How many to Reading?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Anyone heard how many tickets we have sold for boxing day? Think we got about 2000 tickets so hopefully should nearly sell them all?
Taking my 6 year old to his first away game of the season !!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Think I may be coming back to Brighton early boxing day, managed to blag it, so i'll be driving me +3 others up.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Me + 2

Rather slacking this season in that it will be my first away game

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
No trains (big bridge being put in at Reading station over Christmas) so transport will be miniging.

Reading station to close over Christmas due to revamp
Festive rail passengers around Reading are to be hit with delays as the first part of a £400m revamp starts.

Network Rail said it was the best time to carry out the work which will see the station partially shut from late on Christmas Eve until 4 January.

A bus replacement service will operate but some rail services will be allowed to run at busy times.

The station will be remodelled by 2013 to include five more platforms and two additional entrances.

Network Rail said: "We're working closely with First Great Western and other train operating companies to minimise the impact of this work on your journeys.

"There will be a frequent, efficient, replacement bus timetable, and plenty of staff on hand to help you on your journey

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
COMMUTERS and travellers will face severe disruption when
Reading Station and its tracks shut
for major engineering work from
Christmas Day until Monday, January 3.

The closure signals the next phase of the station's multi million pound upgrade, with engineers switching signalling from Reading to a high-tech control centre in Didcot.

A 1,000 tonne bridge will also be lifted into place over Caversham Road to carry trains to new platforms. Caversham Road will be closed between Tudor Road and Vastern Road roundabout from 8pm on Thursday, December 30, until 6am on Monday, January 3, while a 1,000 tonne transportation platform with more than 270 wheels lifts the new bridge into place.

The scheme will iron out bottlenecks and enable more trains to pass through the station but the work will cause major disruption for travellers.

First Great Western passengers to Paddington will have to use replacement buses between Theale and Slough, calling at all railway stations along the route.

There are also buses to Didcot Parkway from Twyford, while South West Trains passengers heading to and from London Waterloo must use a rail replacement bus between Reading and Wokingham.

Long distance trains will avoid Reading completely, with some being diverted to Waterloo.

First Great Western tickets will be valid on South West Trains, allowing passengers to find alternative routes in and out of London Waterloo.

The closure excludes New Year's Eve, when a Bank Holiday service will operate, with additional trains from London.
No services at all will run on Christmas Day or Boxing Day.

First Great Western managing director Mark Hopwood said: "Customers planning to travel during the Christmas period should check their journey details via the First Great Western website before travelling

Last edited:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Me +2 (maybe +4)

It's my sons first ever away game....

AND HE WILL BE LEADING THE LADS OUT.. He's the mascot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
2000 is pretty poor for a boxing day, considering WHU have just taken 4,500 on a saturday just before Christmas.
I suppose the club aren't prepared to commit to anymore because of the payment upfront required.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm spending Boxing Day at the inlaws in Basingstoke. Whats that? Reading FC is 12.5 miles away? Ohhh go on then, me plus father in law hehe :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wouldn't be surprised if the turnout was only 1,400

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports