked if its POTG but they didnt know, Said i would have to contact Reading. Anyone know if it is POTG?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Funny how average attendances this season are virtually identical:
BRIGHTON - 18,397
READING - 18,212

They've had numerous gates around the 15k mark though after a quick look, below that for a couple of games in terms of home fans. The gates which drag their attendances up are when Cardiff took over 3.5k there, Southampton 4k, and West Ham who had a very large following.

How is our average attendance 18,397?? Thats below our lowest league gate.

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
They've had numerous gates around the 15k mark though after a quick look, below that for a couple of games in terms of home fans. The gates which drag their attendances up are when Cardiff took over 3.5k there, Southampton 4k, and West Ham who had a very large following.

Well, got it from: http ://footballstats .sportinglife .com/dom/ENG/D1/attend .html
(sorry for spaces, don't quite get to 25-post min for posting links ...)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

according to website, our average league attandance is 20,033.

A few cup games would have the all game average down a bit (Gilligham for example

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Funny how average attendances this season are virtually identical:
BRIGHTON - 18,397
READING - 18,212

That is incorrect. They have used the 2,500 odd figure that was put on the official club website in error for the Forest game. Our average is around the 20,000 mark.

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England

To be honest, you're dead right Simster. Don't know what it is, we still haven't aclimatized to being a second tier team after nearly a decade in the division. In fact, Port Vale take an average of more away fans around than Reading!!

daib0

Nov 20, 2011
Spain - England
Out of interest, here's a Calculation of all away fans in the league. But it dates from last season when you were Div 1, but even so you do incredibly well. You'll see what c*** we (Reading) are unfortunately ...

http ://royalsrendezvous .co .uk/topic/9183526/1
(again, sorry for having to close up spaces first ...)

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Yeah its an odd one, not sure why they have never travelled well when the home support holds up pretty well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here